Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yay, I bet we'll get something awesome like, increases the mana return of your Tower of Radiance by 5%.
    Better yet, we'll probably get a 2pc that increases Holy Light mana return by 5% and a 4pc that increases FoL mana return by 5%.

Our set bonus will probably just get nerfed to some stupidly low number, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Our set bonus will probably just get nerfed to some stupidly low number, don't worry.
    yep, with the excuse of how strong is DP with the set.

Deleted
    Do you think it will be worth casting 1 HoPo LoD's for the 2 set bonus (taking in consideration it can also proc the 4 set bonus)? I know they're subject to change but as they are currently,is it worth it or not? Why so?

Quote Originally Posted by Akam3x View Post
    Do you think it will be worth casting 1 HoPo LoD's for the 2 set bonus (taking in consideration it can also proc the 4 set bonus)? I know they're subject to change but as they are currently,is it worth it or not? Why so?
    It probably is, especially if you are not in melee and holy power is scarce. We have sort of been there before, with DP, so the exact same logic still applies. On the other hand, recall what happened back then: DP was nerfed to reduce the proc chance if you use finishers with less than 3 holy power. If enough people start abusing this, Blizz will most likely nerf it in the same manner.

I don't believe so, I was doing a bit of playing around with that. The issue is that a 3 HP finisher only brings around 40-60k healing, where as HR(same cast time) has a about a 40k+ heal as well. Due to the current 4 piece and paladins not having any mana issues at the moment, the use of time to cast 1 HP spells would be wasted.
    It's an alright idea but doesn't turn out logically. Also it seems like a lot of people in the thread are forgetting the idea that healing depends on what your raid needs and not what brings the most overall HPS.
    I heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Relil View Post
    Also it seems like a lot of people in the thread are forgetting the idea that healing depends on what your raid needs and not what brings the most overall HPS.
    Its a theorycrafting discussion, so we're here to talk about the HPS. We've talked about the 'other' things, it consists of "this class does it better, as does this one, and this one, and this one, this one too, so does this DPS one".

Deleted
    What glyphs are you with on the BETA right now? Out of the ones worth mentioning:

1. Sac is mandatory
    2. FoL - is one of the optionals
    3. BoL - is one of the optionals again,but ever since the ToR changes I don't see us needing it for every fight,we'd swap beacons surely,but a lot more seldom from what I can tell
    4. Divine Protection - situational
    5. Divine Wrath - proven to be inefficient
    6. Protector of the innocent - Mostly useless if you go for SS,your WoGs will be from procs and they'll be too few for this glyph to be effective
    7. Merciful Wrath - Never saw a lot of talk about it ever since the last build and changes to Hpalas.From the looks of it most of us will be going for SW , MW does make HS's CD longer by reducing the effect of SW , as well as HS's extra crit chance from SW , however AW still lasts for 30s with MW (effectiveness/CD reduced by 50%) this glyph seems very interesting to me but it isn't like any of the other straight forward "gain XYZ" glyphs, you lose some of your SW's effectiveness but on the flip since we only have 1 CD and it being on 3min seems too slow for me.Esp. with AW+SW allowing us a 30s gap in time where we're a lot more mobile (HS on ~3.5s CD)

What I'm going for currently is: MW + LoH + Sac but I never really managed to raid since my guild's too lazy and Pugging gives me headaches.On paper MW is an HPS loss if you spec into SW as well (which we do,unless somebody can give me a legit reason not to) but in practice you'll get more healing out of it because you'll have it up for more "oh shit" phases.ThoughtS?

What glyphs are you with on the BETA right now?
    FoL, Sac, BoL currently, didn't put much thought into it though. Could very well see the shorter cooldown on wings being a thing since we only have 1 CD.

Deleted
    What I'm going for currently is: MW + LoH + Sac but I never really managed to raid since my guild's too lazy and Pugging gives me headaches.On paper MW is an HPS loss if you spec into SW as well (which we do,unless somebody can give me a legit reason not to) but in practice you'll get more healing out of it because you'll have it up for more "oh shit" phases.ThoughtS?
    I think it's worth a try.
    Light of Dawn affects 2 fewer targets, but heals each target for 25% more.
    The slow HP-generation and spending HP primary on LoD seem to fortify it. Particularly in critical situations or the so called "'oh shit' phases".
    Anyone else tried it (MW + LoD + Sac)?
    Last edited by mmoc70939ab6d2; 2014-09-21 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennarion View Post
    The slow HP-generation and spending HP primary on LoD seem to fortify it. Particularly in critical situations or the so called "'oh shit' phases".
    Anyone else tried it (MW + LoD + Sac)?
    Substantial decrease in effectiveness for a very situational increase in effectiveness, I doubt we'll see it used unless we need to reduce the targets. Same story as live, rarely if ever used, usually seen as a clear lack of basic mathematics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennarion View Post
    Light of Dawn affects 2 fewer targets, but heals each target for 25% more.

The slow HP-generation and spending HP primary on LoD seem to fortify it.
    6x100>4x125 specially when those 125 don't go on the lowest health targets but rather on 4 injured targets.

Deleted
    Just out of curiousity what kind of quality of life changes do you want to see in paladins? For me its:
    J/LoD on 40 yrds as opposed to 30
    CS not giving HoPo
    AM glyph for physical dmg

Pretty sure I missed out on like 2/3 of them,but why haven't they been implemented yet?

Just out of curiousity what kind of quality of life changes do you want to see in paladins? For me its:
    J/LoD on 40 yrds as opposed to 30
    CS not giving HoPo
    AM glyph for physical dmg

Pretty sure I missed out on like 2/3 of them,but why haven't they been implemented yet?
    Both HoW and J are at 30 yards so I suspect there's an intent to keep them a bit lower range for all paladins. Considering how Holy previously had range-increasing talents just for Judgment, I question why they couldn't just roll it into Holy's "Holy Insight" ability. Come to look around, if they want Holy to use Selfless Healer then Judgment and healing abilities having equal range would be beneficial so the paladin can actually hit the boss and benefit from the talent.

No idea on why LoD is that way except perhaps that they feel an AoE that can hit a circular 60 yard diameter is good enough. I'd say they're wrong on that because intended targets could be between 30 and 40 yards and still healable through all the other paladin healing spells, so not healing them due to range issues is bullshit.

CS not giving HoPo is potentially a case of them not knowing what exactly to do with it because when it's gained it naturally gives HoPo on its own and they don't want to be like "Whoops, we take that back now that you're holy!" Even if we got protection while in melee like MW does the difference between hacing CS HoPo in melee and not having it at range would be too large for Blizzard's comfort I expect.

One of the thoughts I had was make CS not grant HoPo in the first place and then have the HoPo generation added to the prot and ret specs. An issue there is that WoG is gained at level 9 and CS is the only HoPo generator at that level, but it could be delayed until 10 or 11 instead and then have FoL in at 9. 14, where FoL currently is, is too late to gain WoG.

Don't you mean Devotion Aura getting a physical component and not AM? It's not Aura Mastery anymore. As to way it hasn't been done, it's probably not something they consider important enough to do, but I agree it'd be nice and an homage to what Devotion Aura was in the first place: Boosting Armor in Warcraft 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

I've just tried the "one HoPo EF" style healing with 4pc tier bonus.

It's insanely powerful and almost completely mana-free (well, mana-positive actually aside from the rare unlucky streaks). These two things together means it will be -- should be -- nerfed.

Deleted
    Hello,
    I've been tracking this topic for some time now, but I have missed out the last couple of weeks because of my holiday.
    So could anyone summarize what has happened and changed? It's a bit hard to read the entire topic and sometimes read conflicted opinions.

Is the secondary beacon still being macroed?
    Will 1HoPo EF blanketing still be a thing or is SS the better skill right now?
    What is the discussion about CS, seeing some comments about it but don't really get it.
    What is the likely playstyle going to be?

I'd appreciate if someone could give me some answers on these questions and other notes which I have missed.
    It's hard to see the wood for the trees when you have a 99 page thread with outdated and still relevant notes in it.

Thanks
    Jaxt, a silly paladin returning to wow in WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxt View Post
    Is the secondary beacon still being macroed?
    You could, but HL and FoL don't generate HP anymore. Instead you'll get mana back, if you heal a beaconed target. So useless.

Will 1HoPo EF blanketing still be a thing or is SS the better skill right now?
    SS is better now.

What is the discussion about CS, seeing some comments about it but don't really get it.
    CS generates 1 HP. But you have to be in melee range.

What is the likely playstyle going to be?
    Depending on the fight. Might be HR, HL, SS, HS & LoD by tendency.

edit:
    Has anyone tried Beacon of Insight yet?
    Does Beacon of Insight increase indirect healing from Holy Radiance? If Beacon of Insight moves to Player A and I'd cast HR on Player B, could Player A then be affected by the beacon?
    Last edited by mmoc70939ab6d2; 2014-09-22 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    @Ennarion You can check the tooltip but if memory serves me right - No it doesn't.My question is though,does BoI increase the overall(secondary/AoE) healing of HR if I use HR with a primary target that has BoI?

If you use HR on the BoI target, it should heal the 6 extras for the increased amount.

SS is not better. 4 piece T17 with EF and DP spec will give you the most throuput. Plus SS cost way too much mana.
    As a side note - I doubt our t17 will stay the same. To tie it to one spec is ridiculous.