10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

1.5 patch notes HUGE

for those that are interested

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...readable_long/

tldr: New vet dungeon, dungeon scaling, dungeon and crafting dailies, facialFX, chat bubbles, 2nd phase of CHAMPION SYSTEM, 2 hand, sword&board, bow, and dual wield buffs, Werewolf major overhaul and buffs, numerous bug fixes
    Last edited by c0rp; 2014-10-13 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rp View Post
    1.5 patch notes HUGE

tldr: New vet dungeon, dungeon scaling, dungeon and crafting dailies, facialFX, chat bubbles, 2nd phase of CHAMPION SYSTEM, 2 hand, sword&board, bow, and dual wield buffs, Werewolf major overhaul and buffs, numerous bug fixes
    wow!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Woo, those vet changes are nice. Here's hoping I find the time to play with WoD and all that coming out...

Quote Originally Posted by c0rp View Post
    1.5 patch notes HUGE

That is an insane amount of patch notes
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Wow; for a subscription MMORPG utilizing a non-tier based model for updates; ESO is beating NCsoft by several points in the content department. Gratz to Zenimax! I don't play the game anymore, but I hope that they can sustain that form of patching.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I noticed on Reddit, apparently they accidentally put in some stuff for the Justice System in this patch
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Wow; for a subscription MMORPG utilizing a non-tier based model for updates; ESO is beating NCsoft by several points in the content department. Gratz to Zenimax! I don't play the game anymore, but I hope that they can sustain that form of patching.
    I don't get the need to bring up Ncsoft's games in this. I mean, we all know that WildStar has struggled out of the gate.

And to that, I'd pose the counterargument that ZMO is currently in the red and running at a big loss right now, and has been for a while. IMO they're dumping a ton of resources into improving the game for the console launch, a la FFXIV:ARR (except they're keeping the sub for PC). The console launch will determine how the game goes in the future. If there's a strong launch, the game will likely continue on more or less as-is in terms of support. If not, then I totally expect there to be cuts/a business model change etc.

But we'll see. The changes seem to be pretty positive overall, so they may be able to pull a FFXIV and get a solid "relaunch" off.

errrr uhh reading the patch I don't see a shit ton of new content. There is a new dungeon and a new scale system to do old dungeons but I see mainly balancing changes and qol improvements. Which is good but it's not shit ton of new content over..... ncsoft? Wht does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't get the need to bring up Ncsoft's games in this. I mean, we all know that WildStar has struggled out of the gate.

And to that, I'd pose the counterargument that ZMO is currently in the red and running at a big loss right now, and has been for a while. IMO they're dumping a ton of resources into improving the game for the console launch, a la FFXIV:ARR (except they're keeping the sub for PC). The console launch will determine how the game goes in the future. If there's a strong launch, the game will likely continue on more or less as-is in terms of support. If not, then I totally expect there to be cuts/a business model change etc.

But we'll see. The changes seem to be pretty positive overall, so they may be able to pull a FFXIV and get a solid "relaunch" off.
    I haven't been fallowing. Will the console version have a sub cost and have they said anything about it coming out.

Also while the patch is big its mostly balancing changes and not any new content. If the console version is B2p or you need its sub like PSN/XBL ill pick it up but as it stands I still feel this game isn't worth a sub price.

But like you said maybe they will pull a FFXIV RR. Thats one MMO I don't mind subbing to.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    errrr uhh reading the patch I don't see a shit ton of new content. There is a new dungeon and a new scale system to do old dungeons but I see mainly balancing changes and qol improvements. Which is good but it's not shit ton of new content over..... ncsoft? Wht does that even mean?
    1. For a game that has been coming out with a new patch every month & a half; a new dungeon, questline, facial animation update, and scaling is a pretty big deal.

2. My bad; meant to say ArenaNet, with their two-week content delivery system. Probably shouldn't begin comparisons, as one is a MMORPG with an emphasis on endgame and the other is a mostly soloable experience with emphasis on story, but it just seems that ZMO is investing more into their updates gameplay wise than Guild Wars is receiving. Yes; probably a bad comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I haven't been fallowing. Will the console version have a sub cost and have they said anything about it coming out.

Also while the patch is big its mostly balancing changes and not any new content.
    New dungeon, gear, and facial animations!

And yes, presumably it will have a sub.

For a game that has been coming out with a new patch every month & a half
    might want to double check that buddy

My bad; meant to say ArenaNet, with their two-week content delivery system. Probably shouldn't begin comparisons, as one is a MMORPG with an emphasis on endgame and the other is a mostly soloable experience with emphasis on story, but it just seems that ZMO is investing more into their updates gameplay wise than Guild Wars is receiving. Yes; probably a bad comparison.
    Yes a very horrible inaccurate comparison

New dungeon, gear, and facial animations!

And yes, presumably it will have a sub.
    ill wait then because at lease on Ps4 I don't see it doing well in the sub department. Since you do have FFXIV/DCUO on there that will hold most of the MMO playerbase. Also there is Destiny that is MMO-ish for those who don't want to sub to anything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Is Xbox, ps4, and PC still going to be separate servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    might want to double check that buddy

Yes a very horrible inaccurate comparison
    Whats wrong with the patch every month and a half? The game will have been out for about 6months when 1.5 launches.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much they can do about that Xbox and PS4 don't wanna work together, and crossing either with PC would probably bring issues.

So it seems.

Be nice if somehow they could set it up where Ps4/XboxOne connect to PC but not each other. Lot of work to pull that off tho if they even could.

I think one of the things that helped FFXIV a lot is the fact it shares servers with Ps3/Ps4 and PC.

Not much they can do about that Xbox and PS4 don't wanna work together, and crossing either with PC would probably bring issues.
    It's just shooting themselves in the foot :l
    Whats wrong with the patch every month and a half? The game will have been out for about 6months when 1.5 launches.
    It's ignorant to think the each patch would be equal in terms of content to each other and then compare it to a game which is 100% going in a different direction as well as having 2 week content updates + holiday events it's just... no

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just shooting themselves in the foot :l

It's ignorant to think the each patch would be equal in terms of content to each other and then compare it to a game which is 100% going in a different direction as well as having 2 week content updates + holiday events it's just... no

How are they shooting themselves in the foot? It's beyond their control.

As far as content goes 1.5 has
    • Continuation of the City of Ash Dungeon in Veteran city of Ash, it's not just the normal one but harder it's pretty different
      Improved Facial Animations
      Veteran Rank Improvements to make it faster
      Dungeon Scaling
      Solo Scaling
      Undaunted quests and awesome looking gear with them
      Crafting quests
      A new style for Dwemer
      Chat Bubbles and
      Delve Updates, which basically means they made 21 of the delves in the game a good bit longer
      then there are of course bug fixes and what not

Yes to the subscription, no firm word on when it's out. Last i remember is "late 2014/early 2015".

If the console version is B2p or you need its sub like PSN/XBL ill pick it up but as it stands I still feel this game isn't worth a sub price.
    You'll need XBL for sure, I don't believe you'll need PS+ though. I'm still not 100% sure how Sony is handling it as they have kinda waffled back and forth on whether or not MMO's will require them or not (though they've stuck pretty firm to F2P games not requiring it, at least).

2. My bad; meant to say ArenaNet, with their two-week content delivery system. Probably shouldn't begin comparisons, as one is a MMORPG with an emphasis on endgame and the other is a mostly soloable experience with emphasis on story, but it just seems that ZMO is investing more into their updates gameplay wise than Guild Wars is receiving. Yes; probably a bad comparison.
    You're comparing a P2P game to a B2P game...not the best comparison considering they have different business models. Even then, I don't see the need to try to bash GW2. It's delivered a solid amount of content (even if it's temporary) with its bi-weekly release schedule since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    It seems more like Microsoft being unwilling to work with others. Sony already plays nice with PC (FFXIV, for example) and with their past generation systems (FFXIV/DCUO), and IIRC they've talked about how they're open to working with Microsoft on shared multiplayer games. Microsoft are the ones who have been pretty adamant that their games online portions stay exclusively on their platform and don't play with any other platforms.

i always planned to play ESO again (only played the first month and quit due to botting and such), i still keep up on it but I don't have the urge to resub quite yet. was cool skimming through the patch notes and i hope it does well, just not the game for me right now