Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have never been a big gold hoarder like alot of people. I also refuse to buy gold. It always seemed sketchy and I wont pay money for something i can just go do.

By far the best way to get gold in my experience has been old raids. ANY expansion works; However, The later expansions are far more rewarding. I recommend downloading Atlaslootenhanced addon so that you can see what sort of pets the raids drop too. That way you can optimize pet drops and sell them. Not to mention you get a chance to get old raid mounts or grab some glory achieves while you're there.

As far as garrisons go... yeah gather professions are ruined if you are still paying for ore or herbs.... you are reallllyyyyyy lazy.
    I get about 500~gold a day from collecting missions(once a day usually) and just selling all my lvl 3 scrapyard goodies.

Also if you did dungeons to 100 and no questing go do the questing. i started with about 4-5k gold at start of WoD and once i hit 100 i had about 18k just from questing

It will be funny that someone listens to these advice.
    Waste hundreds of hours.

When "game time for gold" kicks in, he finds out he made $100 for "hundreds of hours".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    if I level all my toons to 100 I will have 11 x 400g ( minimum ) per day with ZERO effort outside of farming garrison .
    Farming 11 Garrisons a day is not what I would describe as "zero effort". I only do 3-5 a day and it's easily 45 mins "work" maintaining all my work orders and missions and gathering herb/mine. I'm pretty sure I'd lose my mind doing that garbage 11 times a day, and I'm not even doing the most tedious thing (trapping for the barn, which is also the most lucrative garrison component).

On topic, just make a L2 scribe building on all your alts and make cards. It's free gold for very minimal effort. I'm selling 5ish cards a day for ~600-800g each on average. Some cards are already down to 200g, but others are maintaining 2k+ for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    explain how that works i have 6 and i cant figure out how to get 1000's per day
    Well I can make an epic 640 item once every 5 or 6 days and they sell for 6-9k, so that's over 1k per day on one garrison. You could do that on every character or with multiple crafting professions also. Enchanter makes one temporal crystal per day plus another one from the garrison so that's about 1k per day also. I've made about 60k in this expac so far doing nothing more than garrisons and follower missions. Only up to about 117k, which is way more than I need. I guess I could buy BoEs or gear out alts or something, but I'm trying to stay away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    are there any specific 25H Wrath/Cata raids to run for maximum goldage ? or just any of them ?

and which give more - Wrath raids or Cata raids ?

and something else - is it possible for someone who isn't an engineer or hasn't got a vendor mount to get something with which they can vendor their items mid raid ? since those drops take up a lot of space ..

thanks
    Any raids with lots of trash and bosses are good. Some like BT are OK, but they are so big that for some classes it's slow. A rogue for example can sprint the whole way so the size isn't a big deal. Honestly any raid is decent. Naxx 25 man is about 800-1k gold from a clear. I haven't done the cata ones. Naxx is very boss dense. You can also run MC and BWL for a few hundred gold each.

Well I can make an epic 640 item once every 5 or 6 days and they sell for 6-9k
    You must be on a crappy server.
    All 640 BoEs are selling 2k at most.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It will be funny that someone listens to these advice.
    Waste hundreds of hours.

When "game time for gold" kicks in, he finds out he made $100 for "hundreds of hours".
    ....................so.... if he uses the advice and say runs "HUNDREDS OF HOURS" of old raids and is getting boatloads of gold..... and then is able to use that gold to buy gametime it was a waste of that time?........................ you are confusing

if anything that sounds like a great use of time and saves him Real money and he has tons of gold

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Missions+Salvage yard, it really adds up.
    This says so much for keeping repair bill up and buying something small, you never lose gold this way and your always on the + side

Savage Blood.

Savage Blood.

More Savage Blood.

^ Continue this until the price of SB finally comes down enough that upcrafting gear using SB generates a decent margin.

Straight up ore/herb grinding - not very profitable. If you want to grind something, grind primal spirits and exchange them for Savage Blood at your garrison. It's effectively like the old SoH but you can sell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You must be on a crappy server.
    All 640 BoEs are selling 2k at most.
    Not necessarily, my realm A52-US is high pop and a pretty strong server, some BoEs are still running 12-15k if the stat rolls are good, 5-10k for bad rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    just make sure you do cd's and make your special items and sell them.

If you have a tailor go back and do your farm in mop for spirits and make 28 slot bags they still sell for a good profit.

If you have engineer do jards cd daily and sell the mount.

this isn't fast income but it's steady.

probably made over 1 mil gold in the last year
    I used to do this in MoP, however the amount of gold I made back then (which I thought was considerable at the time) is dwarfed by what I've made recently on SBs alone, using only 1.5 barns. Something like 300k since WoD launched I'd say, and I've only been doing it on the side.

P.S. If you are interested in MoP CD stuff I also recommend the Reborn weapons from BS, I made a mint on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That's funny that people are saying garrisons are a "money sink". I've made probably over 120k on one character thanks to my garrison. I've always been a broke ass player too, like I mean under 1000 gold at all times. I just hoarded mats and I'm pretty sure I was the first person with 700 alch on A52. I sold greater pots for like 5k a stack for the first few days, then they went down to 2.5k for a few weeks, then around 1.2k for a good bit. Now they sell for shit (less than 700g).

I also sold a few forge weapons for around 20k each. It's all about patience. If I see the prices start to go down I'll either buy out everything and resell it, or just wait til they go back up and undercut and sell for a huge profit.

For a good while I completely controlled the potion market. I'd buy anything that was sold for less than mine and sell it for a stupid price so when people thought they were being crafty by undercutting me by 20+ percent, they were actually still OVER what the actual value of the potions were by a few hundred gold

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

To easily answer your question OP, no there is nothing in WoD that is as easy and profitable as prospecting was.

So far, I've read three pages of nothing but small time nickel and dime suggestions.

It's quite depressing, really.

Speaking from someone on Stormrage that doesn't play a lot it is indeed hard to make gold. However, when buying things for my professions I can see how expensive things go on a daily basis.

Going off of US Stormrage - Alliance and WoD mats

- All herbs currently sell decently (Good days I may find some stacks of herbs for less than 1g/herb and on bad days it can go up to 3g/herb)
    - Ore is usually 30s-70s each so if you have miners definitely do not try to profit from WoD ore.
    - Leather sells well (Generally the same prices as herbs if not more)
    - Sumptuous Fur is the most costly out the above.
    - All upgrade consumables go for decent prices but, as someone mentioned unless you're supplying all of the mats it's not going to yield a substantial profit buying bloods.
    - Crafted ilvl640 BoE's are 4.5k+
    - DMF cards vary from 300g to 2.5k
    - Stam/Agi/Str flasks are 100-175g for a stack of 5, whereas Int flasks are 250+

If I played more on a regular basis I'd personally probably level my druid and use her professions (herb/skin) to make all of my gold.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Bah nvm, they must have nerfed the vendor price of crafted items in one of those hotfixes
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2014-12-29 at 03:52 AM. Reason: boo
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

run alot of gold garrison missions

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    That's funny that people are saying garrisons are a "money sink". I've made probably over 120k on one character thanks to my garrison. I've always been a broke ass player too, like I mean under 1000 gold at all times. I just hoarded mats and I'm pretty sure I was the first person with 700 alch on A52. I sold greater pots for like 5k a stack for the first few days, then they went down to 2.5k for a few weeks, then around 1.2k for a good bit. Now they sell for shit (less than 700g).

I also sold a few forge weapons for around 20k each. It's all about patience. If I see the prices start to go down I'll either buy out everything and resell it, or just wait til they go back up and undercut and sell for a huge profit.

For a good while I completely controlled the potion market. I'd buy anything that was sold for less than mine and sell it for a stupid price so when people thought they were being crafty by undercutting me by 20+ percent, they were actually still OVER what the actual value of the potions were by a few hundred gold
    As a fellow A52 alchemist, thanks for buying all my potions! Glad you made a profit on it, I got as much gold as i need for the expac in the process

10+ Year Old Account
    I found that I could make a bit of change selling WOD level builds from inscription, i.e. volatile crystal, staves and off hand items. If you're realy looking to pull a quick buck sicne nobody is selling these on my server(Arthas), farm war paints and sell them by stakcs of 20 in the ah every three days(takes three days for garrison to process 20 orders). You could make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Missions+Salvage yard, it really adds up.
    This is what I was coming here to say. Honestly if you don't want to bother doing the Inn dailies (meh gold) and the Apexis dailies (meh gold) you should make at least 1k a week from just Salvage and gold missions from your followers. And realistically that number is probably closer to 2k+ a week. Just AH certain salvaged items and level your followers so you get 100% success on your missions.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    To easily answer your question OP, no there is nothing in WoD that is as easy and profitable as prospecting was.

So far, I've read three pages of nothing but small time nickel and dime suggestions.

It's quite depressing, really.
    With enough nickels and dimes you can still be rich.

As has been said before, making money is now about taking advantage of multiple different income streams, not just one method. People have already made millions from using a combination of salvage yard + garrison missions + profession buildings + SB from barn.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    explain how that works i have 6 and i cant figure out how to get 1000's per day
    The daily JC quest gives you 250ish gold per day * 11 = 2750 gold a day for basically zero effort. If you farmed ore at the start of the expansion you probably still have several thousand sitting around in your bank. Then do follower missions that give gold to get another couple hundred per toon. Plus if you also have a salvage yard you can DE or vendor the gear from salvage crates that comes from just doing missions. It's quite easy to make money without even leaving your garrison.