Deleted

How do you use breath of Sindragosa best?

Hi all!
    I havent really tried BoS much and need to know how tog use it best.
    I main unholy but does tank sometimes.
    I assume i should pool RP before i activate it, byt then im lost.
    Do i just use runes om certain abilities and ignore RP usage?
    Is there an optimal number of adds to use it on or can i use it on singletarget?

Breath is ideal on 1-3 targets after that its dmg doesn't really go up its not like other aoe moves.

Yes ignore all moves that use RP. Don't overcap RP unless you are gonna cap on all 6 runes and have almost 12 blood charges then you need to spend some.

Deleted
    I also have trouble keeping it up a significant amount of time.
    Why do you use Runes on Chains of Ice and not on Deathstrike?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    I also have trouble keeping it up a significant amount of time.
    Why do you use Runes on Chains of Ice and not on Deathstrike?

Thanks
    That's for blood tanks cheesing with the glyph that gives RP on chains.

Deleted
    I understand it gives RP but DS = 2 Death runes for 20 RP and chains gives 10 RP für death/frost runes.
    I don't see the advantage and I bet I am missing something ;-)

Glyph of Icy Runes gives you the same RP return for less runes

Deleted
    Basically, dont use deathcoil. Use runes cleverly.

Also, having 35%+ multistrike helps a lot...

Also, if you are using it as Blood, try to use it while you are actively tanking the boss and/or adds. If there is a Council/Twin fight, ask to tank whatever boss is dual wielding weapons (if one exists). Parry Hasting still exists and will give you more auto attack melee swings resulting in more runic power via Blood Rites.

I understand it gives RP but DS = 2 Death runes for 20 RP and chains gives 10 RP für death/frost runes.
    I don't see the advantage and I bet I am missing something ;-)
    You get 20 RP with the glyph per 1 Chains. Most fights do magic dmg to the raid and Breath actually does more healing than DS granted less bursty than a DS but you can still DS quite a bit when you get a lot more MS.

I can go many minutes without chainsing more than a couple times with decent rng MS auto attacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You get 20 RP with the glyph per 1 Chains.
    Ah ok, that makes sense now. I always thought it would only give 10 RP. Buffed I am at 1550 MS (Just got a few new MS pieces) before I was at 1000 MS and it was quite hard keeping BoS up for longer then 30 sec /wo chains. Will try it asap.

So basically just Chains when you are about to go empty on RP and do not have other runes available?
    Last edited by mmocbe56772680; 2015-02-26 at 08:03 PM.

Ah ok, that makes sense now. I always thought it would only give 10 RP. Buffed I am at 1550 MS (Just got a few new MS pieces) before I was at 1000 MS and it was quite hard keeping BoS up for longer then 30 sec /wo chains. Will try it asap.

So basically just Chains when you are about to go empty on RP and do not have other runes available?
    You chains with Death Runes basically and DS with F/U pairs. Really you have to judge it per sec in fight. Where is your RP and are you able to keep it up with a few death strikes? RNG comes into play still... you could drop to 30 and cast 1 chains and instantly jump to 100 because you got a double MS on an auto.

Just have to play it per GCD and be smart and pay attention to your health using chains too much can be fatal.

BoS is used best in a PvP setting. Because honestly, defile provides waaaay more DPS at the moment than anything else of that tier. If you can Asphyxiate your target, then use BoS followed by Obliterate spams in PvP; then that is almost always a 1 shot opener unless they have a healer off CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Razkek View Post
    BoS is used best in a PvP setting. Because honestly, defile provides waaaay more DPS at the moment than anything else of that tier. If you can Asphyxiate your target, then use BoS followed by Obliterate spams in PvP; then that is almost always a 1 shot opener unless they have a healer off CC.
    Interesting... but this is a pve tank usage of BoS if you read 1 post at all.

Deleted
    Well I macroed my BoS with Vampiric Blood and Orc racial, and I got to say that in Blat Furnace HC, I ended up with 30k HPS and almost 2M damage of BoS I think that it might be a good number (At least for healing because i might need to reach the 35% MS to pull bigger uptime on BoS and more dps). But I believe that this clearly shows that this talent with the proper MS number and usage is completely OP, regarding dps as well as healing/survivability.

He was just following these steps
    1. Read title.
    2. Jump in to sprout opinion with no context.
    3. ????????
    4. Profit.

Breath when used correctly is a very viable talent, it just requires a lot of things to go right to really show it off.
    Necrotic Plague is (when used by Unholy) likely the go to talent now that 6.1 is here, especially when used in the Necroblight fashion (though it differs fight to fight).
    Defile is great and all, but sims assume 100% uptime on boss of it as well as instantaneous use.

You asked "How to use BOS best" and I provided you an answer. Yes I see that you tank, but you also mentioned that you main unholy. I was just providing you with a situation where BOS is actually useful. Otherwise I agree with Maxweii on Necrotic Plague. It looks to be the stronger of the 3 in the tier for Unholy DKs.

You asked "How to use BOS best" and I provided you an answer. Yes I see that you tank, but you also mentioned that you main unholy. I was just providing you with a situation where BOS is actually useful. Otherwise I agree with Maxweii on Necrotic Plague. It looks to be the stronger of the 3 in the tier for Unholy DKs.
    No, he didn't ask that. It was the title of his thread. Also the information you provided was incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    No, he didn't ask that. It was the title of his thread. Also the information you provided was incorrect.
    He was also asking about pve for dps and tanking and buddy-o jumped in with a pvp response.