10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Couldnt disagree more, and i doubt you would find many who agree with you.

Unless youre one if those guys who ignores the story and just tries to get to endgame raiding as fast as possible... If so, im sorry

For me, wrath/pandaria is best - though i could be pursuaded to enjoy grounded to a later patch if the terrain wasnt as clunky as Draenors...
    That terrain isn't filled with clunkiness, it is content! That hill you need to spend 30 seconds walking around to get to the only path leading up it is immersion!

I did enjoy being stuck to the ground while leveling, the first time around. However on alts, and at max level, it is nothing more than tedium. I now log in, turn in batch of missions and send followers back out again. That is all I do outside of raiding now because doing anything else is too bloody tedious for extremely shitty rewards. I would likely still not be playing very much even with flying returned to the game, because there still is a massive lack of max-level content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    There is a game design concept called "dominant strategy". It basically says if there is something that makes the game really easy and quick, it will be used to beat the game, regardless of how boring or tedious it is.
    If that was the case, any game ever would never bother putting in harder options. There wouldn't be achievements for doing bosses the harder way. Mythic wouldn't be celebrated as the pinnacle of WoW, because players don't care about that, they are looking for the easy way.

Some players like the less trodden path, the harder path, the non noob path, because it is a way to define themselves from the rest. If a player truely enjoyed solely using ground mounts, or enjoyed using ground mounts in times where speed wasn't required, then they wouldn't have a problem with any other player flying. Why should they? They are having fun playing the game the way they like.

To think that any player would forgo what they enjoyed doing, and enjoyed it so much to defend it so vigorously while using the very thing they are rallying against, just to get somewhere a little faster is a bit hypocritical, isn't it?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    If that was the case, any game ever would never bother putting in harder options. There wouldn't be achievements for doing bosses the harder way. Mythic wouldn't be celebrated as the pinnacle of WoW, because players don't care about that, they are looking for the easy way.

Some players like the less trodden path, the harder path, the non noob path, because it is a way to define themselves from the rest. If a player truly enjoyed solely using ground mounts, or enjoyed using ground mounts in times where speed wasn't required, then they wouldn't have a problem with any other player flying. Why should they? They are having fun playing the game the way they like.

To think that any player would forgo what they enjoyed doing, and enjoyed it so much to defend it so vigorously while using the very thing they are rallying against, just to get somewhere a little faster is a bit hypocritical, isn't it?
    To piggyback on this: It's absolute selfishness. Some players don't have the self-discipline to use a ground mount when they can fly even though they enjoy that method of travel more. Those folks rally over the removal of flight because the temptation is gone. How can someone be so selfish to want something so popular to be taken away from everyone to suit their preference? It's absolutely mind-boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    There is a game design concept called "dominant strategy". It basically says if there is something that makes the game really easy and quick, it will be used to beat the game, regardless of how boring or tedious it is.
    Do you mean 'boring and tedious' or 'flight point boring and tedious in order to not die from boredom I have to actually leave the room or alt tab out of wow'?

Wait a minute, so you are saying that I can no longer raid heroic raids with my guild because lfr exists? Wait, why am I doing heroic dungeons when there are regular easier dungeons? Oh my god my entire reason for playing is unraveling!!! Good bye cruel world!!! No wait, what you said is just rediculous. phew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    Getting from zone A to zone B is one thing. Objective bombing is another thing. The sad part is, that it is in fact YOU asking these stupid questions to reinforce your own narrative. That flying does the exact same things as other in-game mechanics. Which is outright stupid.

Cant you just say you love flying. I have much more respect for that.
    And again I will state, if they feel it is important to kill the guards around the objective then they should add the guards to the objective so stealthed kitties and rogues cant objective bomb. Hello reality, how are you today?

You are funny, you think I need your respect. Lol.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-04-18 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Cause getting around needless bullshit on your way to do the tasks you find fun...ISN'T tedium?

te·di·ous
    ˈtēdēəs/Submit
    adjective
    too long, slow, or dull: tiresome or monotonous.

Seems like a pretty accurate word to describe foot travel, all things considered. Unless you personally find it exciting to ride up the same ramp for the 50th time? Is that the case Brandon?
    It's all in your lazy casual perception.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Do you mean 'boring and tedious' or 'flight point boring and tedious in order to not die from boredom I have to actually leave the room or alt tab out of wow'?

Wait a minute, so you are saying that I can no longer raid heroic raids with my guild because lfr exists? Wait, why am I doing heroic dungeons when there are regular easier dungeons? Oh my god my entire reason for playing is unraveling!!! Good bye cruel world!!! No wait, what you said is just rediculous. phew.

- - - Updated - - -

And again I will state, if they feel it is important to kill the guards around the objective then they should add the guards to the objective so stealthed kitties and rogues cant objective bomb. Hello reality, how are you today?

You are funny, you think I need your respect. Lol.
    That reminds me of one of the better things about Warlords, the first expansion I haven't tabbed back in the game dead to fatigue because I tabbed out flying somewhere.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I feel your need for love Brandon. I'm here for you man. Come to the pro-flyer side. We are still here with open arms, despite your ability to create comments that continue to be filled with only vitriolic, negatively sarcastic ad hominem personal attacks.

I know you want to see the wings of that Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher open up and soar across the skies of Draenor. I'm here for you man. We can fly together like in a buddy movie when Blizzard finally gets convinced by it's #1 MMO-C forum troll that even he is tired of pointlessly being grounded for absolutely no good reason.

Much love, <3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Come to the pro-flyer side.
    What, all 4 of you?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    What, all 4 of you?
    I think there's more than 4 (I'm one too BTW).

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter which side is the majority or minority. We're all players, in wow, we're all equals, and we all have the same right to be satisfied.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, a good compromise would be to have 50% of the expansion with no flight at all, and then the latter 50% with flight. With the caveat that every single new zone added post-launch will never have flight, ever. Similar to how Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Timeless Isle, and Molten Front are still no-flight zones even today, years after their release.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    That reminds me of one of the better things about Warlords, the first expansion I haven't tabbed back in the game dead to fatigue because I tabbed out flying somewhere.
    Pure laziness on your part. I would be embarrassed to admit that. You could have always used a flight path if you planned to tab out or be afk. It's your lack of giving a shit that put you in those situations. Blaming it on flying mounts is like blaming a car for you getting in an accident while checking your cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I feel your need for love Brandon. I'm here for you man. Come to the pro-flyer side. We are still here with open arms, despite your ability to create comments that continue to be filled with only vitriolic, negatively sarcastic ad hominem personal attacks.

I know you want to see the wings of that Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher open up and soar across the skies of Draenor. I'm here for you man. We can fly together like in a buddy movie when Blizzard finally gets convinced by it's #1 MMO-C forum troll that even he is tired of pointlessly being grounded for absolutely no good reason.

Much love, <3.
    My posts are only responses to peoples already misguided ideas about the game. No-flying is fine. If you have such a problem with it that you are ready to quit then, guess what, you are ready to quit with or without flying.

Deleted
    2085 pages and people still argue lol.

i don't get it, you play your own game why care about how someone else plays it. this has turning into some stupid shit that "oh i hate world pvp on a pvp realm, a horde killed me while lvlling guess what it's what the game is about".

If you enjoy ground mounts stay fking to those.

if you don't fly.

so yeah fk blizzard for generalizing the ground mount part you could litterally call it sexist.

and yet i still don't get why people argue about. if you enjoy your ground fking stay grounded. some dont, i hate automatic stuff if i wanna travel i wanna travel myself

and nothing is worse than having to run around a fking mountain when you could just fly over it. fk it seriously it's dumb. waste of time and effort. I kick people if i ever start a pug if they dont move cuz cba all that summon shit blizzard just needs to fix their game in 6.2 it's just beyond pathetic by now, i got ah and bank in garrison now aswell.

all i need is a class trainer and a seal vendor then i couldn't care less about dreanor as i do not wish to do anything new content if it hasn't flying in it. so ye for me they are wasting time creating stuff i wont do anyway as long as i don't get my flying.

and if they still wont release it well. np i just got less thing to do then.

My posts are only responses to peoples already misguided ideas about the game. No-flying is fine. If you have such a problem with it that you are ready to quit then, guess what, you are ready to quit with or without flying.
    Why is it fine again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Why is it fine again?
    B/c there is hardly any reason to leave your Garrison anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    B/c there is hardly any reason to leave your Garrison anyway.
    That's like saying you don't have to eat because all they are serving is shit sandwiches. The fuck?! How about we start getting real food and letting us eat instead of allowing them to serve us shit and letting us starve?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That's like saying you don't have to eat because all they are serving is shit sandwiches. The fuck?! How about we start getting real food and letting us eat instead of allowing them to serve us shit and letting us starve?
    Stop yapping at me.

We have no control over what Blizzard does. You don't like it? You don't buy it. That's the only language they understand.
    As long as you are still subscribed, they think what they do is awesome.

Deleted
    This comment alone is hilarious, "everyone who disagrees with me is a lazy casual" said the 4k achievment hero.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop yapping at me.

We have no control over what Blizzard does. You don't like it? You don't buy it. That's the only language they understand.
    As long as you are still subscribed, they think what they do is awesome.
    I'm saying your reason to accept no flying is garbage. Because Blizzard failed to provide any decent world content that flying isn't needed? Who cares? Flying is fun. You don't NEED it, but at the same time you don't have to justify it's presence either. It's a QoL feature that shouldn't have gone away.

And I have been unsubbed for a year. I let Blizzard know I'm not down with their current design philosophies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I'm saying your reason to accept no flying is garbage.
    Your sarcrasm detector is obviously broken. There is a reason why I put an emoticon at the end of that sentence.
    Hint: I'm not one of those people that mindlessly spam these.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your sarcrasm detector is obviously broken. There is a reason why I put an emoticon at the end of that sentence.
    Hint: I'm not one of those people that mindlessly spam these.
    Yep, I'm not good at picking up sarcasm. My bad. That said, lot's of people have said and mean what you joked about. So to them it still stands.