Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink "The majority of the players would not like legacy servers"

Nice joke

http://i.imgur.com/jvRMmOi.jpg?1

never seen wow more alive than this in my life

inb4 banned & thread locked from nazi mods even tho i don't pass any rule and this is NOT troll/spam

just proving that the majority indeed would prefer legacy servers

The 7 million players who quit is definitely the majority

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Nice joke

inb4 banned & thread locked from nazi mods even tho i don't pass any rule and this is NOT troll/spam

doesn't look like 7 million people to me?

Deleted
    Yeah... sure... makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 banned & thread locked from nazi mods even tho i don't pass any rule
    /facepalm

Darwin award thread of the week.

Nice joke
    Thanks for the laugh. This joke made my day. ha ha ha

So, how much do you pay to access that server?

i agree that they should have a few servers dedicated to reliving wow from the beginning. it wont be for everyone but there are definitely enough people to justify it. I would level up a character or 2 if they had the servers but im too lazy to go play on nostalrius or whatever it's called, and it would be something fun to do with downtime where you want to play wow but don't have anything to do, which is most of what wow is these days.

if they took an official poll for everyone when they login to the game i'd be willing to bet that 20%+ would say they'd like it as an option and they would need at least 4-5 servers dedicated to it per region to hold everyone, and that's shooting low. they likely don't want to spend time or resources on an old version of the game or they want to keep their players focused on current content, but saying players don't want it is just a really bad excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are people on a free to play version of WoW? Clearly this is due to legacy and has nothing to do with it being free

These threads get locked due to it promoting an illegal version of the game, not because of some other tinfoil hat theory you cooked up to make yourself feel special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice joke

No, this is discussion of private servers, which isn't permitted either, you haven't read the rules enough to call the mods "nazi" etc.

And I for one, would love legacy servers for 1 day, maybe 2.. then go back. I doubt your little screenshot says much of the majority of the community overall. 100.000 players isn't majority, 200.000 either, sure not 5.000 players either. 7 Million players who quit is a majority number, but I bet only the minority of those numbers are on private servers after.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    damn thats alot of people in ironforge
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    there are people on a free to play version of WoW? Clearly this is due to legacy and has nothing to do with it being free

These threads get locked due to it promoting an illegal version of the game, not because of some other tinfoil hat theory you cooked up to make yourself feel special.
    I didn't advertise anything i just posted a screenshot you can jump to whatever conclusion you get from looking at it

and you do realize that WOW is free right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't advertise anything i just posted a screenshot you can jump to whatever conclusion you get from looking at it

Yes, from 1-20, it is free to play. Hosting your own WoW server is free as well, as long as you don't mention it, advertise it, promote deals for it, or alter it. Again, we aren't permitted to discuss private servers either.

Your screenshot proves nothing, though. I can find one, just like that one but from live.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, from 1-20, it is free to play. Hosting your own WoW server is free as well, as long as you don't mention it, advertise it, promote deals for it, or alter it. Again, we aren't permitted to discuss private servers either.

Your screenshot proves nothing, though. I can find one, just like that one but from live.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

please show me where it says i cant post a world of warcraft screenshot

and then show me where i said its a screenshot from private server or advertised it as such

AFAIK, you have to purchase the game before you can buy game time tokens, so it's not really free. It's more like free tutorial until lvl 20.

That being said, i'd gladly renew my sub if there was a classic server or two. I'd prefer the official servers over any private servers any day. Oh well, 10 more days and the journey begins once again.

On one of the most populated servers atm there is between 6500-7500 people active all the time. I was trying to do steelsnap, spent a good 2 hours looking for him because it was so many people there lol.

Deleted
    Just because the majority of players on a small private server is hanging out in Ionforge (which really doesnt look like many), stop talking about the goddamn legacy servers, like you know what everybody wants! I dont want it. Nobody i have ever been in guild with, has wanted it. Your argument is shit, and you should feel bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

please show me where it says i cant post a world of warcraft screenshot

and then show me where i said its a screenshot from private server or advertised it as such
    So either you posted a picture from several years ago, making it so that your claim of legacy being desirable based on an activity snapshot what barely proves anything honestly to be incorrect.

Or you think being intentionally thick does others not make it see it as a picture from private servers.

Which one is it?

So the millions of people that quit in an expansion where there's nothing to do are all rushing to servers where absolutely no new content is ever going to be added? Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    doesn't look like 7 million people to me?
    5.6m*

But your argument doesn't make sense because not a single server of wow have 5.6 million people. But a single private server has more people than our current live servers. We all know there isn't just one private server either and several people who would participate in vanilla wow wouldn't participate on a private server for several very good reasons.

a majority wants people to not have fun