Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    "Your spells can punch holes in walls of time and space, opening beneficial portals"
    We are officially the strongest in the universe.
    We did get the strongest artifact of all available by lore. Seen Outland? That's result of Nerzhul opening beneficial portals.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    "Your spells can punch holes in walls of time and space, opening beneficial portals"
    We are officially the strongest in the universe.
    That. I want that. I have no idea what it will do, but I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We did get the strongest artifact of all available by lore. Seen Outland? That's result of Nerzhul opening beneficial portals.
    Don't make me get my boomstick!

I think Blizzard just liked the description. Much like the Legendary ring, I don't think they have any idea of what it's actually going to do.

Yet.

...Of course the ones I'm looking for aren't available yet.

Though I have to ask, how's Blizzard going to handle all these ability buffs and changes once the next expansion moves in? It's going to be a hard sell getting everyone to accept being 'brought down to normal' for the next expansion.
    Last edited by warzerotwo; 2015-11-28 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    Though I have to ask, how's Blizzard going to handle all these ability buffs and changes once the next expansion moves in? It's going to be a hard sell getting everyone to accept being 'brought down to normal' for the next expansion.
    They've been asked that several times already, and allowing for their usual aversion to making promises about the future the answer seems to be ...they haven't decided yet.

Which, really, makes sense. The artifacts are a major experiment with few precedents. The Devs want to see how well the experiment turns out before they decide if they should extend it into the next expansion or write it off and revert to the previous model. If most players fall in love with their artifacts, I expect we'll get to keep using them. If it turns into a fiasco like No Flight Draenor was, they'll want to reverse course.

I expect they'll be keeping their options open well into Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    They've been asked that several times already, and allowing for their usual aversion to making promises about the future the answer seems to be ...they haven't decided yet.

Which, really, makes sense. The artifacts are a major experiment with few precedents. The Devs want to see how well the experiment turns out before they decide if they should extend it into the next expansion or write it off and revert to the previous model. If most players fall in love with their artifacts, I expect we'll get to keep using them. If it turns into a fiasco like No Flight Draenor was, they'll want to reverse course.

I expect they'll be keeping their options open well into Legion.
    Players won't universally "love" them, just some minority or majority perhaps which the other side will always dismiss as being untrue.
    If the apparent majority like them, then the minority will say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it may be more like Lord Jaraxxus' spell where he was opening portals.

Deleted
    Scepter is an awesome gift to destro, but I still feel I'm going to have to go affliction just for the unique gameplay, Destro as it is now is rather boring and it doesn't look like there will be much change, in fact with the removal of charred remains, it just means our ramp up time will be even longer.

The ONLY thing I was hoping for from the scepter was the ability to cast incinerate while moving again as in MoP. It may have been OP in that particular incarnation, but it's almost universally accepted that it was the most fun destro has been since wrath.

And come on, this scepter could destroy an entire planet, open portals to different dimensions... but it doesn't have the power to allow us to throw a flame while moving?

Yet fire mages (our supposed less powerful, more conservative counterparts) have been able to do this for 3 expansions now.
    Last edited by mmocc9dab80ef2; 2015-11-29 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    I'm hoping Destro gets some on-the-move healing back during Beta. Especially with Rogues having a heal on a low CD, while Healthstone is still a piece of crap. There is also still no really reliable kiting spell in Destro, or instant nukes like we had in Cataclysm. And Demonic Gateway should just die a quick death. Biggest issue I see that we are again extremly low mobility and need a healer to do jack shit in PvP, while the melee just roflcopter around you when you play solo.

Right now as it stands, it looks like I'll play Destro or Demo for some Dungeons, but mostly focus on my Demon Hunter and Mage for PvP. Maybe toss in some Hunter somewhere to try out MM/SV. Maybe some Rogue as well.

Raids are kinda dead to me outside of cosmetics.
    Except that talent that turns Conflagrate into a smaller version of your CB, and being able to use Shadowburn at any %.
    Not to mention that you will be able to get a 0.6 - 0.7 sec CB during Backdraft if you spec properly.

Deleted
    Trying to see how many ticks current soul reap does but cant wrap my head against it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Trying to see how many ticks current soul reap does but cant wrap my head against it yet.
    What do you mean ? it says on the tooltip its every 5s for 42 secs, then a simple calculator does the rest if you want the easy way out

42/5= 8.4 ticks, exact ticks need to be considered after haste values but not getting into that tbh.

Why would you want to know how many ticks soul reap does anyways ?

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    What do you mean ? it says on the tooltip its every 5s for 42 secs, then a simple calculator does the rest if you want the easy way out

42/5= 8.4 ticks, exact ticks need to be considered after haste values but not getting into that tbh.
    Uh, the tooltip also says that it increases in tick frequency by 6.66% every time it ticks. I suppose you could just math from there, but how exactly the number compounds with itself and other modifiers can only be assumed until we can actually cast it ourselves.

Deleted
    based on napkin math its going to be around 12-13 ticks but that is assuming it scales in the way that ive calculated and not in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Uh, the tooltip also says that it increases in tick frequency by 6.66% every time it ticks. I suppose you could just math from there, but how exactly the number compounds with itself and other modifiers can only be assumed until we can actually cast it ourselves.
    Oh true, I must have misread the tooltip and thought it was just a 6.66 % damage increase every tick.

Warlocks definitely look like one of the better designed when it comes to Artifact trees, imo.

Whether Affliction works well in practice remains to be seen. May prove difficult to continuously reap all of these little "soul" mobs that spawn from your scythe while keeping up with mythic boss mechanics... But if it is manageable, this is a significant step forward for class design. This essentially adds an new and unique mini-game to the rotation and could be a very cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Warlocks definitely look like one of the better designed when it comes to Artifact trees, imo.

Whether Affliction works well in practice remains to be seen. May prove difficult to continuously reap all of these little "soul" mobs that spawn from your scythe while keeping up with mythic boss mechanics... But if it is manageable, this is a significant step forward for class design. This essentially adds an new and unique mini-game to the rotation and could be a very cool idea.
    Depending on their health you're probably just casting UA on them to generate the shard back and generate mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Depending on their health you're probably just casting UA on them to generate the shard back and generate mana.
    I was imagining agony for the extra chance at shards for main target + instant cast.

first talent choice is hard, i guess agony on multi target but if its scaling is stupid it wil be used on single and drain soul looks like it hits hard from the formula

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I think that entire reaping souls mechanic( the passive ) got cut out with the latest patch, unless I missed it, would be sad if it was removed though.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I think that entire reaping souls mechanic( the passive ) got cut out with the latest patch, unless I missed it, would be sad if it was removed though.
    No, it's not gone. It just got moved from a passive trait at the start of the artifact tree to an equip effect on the weapon itself, which seems to be an across the board design change.