Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2: Paradise)

More http://twitter.com/PrometheusFilms
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/

There will be 3 prequels made it seems, I was hoping for more Engineer lore, seems there will be at least one Engineer character, but...the beast is back...and Alien 5 has been pushed away to make room...

Seems David will play a key role and Shaw, well, she might not even be in it n appear in a later movie, the 2nd or 3rd?

There is a new crew, I assume David sends a broadcast back to Weyland Yutani company, he will continue his 'work'
    Apparently there will be multiple David robots, same actor for each one

The new lead role i read will be Katherine Waterston, never heard of her..

the beast is back
    http://www.scified.com/prometheusmov...s-ridley-scott
    It appears the Alien: Covenant re-writes have put more of an emphasis on the Xenomorph than we had initially thought! In a new interview with The Wrap, director Ridley Scott has revealed that his Prometheus sequel will in fact feature all three stages of the Alien's evolutionary life cycle. More so, Alien: Covenant will explain how the Alien was created and for what purpose. Below is an excerpt from the interview where Scott specifically mentions his plans for Alien: Covenant and the re-introduction of the Xenomorph:

The Wrap: Your next film is a sequel to “Prometheus.”

Ridley Scott: Yeah. Well, really it’s “Alien.” They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.

There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

The Wrap: When you were making the first “Alien,” did you think there was more to explore with that creature?

Ridley Scott: Yeah, definitely. I knew we had done something special. I mean, I knew it as soon as I met with [painter, illustrator and creature designer] H.R. Giger. He was an artist in every sense of the word, but very businesslike. There was no rock ‘n’ roll — well, there was quietly, but he never brought it to the set. And I knew I had something special with this creature that he designed. Without that creature, the film wouldn’t have been the same.

This all essentially goes against what Scott initially said months ago when discussing the sequel, stating that he felt the beast (the Alien) was "cooked" and over-used. It appears now, following a script revision by John Logan, the emphasis has switched and Scott now seems to be focused once again on the beast he helped create back in 1979.

Whether by inspiration from Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concepts or an executive decision at 20th Century Fox, it seems the expansion of the Prometheus lore will be taking a backseat for this one and instead playing into every Alien fan's wet dream. Hopefully, Scott stays on course and delivers as many questions as answers, so we continue to have momentum going forward with the next 3 sequels he has lined up.

Another actor will be Conan Stevens, "The Mountain that rides" from 1st season of Game of Thrones, he will play an Engineer

Synopsis
    Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-05-05 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Shame, i'd rather see Blomkamps Alien 5 than another Prometheus.

The fact that they want it to be a trilogy is a turn off to me, it'll end up being the same as Prometheus, it won't answer any question, just ask more, and then in the last one we'll get some hamfisted explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Shame, i'd rather see Blomkamps Alien 5 than another Prometheus.

The fact that they want it to be a trilogy is a turn off to me, it'll end up being the same as Prometheus, it won't answer any question, just ask more, and then in the last one we'll get some hamfisted explanation.
    Yes, well...there to be some cool scenes no doubt..as for Alien 5, what are they going to do they haven't done before? And how many times is Ripley going to hang around?? That's like doing 5 Predator movies with Arnie...the Predator franchise doesn't need some specific human, just the beast...I wish Alien franchise was the same...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Yes, well...there to be some cool scenes no doubt..as for Alien 5, what are they going to do they haven't done before? And how many times is Ripley going to hang around?? That's like doing 5 Predator movies with Arnie...the Predator franchise doesn't need some specific human, just the beast...I wish Alien franchise was the same...
    It was less about the actors and more letting Blomkamp have a crack at it, I think most of his works rock solid.

Deleted
    consider me excited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It was less about the actors and more letting Blomkamp have a crack at it, I think most of his works rock solid.
    What was going to happen in Alien 5 storywise??

Deleted
    What was going to happen in Alien 5 storywise??
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4462546/

Is going to. Or is there new information stating that the project has been cancelled?

Personally, Ridley Scott seems to be so incredibly detached from the world, from his fans, from the Alien franchise and it's lore, that I seriously just can't get on board of this Prometheus hype train. Scott basically took what Alien fans have loved for years, in the Alien movies, in the Alien vs Predator -world, be it the games or the movies, in the comic books, and so on, and took a big shit on all of it. Yeah OK Scott, it's "your story", that you basically plagiarized yourself from someone else's story (van Vogt's Black Destroyer), so go ahead and do with it whatever you want. However, there's a huge fanbase for the original Alien franchise.

Then again, Scott is producing Alien 5, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all goes.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-12-22 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    In a May 2015 interview, Bill Paxton expressed interest in reprising his role as Pvt. Hudson from Aliens (1986).
    "Maybe we demoralized them"

"Maybe we demoralized them"
    How can that be? He got his ass kicked on his last bug hunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've actually been excited to see the second one. I really wanna see her go to their home planet, but it sounds like that may not be the actual plot now?
    Maybe she goes off to some seperate quest-line (i play too much wow) and we won't see her until a later expansion (movie). Next movie I suppose David starts to use Engineer technology since he learns at least how to fly their space ships n how to navigate. So, he could fix his broken body and even improve himself maybe,

then maybe he continues to experiment on humans like he did in 1st movie (by puting black goo in the champagne)...so he needs a bunch of human test subjects, makes a broadcast to Weyland Yutani, they agree to send a bunch of dopes his way...they have no fore-warning what they are getting themselves into.

In the 1st movie it took, what, two years to travel from earth to Engineer laboratory-planet? So the next crew aboard ship Covenant could take some time to get to location, giving David time to try fix himself n explore on Engineer Paradise-planet n Shaw goes off in a separate direction on the planet, they looking for different things. David maybe doesn't inform Shaw about the Covenant ship, or at least give full explanation. He could experiment on Shaw, but that's just one person, one chance, makes sense he needs an entire crew of...test subjects..

I doubt the engineer who will be in the movie will take kindly to David, considering how the last one reacted as soon as it understood David isn't a living creature..I think the Engineers are a religious cult, fanatic zealots who play with bio-engineering..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-12-23 at 03:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm definately going to check this movie out. I really liked Prometheus, and more engineer lore sounds neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for this. I really enjoyed Prometheus, there is a whole lot of backstory and mystery left to the imagination that I can't way to see fleshed out.

It sounds to me that David sends his upload to another copy of himself and so his head will still be with Shaw. Makes me wonder if he is going to be transmitting stuff she is doing to his other self and thus being able to do whatever research he is doing. Basically being in multiple places at once and this new crew he is with(haha okay well not all of them obviously...people gotta die after-all) will find Shaw in the 2nd or 3rd movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    more engineer lore sounds neat.
    Yeah... Except... Chances are, it's not going to be "engineer lore" in that it's compatible with the Alien franchise. I mean, Scott already changed the Aliens into some weird slimy slug superweapon, made a completely different-looking chestburster and drone, removing something that was one of the best parts of the Alien franchise, which is H.R. Giger, from the equation.

I know there's been all this talk about how the xenomorphs from Alien and Aliens were that way because they had evolved, and there was a reason why the ship crashed on LV-426 was carrying xenomorph eggs and not the superweapon containers which had the worms in Prometheus, but then when you listen to Scott in interviews, what's been apparent to me at least is that he doesn't give two shits about established lore, and he just wanted to remake everything into a new "vision" of his. What I've always gotten from his interviews is that he's extremely arrogant, doesn't care about the fanbase, and does whatever the hell he wants.

Now... Prometheus 2 was originally meant to be called "Prometheus: Paradise Lost", then it became "Alien: Paradise Lost", then there was something about the name "Paradise Lost" that I can't source right now, but now it's "Alien: Covenant", and of course that's a good sign, kind of... That he is actually using the title of Alien again.

Whether he can actually bring this shit back into the actual Alien universe, even though before Prometheus came out he was all over the place with his explanations about how it's not Alien and whatever, even though it's got the same damn ships and same engineers and same xenomorph basic concept, we'll just have to wait and see.

I do hope he has listened to fans, and does try to reconcile this silly move away from the Alien franchise into this "Prometheus" -BS.

I'd just like to say that I did, absolutely, love Prometheus, as a movie. However, being a huge Alien fan, it's just a bit of a source of frustration that the creator would diverge from the original, amazing lore and stuff so much, just on a whim.

Deleted
    Alien and Aliens are one of my all time favorite movies, no matter what movie they make when it takes place in this universe i will go out and see it.

Deleted
    I have been thinking about those engineers, they are pearly white, I suppose they can live for millions of years, spending most of their lives asleep dreaming and only being awake when they need to direct the ecology of some planet (they had a vast star map). A race that spends their lives sleeping..prolonging their lives by not being awake for long times..maybe they are awake 2-3 days, and then go to sleep, wake up 300 000 years later, are awake another 2-3 days, then go back t sleep again, they can practically "live" forever, but are in some sleep and when they wake up they are pretty grumpy n stuff...he didn't like David, instead of just saying so n why, at least trying to order the humans around, he just rips David's head off n skull-fucks Weyland to death....
    ..but then again, it was pretty rude of Weyland waving his finger around, making uber demands, he could at least offered the engineer some tea first!
    Diplomacy fail.

The story behind the xenomorphs, theory according to some is that it's a bio-weapon made to fight some alien not-yet-seen civilization, I wonder if those Ctulhu-esque masks are really of those other Aliens, that they aren't just that way as suits but to symbolize the Engineer's victory/conquests over those Cthulhu dudes...Engineers seem pretty big on ego, making giant stone heads n murals of themselves dominating...I suppose the black goo is a weaponized stuff they maybe stole from the Cthulhus, that would play into the Prometheus mythos, stealing fire from teh gods n then get punished for it (xenomorphs end up killing all engineers except one on the engineer testlab-planet..

Or maybe the black goo is weaponized from the Cthulhu bodies to give them a virus but understanding its qualities they continued to alter it until we have what we seen in Alien.

I suppose the 'Paradise' is in the Engineer dream-world and the waking world is the hell they are trying to alter? So when Shaw comes to 'Paradise'-planet, it's just another planet and she wants to learn about its culture, so she goes off n won't appear until a later movie..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-12-23 at 05:02 AM.

I'm excited but expecting the worse.

Prometheus was a pile of shit that shouldn't of even touched on xenomorph history. It felt so phoned in. I'd prefer them just leave the xenomorphs unexplained at this point.

Deleted
    Well, the synopsis is about David...so she could go off adventuring on Paradise-Planet n come back in the movie that comes after?? Or she won't return at all? How can you replace her??

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/ente...Alien-Covenant

Ridley Scott: Noomi Rapace won't be in Alien: Covenant
    29th Jan 16 | Entertainment News

Ridley Scott has revealed Noomi Rapace won't reprise her role as scientist Elizabeth Shaw in 'Prometheus' sequel 'Alien: Covenant'.

The 36-year-old actress played scientist Elizabeth Shaw in 2012's 'Prometheus' - which also starred Idris Elba, Charlize Theron and Guy Pearce - and although her character was the only human being to survive the doomed intergalactic expedition, the film's director has ruled out a return for Shaw.

When asked whether the Swedish beauty would reprise her role, Ridley declared ''no'' and added to the Daily Mail newspaper: ''We're still casting the main roles.''

Ridley has revealed that much of the sci-fi film's structure and plot - another prequel to his 1979 space horror classic 'Alien' - is laid out on ''very detailed storyboards''.

The 78-year-old British filmmaker is adamant he can make 'Covenant' a big hit because he's ''always'' enjoyed great success at the box office.

Speaking to The Guardian newspaper, the acclaimed director - whose other credits include 'The Martian', 'Blade Runner', for which he is working on a sequel, and 'Gladiator' - said: ''You prove how reliable you are. Which I am, I always have been - it's part of my thing ... You want big films and stories to keep people going to the cinema. It's up to us to keep the bar raised. That's the trick. I've always done that.

He continued: ''It is brain surgery! It is bloody brain surgery! You're putting together a whole group of people, you're trying to budget as accurately as you can and, at the end of it, you've got to sell a lot of tickets. That's more complex than banking - but a few of us manage to pull it off.''

'Alien: Covenant' is slated for release in 2017.

Deleted
    Alien 1: a random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 2: many random space mosters eat many idiots.
    Alien 3: one random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 4: many random space monsters eat many random idiots.
    Alien 5: how did it come to the fact that a random space monster ate some random idiots.
    Alien 26: All out galactic war between space monsters and idiots.
    Alien 30: The galactic war now involves Old Gods and the very Universe is at stake.
    Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-01-30 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Alien 1: a random space monster eats random idiots.
    Guess you never saw any alien movie.
    Xenomorphs dont eat humans.