Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Yeah UE4 is indeed amazing, but I don't want a realistic wow ever.
    If anything they can make it like their CGI cutscenes:

So you can keep the WoW-style even with top graphics. It looks semi-realistic with comic-proportions but natural looking surfaces.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-02-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    I've been thinking about that. It would be cool if they made agame where over time you just download chapters along with the world. First chapter could just be playing through the first starting zones of each race As a guard or something and over time it ramps up. I'd play that game.
    However knowing blizzard they'd charge 60$ then 30 on each chapter afterwards..
    From what have you gathered that is "Knowing Blizzard"? They've never done anything like that so it would be very unusual for them to start now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    looks good.
    but the farm in westfall and goldshire are a big no-go.
    and tbh, its not even wow anymore.
    I think it's more the textures than the modelling tbh. The textures look like they'd be in the WC3 cinematics rather than in a game from 2016. One or 2 minor inconsistencies in Goldshire (was it necessary to remove the formal foyer from Lion's Pride Inn?). The color palette is definitely Warcraft, and after playing Skyrim and other Bethesda games (which really deliver on the cartoonish-real style like in Blizzard's games in a more modern way) an MMO-RPG with this kind of feel and a well executed PvE endgame would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Yeah UE4 is indeed amazing, but I don't want a realistic wow ever.
    The thing is that they can make it in the cartoonish-real style they have always done. That style is achieved via color palette, character style, and textures. I've noticed more and more studios are going this route to make their games age better. The new DOOM game from Bethesda is a great example of this (and most of Bethesda's work is tbh)

Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-02-15 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Unreal 4 is already old.
    You do know that the Unreal Engines are constantly updated and upgraded. When a new DirectX version is released or announced they usually implement these features and add a number to their engine.

Unreal Engine is also way ahead of what you see in games with features that are not used in commercial games since they cost too much render power now, but are used in presentations and advertising. They also can scale down the engine to very weak machines. They even optimize for Smartphones.

Check the Patchnotes for Unreal Engine 4 patch 10:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest..._10/index.html

The reason many devs don't use Unreal Engine 4 is their model. You have to pay 5% of your profit to them. Many companys prefer to build a crappy own engine or a licence a cheaper one instead (with the ugly results). They usually tell you, that the reason for that is that they know the code better that way. Yeah right... like Blizzard knows their code so well they can't even change the size of the basic bag slot anymore
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-02-14 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    So on on side you must have outdated and low end quality graphics to keep that mysterious WoW comic style and keep WoW being WoW.

But on the other side Blizzards high end WoW CGI trailer are the best looking and amazing game trailer ever.

Which is it?

Crazy, now make the whole game run on that engine.

WTB WoW 2.0
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I would have been interesting more if it would have maintained the Aesthetics of WoW, not making it look like generic MMO number 20.

There are ways to merge the technological power of UE4, with the aesthetic of WoW.

Not that it isn't impressive from a technological standpoint, but this isn't that way.

It looks good but kinda lost the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    So on on side you must have outdated and low end quality graphics to keep that mysterious WoW comic style and keep WoW being WoW.
    No, you must not have outdated low quality graphics. You just have that comic style similar to Marvel Comics.

This is how a warcraft orcs could look like and still look like warcraft orcs.

Or other creatures:
    https://i.imgur.com/QYf9OYX.webm

Warcraft has a distinct style based on comic proportions, lighting and design that works very well in high definition with lots of details. Every CGI cutscene and the upcoming movie shows that.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-02-14 at 07:35 PM. Reason: better link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post

But on the other side Blizzards high end WoW CGI trailer are the best looking and amazing game trailer ever.

Which is it?
    Neither. People are just really resistant to change. I think that this rendering does an extremely above average job of capturing WoW's cartoon style while bringing the graphics up to 2016 standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    There are ways to merge the technological power of UE4, with the aesthetic of WoW.

Not that it isn't impressive from a technological standpoint, but this isn't that way.
    What would you suggest then? What don't you like about these renderings?

Deleted
    If the textures were HD it would look good, the only thing you can really see is that this engine has a "better" feel for lighting effects.

Not WoW anymore. I don't like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Neither. People are just really resistant to change. I think that this rendering does an extremely above average job of capturing WoW's cartoon style while bringing the graphics up to 2016 standards.

What would you suggest then? What don't you like about these renderings?
    Despite using a different engine, it looks like a game made in 2005. This isn't the creators fault as the textures aren't that easy to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Despite using a different engine, it looks like a game made in 2005. This isn't the creators fault as the textures aren't that easy to come by.
    Right. That's what I said in a previous comment too. This actually looks like a WC3 cinematic with the textures, but in the hands of the WoW devs I can definitely see how they could make some amazing textures for this. The palette is right, the style is right, but the models are much better.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-02-15 at 12:55 AM.

Looks good but there's more advanced engines out now than UE 4.... besides that I get a kick out (the video with zones of wow re-done isn't new...its been around, perhaps the OP is saying THIS one is recent...but its been around before) people that go "see one guy can re-do wow to look so much better and blizzard can't make wow look better?"...

You people do realize there's a universe of difference between taking some random areas of a game and re-modelling them for looks alone and building an entire game at that same fidelity right?

The difference is night and day.

And the current engine looks ok, too.

The lighting is a bit flat - if they changed that, it would look much vibrant.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about this?

Blizzard should do this. There are already a lot of superior mmorpgs out there like blade & soul and black desert and Blizzard is lagging behind with their old unmodern game.

The sooner they fix the graphics and switch to action combat the better.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of blizzard's main policies in accessibility. No matter how better the graphics are, blizzard won't take on an engine that can be a potential threat to this accessibility. Many people run WoW on wood computers, adding this engine would exclude them from the game.