Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I wasn't charlie, I wasn't Paris and I won't be Ankara.
    I also did not do the stupid water bucket challenge or planking on some highway because its "facebook cool".
    You're in luck, showing how edgy you are by refusing to do things that are "facebook cool" is really in right now.

On topic: Yeah, there is a bit of a double-standard. I think there are a number of reasons: cultural affinity, geography, and perceived typical levels of violence would be among them.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

15+ Year Old Account
    I stand with the people of Turkey against violence and terrorist attacks, absolutely. Je Suis Ankara.

They had little or no involvement in the actions of their government regarding the Kurds or Syria, and it's wrong to blame them for either as a result.

With that said - it's obviously deceptive political maneuvering by the Turkish politicians in Ankara to equate this: when they play an active role in instigating violence between Turkey / Kurds, and Turkey / Syrian rebel factions. Paris is being targeted because it's idyllic, it represents what the terrorists lack, but Ankara is being targeted because it's meant to frighten Turkey's politicians. It's like the difference between an attack on New York versus an attack on Washington, DC - the same could be said for Istanbul versus Ankara.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Yes, when one group of terrorists start attacking other terrorists suddenly they become good guys. You guys are hilarious. The Kurds Turkey are bombing are terrorist shitscum just as much as ISIS is. Don't think for a second that those Kurdish terrorists fighting ISIS do it because "it's the good thing to do" or because they care about Westerners. It's because they are left no other choice and want to cover their own asses. ISIS has been around for a longer time and before them there were other radicals in that area, and Kurds didn't do shit about it since they didn't have to. Also, those "heroic" Peshmerga fighters actually get trained by Turkey who is supposedly best buddies with the guys they are fighting if we were to believe Western media. Makes total sense right?
    You know, Now that my name found its way into your mouth and you decided to spew shit everywhere I want to know why there are Turkish troops still in Cyprus? Care to explain? and You've got me thinking, I probably should find out more about these Kurds and why you continue to attack them, maybe they hate ISIS and since it appears that your government is helping them they see you as the fucking enemy, but that might be wrong so I'll have to look into that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Someone should really tell their president.
    Tukey is literally the OG Middle East. The Greeks and Romans called it Asia Minor for a reason.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

OP let me ask you:

Would you (yes YOU specifically) be "we are Israel" with the almost 1000 terror attacks that killed more people than the bombing in Turkey?
    Because if you wouldn't then aren't you a double stand hypocrite?

The answer is quite simple: people console the people they like. Liking Israel in Europe right now is quite a taboo so I can understand why no one would console us, and here is the ugly truth:

No one likes Turks either. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    OP let me ask you:

Would you (yes YOU specifically) be "we are Israel" with the almost 1000 terror attacks that killed more people than the bombing in Turkey?

The answer is quite simple: people console the people they like. Liking Israel in Europe right now is quite a taboo so I can understand why no one would console us, and here is the ugly truth:

Yeah its a shame how many Palestinians have been killed.

Deleted
    OP let me ask you:

It's not taboo, just because people don't automatically side with Israel doesnt mean people hate the people of Israel. Your government has committed war crimes against Palestine. The whole zionist government thing. You're making it really hard for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah its a shame how many Palestinians have been killed.
    Well france killed the 8 terrorists from the paris attack, I guess its also a "shame" isn't it? Or if a terrorist with knife/rifle attacks a french guy then its ok to kill him but if he attacks Jews then they should just die like they are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Did the Turkish people come out in droves to support France?
    Doubtful. From Wikipedia about "Je suis Charlie": President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan stated that the cartoons had nothing to do with freedom of expression, but rather with "terrorising the freedom of others."

And I can't remember hearing "Je suis Paris" before; it didn't have the impact of "Je suis Charlie".

Quote Originally Posted by En dum en View Post
    It's not taboo, just because people don't automatically side with Israel doesnt mean people hate the people of Israel. Your government has committed war crimes against Palestine. The whole zionist government thing. You're making it really hard for yourself.
    I know - Jews living is hard for the world and its FINE, Im ok with it, really. I just explained the OP why people won't side with turks, nothing more.

Deleted
    I know - Jews living is hard for the world and its FINE, Im ok with it, really. I just explained the OP why people won't side with turks, nothing more.
    Mate. What happened to jews 60 years ago was horrible, everyone side with you in that regard. It doesnt and wont make everyone turn a blind eye to what you're doing to Palestine, and if you think you can get away with it because you once were victims you're very wrong.

Mate. What happened to jews 60 years ago was horrible, everyone side with you in that regard. It doesnt and wont make everyone turn a blind eye to what you're doing to Palestine, and if you think you can get away with it because you once were victims you're very wrong.
    I was talking on CURRENT attitude. You are my example - you said that its a shame so many palestinians died but "forgot" to mention they were all helding a knife/rifle and were in a middle of a terror attack where they managed to kill/wound Jews.

Deleted
    I was talking on CURRENT attitude. You are my example - you said that its a shame so many palestinians died but "forgot" to mention they were all helding a knife/rifle and were in a middle of a terror attack where they managed to kill/wound Jews.
    They're completely outmatched by the US-backed Israel army. There's no need for the excessive violence Israel use, and your gov committ war crimes against the Palestinians, they're also in the wrong. You can be the sensible ones, but you've showed you will do the complete opposite and even kill children playing.

They're completely outmatched by the US-backed Israel army. There's no need for the excessive violence Israel use, and your gov committ war crimes against the Palestinians, they're also in the wrong. You can be the sensible ones, but you've showed you will do the complete opposite and even kill children playing.
    Well and Canada is killing their Muslim population by gassing them. Really. How do I know that? I heard it over the news and few movements said it - no way they were lying, why would they lie on such easy refutable thing?? (I never been there but they must be right).

EDIT: \s off. I guess few didn't get it was sarcasm.

My point is - if you really want to know a bit more -feel free to PM me. This is a bit off topic to this.
    Last edited by Holas; 2016-03-14 at 09:54 PM.

Je Suis Charlie.
    Je Ne Suis Pas Ankara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Not sure why people are trolling and derailing the thread. Whether it's in the Middle East, Asia or Europe, guess what? It ain't a warzone.
    Love how you change the focus once you are proved wrong

Not as much attention is brought to it as there was with the Paris attacks, because Turkey is 98% Muslim. If Turkey was 98% Christian there would be shit all over CNN and Facebook. People just associate suicide bombings with Muslims, so when one happens in a Muslim country, no one thinks anything of it.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Well and Canada is killing their Muslim population by gassing them. Really. How do I know that? I heard it over the news and few movements said it - no way they were lying, why would they lie on such easy refutable thing?? (I never been there but they must be right).
    Do you have a link to a source?

Anyone remember this? Turkey certainly wasn't "Paris" then.

Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Imagine a state where 98 % would be christian, holy shit. I doubt any western state could relate to such religious loonies.
    Romania has a population of 18 million, and is 98% Christian. Greece has a population of 11 million, and is 97% Christian. There's actually a lot of countries with a Christians making up 90% or more of the total religions in the country, and that have high populations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."