15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles*
    Yeah I'd never spend 15mil on a stat stick that gets outdated every other patch. Esp not if it is as ugly as the current WHM relic. >.<
    Took me no Gil to make mine and I'm all ready for the latest model to come out. If it's anything like ARR relic it will be very relevant later in the expansion. I made my own HQ mats and traded for ones I couldn't make. Even then 15m was like first day prices that people were freaking out over. In reality it's 2-4m depending on server.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Does anyone know if Ixal are giving rank IV craft/gather materia?
    No, they do not sadly.
    I wouldn't have minded if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well back in the day they got FFXI exempt from the Xbox live sub requirements and apparently microsoft wasnt too happy about it and that was part of the reason XIV never came to the 360 or xbone to begin with. It would be good to see it since anyone i know who owns one but no gaming pc or PS4 has lamenting not playing it as their bone gathers dust and they go "muh forza tho" but the balls in MS's court and they are busy right now with that cringe worthy "we win10 fam" down with the kids marketing exercise to try and salvage their xbox one titles as windows 10 exclusives so i wouldn't expect devs for a good while unless SE has been approaching them for a while independently.
    Yeah... I don't know, Warframe requires XBL Gold to play with others and that's a f2p game. Unless they changed their mind it's not going to attract as many customers as it can.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Depends on how it works. I believe in PS4 all PSN does is log in and then you get redirected to server afterwards. Question more likely is are they dumb enough to have to have you have xbox live gold thing to play.
    PS4 doesn't require a PS+ for FFXIV or f2p like Warframe but apparently for Warframe you need gold in order to play with others.
    OK ... according to Reddit, MS just did a 180 (like with the always-online-DRM BS) and will be allowing PC and PS to connect with Xbones.

Looks like MS is getting pretty desperate, to abandon their attempt at vendor lock-in with the Xbox Live network - which the cynic in me feels is the primary purpose of its existence since the first Xbox; "Facebook"-style lock-in for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what happens when you transition from the $15 a month sub to the $13 a month sub in this game.

Your other characters get locked out? Do you get to choose which character will stay?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    OK ... according to Reddit, MS just did a 180 (like with the always-online-DRM BS) and will be allowing PC and PS to connect with Xbones.

Looks like MS is getting pretty desperate, to abandon their attempt at vendor lock-in with the Xbox Live network - which the cynic in me feels is the primary purpose of its existence since the first Xbox; "Facebook"-style lock-in for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what happens when you transition from the $15 a month sub to the $13 a month sub in this game.

Your other characters get locked out? Do you get to choose which character will stay?
    The first character on a server is deemed your 'main' and thus will be the only character you can log into on that server.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The first character on a server is deemed your 'main' and thus will be the only character you can log into on that server.
    Can you change the main?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Can you change the main?
    only by deleting I've found. No other way.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    only by deleting I've found. No other way.
    : /

Thanks for info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you change the main?
    Unfortunately, no, as far as I know its always the first character on the server list that's your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/lett...x-updates-gdc/

Cross-Network Play
    First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

Microsoft has finally bowed to the inevitable. I wonder if SE is still interested in bringing FFXIV to the Xbox One?
    Still seems iffy tho, especially the bolded part
    It means that there need to be ff14 servers that are solely for Xb1 players? for the game to be even added to the xbox live platform?
    or am I reading it wrong?

Basically how I read it is like this:
    You disable the option Play only with Xbox players. Your game list shows FF14 as playable
    You enable the option play with Xbox players only (tirning it on) Your game list changes and doesn't show FF14 as playable (because FF14 only has cross platform servers)
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-03-15 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    What? I dont even...
    Just checked, prices for IV materia range from 10K to 35K on my server.

@Batman: Prices for Relic craft stuff lie between 200K and 250K a pop. So 3-4 mil sounds about right.

That fucking... egg...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On second thought, MS is being kind of vague about this. Going to need someone in the know to fill us in on exactly what they have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Basically how I read it is like this:
    You disable the option Play only with Xbox players. Your game list shows FF14 as playable
    You enable the option play with Xbox players only (tirning it on) Your game list changes and doesn't show FF14 as playable (because FF14 only has cross platform servers)
    Why would you turn on play only with Xbone players?

I am going to beat the advanced eggsaminer until he's a smear on one of those spriggan panels...

: /

Thanks for info.
    A way around this, if you can afford it and know you'll keep playing, it to pay the 6 months at a time. It comes out to the same price as the 1 character month-to-month option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    A way around this, if you can afford it and know you'll keep playing, it to pay the 6 months at a time. It comes out to the same price as the 1 character month-to-month option.
    Another would be to buy gametimecards (2 months) für 20€.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-03-15 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    These repeatable quests for the easter event are, annoying to say the least.

I got the music roll and i think i'll keep it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    These repeatable quests for the easter event are, annoying to say the least.

I got the music roll and i think i'll keep it at that.
    Where do you get these quests and is there a level you need to be to do them? Because I totally want that chocobo thingy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where do you get these quests and is there a level you need to be to do them? Because I totally want that chocobo thingy.
    Old Gridana, at the Amphitheater. I think you need to be like 10 or 15? to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Old Gridana, at the Amphitheater. I think you need to be like 10 or 15? to do them.
    Wooooooo, chocobo mount thingymagummy and possibly the theme thing here I come.