Quote Originally Posted by ViveLaVie View Post
    If not then I sure hope I cherish the rest of my life ^^
    *hugss* It'll work out, I'm sure of it. Trust me! ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I didn't have much trouble creating my profile last Saturday, but I don't really understand how I am supposed to act. As a guy, I guess I am expected to make the first move. But I just don't know how to make it. For example, I'm reading a profile of a girl from Chicago; she seems to have pretty much the same interests as me, similar lifestyle, etc. I would feel really awkward saying something like this, "Hi, I've noticed we have a lot of similar interests. Want to chat on Skype?". Perhaps I need to get out of my head and just go for it...
    Not necessarily on all of it. On the three I've done so far that the girl has talked back on, they've initiated the conversation. So I guess uh, don't expect much either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Not necessarily on all of it. On the three I've done so far that the girl has talked back on, they've initiated the conversation. So I guess uh, don't expect much either way.
    I had one girl where we were chatting back and forth. It seemed to be going well. Then they asked "which one [ethnicity] do you identify more with? Or should I guess? " something like that. I said "Sure, take a guess!" I never heard from her again.

Then another that messaged me first but then stopped. At that point I was a bit frustrated so I asked why she decided to stop messaging me so I could figure out where I was going wrong. She said it was because I was not a sikh. I just left that alone but that annoys me because my picture is clearly on my profile, I am not wearing a turban, and my ethnicity is listed in my profile, and the fact that I am an atheist is there as well.

I also get lots of messages from people that are really into clubbing which is not for me at all. Its like they don't even read my profile or anything about me.

Everyone I have messaged first I have not gotten a response. It looks like we would be a good fit based on interests and lifestyles but I guess I am bad at starting a conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I had one girl where we were chatting back and forth. It seemed to be going well. Then they asked "which one [ethnicity] do you identify more with? Or should I guess? " something like that. I said "Sure, take a guess!" I never heard from her again.

Then another that messaged me first but then stopped. At that point I was a bit frustrated so I asked why she decided to stop messaging me so I could figure out where I was going wrong. She said it was because I was not a sikh. I just left that alone but that annoys me because my picture is clearly on my profile, I am not wearing a turban, and my ethnicity is listed in my profile, and the fact that I am an atheist is there as well.

I also get lots of messages from people that are really into clubbing which is not for me at all. Its like they don't even read my profile or anything about me.

Everyone I have messaged first I have not gotten a response. It looks like we would be a good fit based on interests and lifestyles but I guess I am bad at starting a conversation.
    Yeah, you have those as well. Only good thing you can get out of it is that at the very least, you don't have to find that stuff out like, 3 months down the line. And me being bad at conversation is probably why I don't mind them starting it

Deleted

This seems so odd...why look on a dating site for people into clubbing? Arent you better off meeting them....in a club? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems so odd...why look on a dating site for people into clubbing? Arent you better off meeting them....in a club? :P
    I mean, it is sorta awkward sometimes to like, ask one girl out of their groups of 4-8 for a dance (least speaking from a swing dancing view- I assume clubbing is similar). They might be trying to set up beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right! That doesn't make any sense at all! Damn conspiracies!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it is sorta awkward sometimes to like, ask one girl out of their groups of 4-8 for a dance (least speaking from a swing dancing view- I assume clubbing is similar). They might be trying to set up beforehand.
    Or maybe it does! Still! Conspiracies!

Deleted
    Well asking people for something is generally nervy and akward. But maybe I have this wrong idea that clubbing people tend to be a bit more confident in general

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    You are right! That doesn't make any sense at all! Damn conspiracies!

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe it does! Still! Conspiracies!
    Told you, its all one big juicy conspiracy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just always have this dilemma. On one hand, I want to be the initiator, because, well, it's logical to be the initiator when you are interested in someone. On the other, I don't want to come across as pushy. Granted, I've already received a few messages from people interested in chatting/meeting, but they all seemed cheesy and random, like "Hi, I'm new in this town. Here is my phone number, let's chat". While their profiles didn't suggest much in common with me. So far I've politely declined all such "offers". One girl literally suggested meeting in a cafe nearby in her first message. I guess, indeed, most people don't bother reading profiles...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have much trouble creating my profile last Saturday, but I don't really understand how I am supposed to act. As a guy, I guess I am expected to make the first move. But I just don't know how to make it. For example, I'm reading a profile of a girl from Chicago; she seems to have pretty much the same interests as me, similar lifestyle, etc. I would feel really awkward saying something like this, "Hi, I've noticed we have a lot of similar interests. Want to chat on Skype?". Perhaps I need to get out of my head and just go for it...
    Why don't you let her make the first move.
    As we say here in Canada, it's 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well asking people for something is generally nervy and akward. But maybe I have this wrong idea that clubbing people tend to be a bit more confident in general
    Like, the only problem is that they travel in small packs. If it was just one girl, I'd be asking her immediately. As is though, they usually have a small group of friends.
    I just always have this dilemma. On one hand, I want to be the initiator, because, well, it's logical to be the initiator when you are interested in someone. On the other, I don't want to come across as pushy. Granted, I've already received a few messages from people interested in chatting/meeting, but they all seemed cheesy and random, like "Hi, I'm new in this town. Here is my phone number, let's chat". While their profiles didn't suggest much in common with me. So far I've politely declined all such "offers". One girl literally suggested meeting in a cafe nearby in her first message. I guess, indeed, most people don't bother reading profiles...
    Yeah, all I'm saying is like, don't be too set in things running either way.

I would prefer just meeting face to face. I'm way better with people one on one than online or through text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer just meeting face to face. I'm way better with people one on one than online or through text.
    Try meeting some folks at the next Vancouver riot. Could be a good way to network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Well, you don't need to tell me that, I am always the first one on these forums calling people out on impractical traditionalism. But the way I see it, if two people are interested in each other and each expects the other to make the first move, they will never talk. I don't mind to be the first one to start a conversation, I just sometimes don't know how to start it. In real life it is easy: you just say, "Hi", and it goes from there. Online, if I just say to someone, "Hi, how is it going", what are the odds that I will hear back from them?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Try meeting some folks at the next Vancouver riot. Could be a good way to network.
    I said one on one, there tends to be a mob mentality in riots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said one on one, there tends to be a mob mentality in riots.
    Oh, apologies.
    Hit up a yoga class. Preferably a small one so you can scout around before making your move.

Deleted
    Its like saying "Its 2016, there shouldnt be poverty!"

If heterosexual dating wasn't enough indication just look at how different homosexual male and female dating are

I have no knowledge about who are on these forums. Would be a bit hard to give a judge on who I would date, haha. But I've seen some cute people around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Okay, how the fuck is this retarded thread still going?
    Your post helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.