10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So how much stuff from more recent novels has Chronicles volume 1 just changed? does anyone have a list? I am wondering if reading some of the novels is just going to be a waste of time cos a lot of the info they talk about is basically redundant now or changed.
    Why would you waste your time? If the story is well written and entertaining, it is still worth reading even though some minute details got changed.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

yeah the main story hasnt changed, just some of the details of history.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Anveena was a pure concentration of arcane shaped into a human form. If Elune is the same, would be weird how her powers are apparently based on the Light/Shadow dichotomy, as Elune's followers are priestesses. That would mean that Night Elves got their Light from the mere faith in Elune and not from Elune herself.

Interestingly enough, there's a chain Horde side in Desolace that lets you harness the "power of Elune" to wreak havoc on Nijel's Point (yeah, you butcher Night Elves with her very power) but the power in question looks more akin to a powerful firestorm rather than anything Light or Void related.
    Faith is a powerful thing even in the real world.

I finished reading the book! Finally, I know all the things!

It came up before if Sargeras can shrink himself, or forms avatars. While it's not impossible that he can shrink himself, it's definitely confirmed he creates avatars with a portion of his essence. It's confirmed in the book that what Aegwynn fought for example, was an Avatar of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    And its really hard to imagine them being jealous of titans who can fly through space and perform planetmancy if they themselves are powerful physical gods in their own world.
    Our universe and the plane of the Void Lords is very different. We know very little avoid the void, but by the name, and it forming in the absence of Light, we can assume it's rather empty. Especially because the Void Lords apparently consume matter and energy in massive amounts when they can.

So here they're in a Void they can't exist outside of for long. While they can see the physical universe they can barely interact with, and spot beings that hold immense power to influence this realm. Of course they can be jealous of that, even if they are more powerful than Titans. I am stronger than 100 birds put together, but I can still be jealous of their ability to fly the skies.

In the end, we know very little of the Void Lords. We know Sargeras fears their power. We know they seek to consume our universe. But we don't know their number or power. Why are they a threat to Titans? Are there few with overwhelming power, or many with moderate power? All we know is that they had to team up to hurl Old Gods into the physical universe, to affect it indirectly.

In the end, a Dark Titan is powerful, but its greatest danger lies in that they're on the side of the Void Lords, corrupted by the Old Gods. It's biggest threat isn't that it's crazy powerful, but that it'll have the power to give the Void Gods access to what they want. To let them consume the matter and energy of our universe.

And this is why Sargeras is killing worlds. Better a dead universe than a universe consumed by the Void Lords. A logical path, for someone as insane as him. It's his only path to "win".

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    No its not pure speculation. I was referring to what previous people in the book were reading. Maybe bad summary from original source. ( don't act like you are an authority. U don't know what other people read or found out)

And secondly yes it is. He doesn't want to just stop them because reality us tainted so he wants to destroy it so it can be remade without their corruption. Is free of them. Which naturally is crazy as they are a part of that universe.

And its really hard to imagine them being jealous of titans who can fly through space and perform planetmancy if they themselves are powerful physical gods in their own world.

Back later when I have a computer bigger than my hand (i.e. I'm on my phone)
    No, what you said was pure speculation. It wasn't stated or clearly implied anywhere in the book - hence, speculation. It might or might not be true, but it isn't fact.

I'm not sure what you meant by acting like an authority, but I'm pretty sure that I and everyone else can call out wrong things or speculation when they are presented as fact - which was what you did. I don't know what people "found out", but I can tell you I know what people have read if it's limited in the Chronicle - I have the content of the book with me more than a week ago, after all. What I have learned is that fan speculations or theories can take root in people's mind if it's spread far enough, and then people will start treating those speculations as canon regardless what Blizzard says. Better to make it clear that what you posted aren't canon (yet) before it's too late.
    Again, there isn't anything in the book saying that the void lords are intangible, doesn't have a form / body, or even omnipresent (what?). They are beings made of pure shadow energy and in their natural state, they exist outside of reality in the Void - that's about it - everything you said where speculation / guesses based on these two facts, and will remain speculation until Blizzard state or directly imply so. The Naarus are also being made of light, yet they have a form as we can see, and are far from omnipresent.

Secondly, no, it isn't. Sargeras want to destroy the reality because he deemed it too corrupted - you get this part correct. However, he was never said to want to remove or destroy the void lords. He theorized that life can be born again, and this time, it is free of corruption. The Void Lords will still be there, but he will be there to protect life from scratch. An universe free of corruption is NOT an universe that is free of void lords. Again, no where was it stated that Sargeras was afraid of the void lords - what he was afraid of was their plans and the possibility that they could have corrupted everything.

Not quite sure what your point in regards to "And its really hard to imagine them being jealous of titans who can fly through space and perform planetmancy if they themselves are powerful physical gods in their own world." since I've never said they were. In fact, I've asked people to refrain from stating them (the VLs) being extremely OP as fact until we get to know more about them from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-16 at 11:47 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

So how much stuff from more recent novels has Chronicles volume 1 just changed? does anyone have a list? I am wondering if reading some of the novels is just going to be a waste of time cos a lot of the info they talk about is basically redundant now or changed.
    The Well of Eternity trilogy's event are barely changed. It's still good to read.

The events of The Last Guardian regarding Aegwynn and Medivh change a little. Aegwynn's thoughts were also clouded by Sargeras, putting her in actual conflict with the Council of Tirisfal, hiding for hundreds of years. Medivh's father Nielas Aran and Aegwynn had a real loving relationship, rather than Aegwynn coldly seducing him for a night just for impregnation. Medivh's powers awakened not during a Troll attack on his friends, but when he was 14, killing his father. But this was already retconned to this in a comic.

I guess this is new for me. Humans made contact with Naarru.

Last edited by Asuras; 2016-03-16 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Anveena was a pure concentration of arcane shaped into a human form. If Elune is the same, would be weird how her powers are apparently based on the Light/Shadow dichotomy, as Elune's followers are priestesses. That would mean that Night Elves got their Light from the mere faith in Elune and not from Elune herself.

Interestingly enough, there's a chain Horde side in Desolace that lets you harness the "power of Elune" to wreak havoc on Nijel's Point (yeah, you butcher Night Elves with her very power) but the power in question looks more akin to a powerful firestorm rather than anything Light or Void related.
    i thought the light magic accessed by Priests of Elune does not come through Elune herself but actually from them. All beings possess light, and you access the light in you by believing in it, which is why faith is so important, if the faith in the goddess inspires you to acquiese to deeds of light or good deeds, this will grow your strength in utilising that power magically, but the source is from you and you make the connection.

the goddess herself has her own powers which her followers can access and use too in addition to that, which is why priestesses of elune can do some balance druid spells like moonfire, starfall etc, that now is coming from Elune rather than a power source like the Well or magic in the air.

So Elune could be the Anveena of the well of eternity. But it could be even bigger than that, now that we know what the Well of Eternity is, the blood of the titan, that idea links nicely into Elune being like the spirit or soul of the titan Azeroth - and the only reason an Anveena could come to be, was because an Elune already exists, this would definitely make Anveena like a daughter of sorts to Elune since the Sunwell is of the Well of Eternity, a daughter or an offshoot/crude extension of part of her.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-03-16 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Well of Eternity trilogy's event are barely changed. It's still good to read.
    Eh, I'd say that it changed quite a bit. The banishment spell isn't Malfurion & Illidan's doing alone, no mention of Rhonin / Brox / Krasus anywhere, and Sargeras is no longer said to cease to exist, but ripped back to TN instead. It is closer to the story in the original WoTA instead of the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    me too, didn't they say that it was the High elves that taught the human population about the light? After they themselves "figured it out" through their genius and study. A retcon would be un-necessary because the humans could still have learnt about the Holy Light from the high elves and managed to make contact with a naaru because they're just quite talented with these things.

Maybe it's an oversight, because there is no way humans would have been learning arcane magic from the elves and not picked up alsoon the very real and very amazing healing powers of the priests of the High Elves.

Unless they're going to define the high elf priesthood as not actually being quite a religion of the holy light at that point in time but more a discipline based rigorous study of principles - with the high elves learning the Holy side of the priest magic from the humans they interacted with..which would be a retcon, but less of one than this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post

It's a nice touch, but honestly unneeded since Tyr is strongly connected with the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Eh, I'd say that it changed quite a bit. The banishment spell isn't Malfurion & Illidan's doing alone, no mention of Rhonin / Brox / Krasus anywhere, and Sargeras is no longer said to cease to exist, but ripped back to TN instead. It is closer to the story in the original WoTA instead of the trilogy.
    I'm not too surprised about Rhonin/Brox/Krasus - because theya re not part of the original timeline - they only enter the timeline to fix the possible damage of the infinite flight - really they were just a plot device to mix up the tale a bit - because at the time they were probably scared of having a warcraft novel without any humans or orcs in it. who knows, either way, I have suspected, after the whole AU thing plays out in WoD, that once you repair the timeline, the spin off AU you were in fades away and the original version re-asserts itself. - but i'm waiting for confirmation on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are the Void Lords (Gods) fallen Naaru? Entropius would've been one of these beings, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

The events of The Last Guardian regarding Aegwynn and Medivh change a little. Aegwynn's thoughts were also clouded by Sargeras, putting her in actual conflict with the Council of Tirisfal, hiding for hundreds of years. Medivh's father Nielas Aran and Aegwynn had a real loving relationship, rather than Aegwynn coldly seducing him for a night just for impregnation. Medivh's powers awakened not during a Troll attack on his friends, but when he was 14, killing his father. But this was already retconned to this in a comic.
    but when I read the Last Guardian, I got the impression that she did love him, and the author was only showing the logical rational for the coupling. only showing one side of it. i.e. she could have still loved him and still used him. She could also have gone into it with the intention to use but also grow to love - just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not so.

It's true it doesn't really describe the demons being drawn in that same way. Still, that makes some sense. I mean, the War of the Satyr was already canon. If no demons had escaped, that could never be. It's true that Rhonin, Brox and Krasus go unmentioned, though the events they set in motion do not. They are unmentioned, but not strictly overwritten. Perhaps so people can still enjoy the book. Sargeras' form did survive being inside the collapsing portal. That's probably for the best though. And it makes sense, since he was totally around in later lore, such as when he had his avatar battle Medivh's mother Aegwynn.

This is speculation, but given he is mountain-size but not planet-size in the book, and metal-skinned, it could have just been his greatest Avatar that was crushed. Not his actual body.

Regardless, having just reread the War of the Ancients Trilogy again a few weeks ago: There's tons of stuff that happens in those books. Lots of twists and turns. A large number of it still fits with within the canon. It's still a good and useful read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    So are the Void Lords (Gods) fallen Naaru? Entropius would've been one of these beings, yes?
    No, they are not. Fallen Naaru are Void Gods.

Deleted
    Knaak's WotA can't be ignored for one simple reason, Krasus saved the Blue Dragonflight from total extinction.

me too, didn't they say that it was the High elves that taught the human population about the light?
    I've not heard that one before. I could have missed it. I always assumed it was Dwarves that had it first for some reason.

Regardless, in the new lore, it's the Humans that seem to have developed Priests of the Light first, among the Eastern Kingdom races.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not. Fallen Naaru are Void Gods.
    Strange since the Naaru are the beings of pure light and benevolence. However, when they die, they become the polar opposite... which isn't Void Lords? Doesn't really make sense.

Deleted
    yeah,it follows more from Warcraft Encyclopedia that Blizzard published after the trilogy.