Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The same reason people who never played SWTOR, GW2, bitch about those games - consumer bias. I play LoL, therefore every other moba is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    The game is to team focused and that is a huge turn off to me personally. I just don't feel like playing 20 minutes loses that, I can't change the outcome, so whats the point? I personally think, it's just shit game design but to each their own.
    Because its so fun to support in DotA2, LoL or SMITE. I can keep going.

I like when everyone matters equally to an extend. A game isnt very fun when the only emphasis is put on DPS / Gankers.

Each to their own, I guess.

i could get over every flaw of the HotS but i cant get past every hero not being unlocked (same with lol), why would i play it when dota 2 does almost everything better while giving you every hero for free, one of the few good points of hots is short match durations and higher comeback possibility which is not enough to save it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    "Do AI games!!11." No, its less xp. Blame blizzards retarded cross promo strategies.
    It's faster xp/hr though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's faster xp/hr though.
    Is it if I am not really playing? afaik my AI side just loses very quickly if I am in the kitchen making a brew or cutting my toenails or doing something else thats more fun than hots.

Whereas the human players are happy to soldier on farming me xp and all I have to do is put up with typed moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... The D3 barbarian is based around Red Sonja, possibly the most iconic barbarian in modern fiction, along with - obviously - Conan. Not to mention, that both Johanna and Sonya are actual characters, not just "missed identities",- they are both from D3, it's that freaking simple. This has nothing to do with feminism, this has to do with you having terrible arguments.
    Arguments? What the hell!?!? Am i in court? Im not even discussing anything u small little **** . I just said my opinion which is here to HELP not to HATE and u ofc have to bash me. You seem like u cant accept the fact that this game SUCKS and you can see that just by looking at the number of people playing it or the amount of hate among the forums - and thats a incontestable argument.

I will explain u this once again and last time, Warriors, Berserkers, Barbarians, Knights, Paladins - these are MEN JOB u get it ? MENLY JOB FOR TRUE MEN. Wizards/Mages/sorcerers is typically what women do and im just annoyed that two of the most iconic men-jobs (Huge raging barbarian and full-plate paladin) turned out in this game to be Small-ridiculous barbarian and Paladin with few times heavier armor than herself...You think what was the idea behind "Red Sonja" ? Because it was counter-logic. A barbarian woman destroying everyone? Hell! Thats so stupid - but hey lets watch it just because it has some difference.

Btw. I dont care about any of that noname characters, dont care if they are actually in game or not, i've got diablo 3 with RoS and havent noticed them anywhere in game that just points out the fact that they've been created only for the purpose of HotS.

This whole sounds like a stupid point at all, because who the hell gives a f*** about what gender champions are? Well there are some people as you can see, i love playing the Warrior-style classes/champions in every game, i always choose them because thats my style of play and when i see the most Warriorish-type of class i just cant see it as a woman because it doesnt make sense at all - A woman in a class that is purely based on physical power? Thats completely irrational. And please for the love of god dont tell me this is fantasy everything can happen here blahblahblah, some sort of reality must be always kept to make the game have any sense...

Infracted
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-03-17 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You know, I've seen you complain and complain over the months (years?) about how people are rude or mean to you in video games, but if this is really your attitude toward things and how you play with other people, is it really that surprising that you get people resenting the idea of you being in their groups?
    You've never seen me complain about other people being rude to me, except on this thread, where I say that the hots community is shit, but pretty much like most online communities. This is why I ran my own guild and formed my own groups. I am awesome, kinf and patient, most in the pug and hardcore raiding community are not. They are impatient childish assholes.

Whatever.

I don't want to play hots. Its crap.

I do want the battle pet.

That I am enticed into playing a game I don't like which is bound to ruin other peoples gaming is why I wrote on the thread. Like I said originally, blame blizzard. Somewhere around 2011 they stopped making 10/10 "proper" games and started to pump out 6/10 - 8/10 games with a skinner box emphasis and clever cross promotional shit to get people hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Because its so fun to support in DotA2, LoL or SMITE. I can keep going.
    Yes, actually it can be. Dota supports are fun, I would rather play Disrupter support than a carry any day. League supports CAN be fun, just not always. Supports in League in fact are usually the strongest characters in the game because their kits are designed to be functional/at an equal level with everyone else in the game with vastly less gold initially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post
    Arguments? What the hell!?!? Am i in court? Im not even discussing anything u small little **** . I just said my opinion which is here to HELP not to HATE and u ofc have to bash me. You seem like u cant accept the fact that this game SUCKS and you can see that just by looking at the number of people playing it or the amount of hate among the forums - and thats a incontestable argument.

I will explain u this once again and last time, Warriors, Berserkers, Barbarians, Knights, Paladins - these are MEN JOB u get it ? MENLY JOB FOR TRUE MEN. Wizards/Mages/sorcerers is typically what women do and im just annoyed that two of the most iconic men-jobs (Huge raging barbarian and full-plate paladin) turned out in this game to be Small-ridiculous barbarian and Paladin with few times heavier armor than herself...You think what was the idea behind "Red Sonja" ? Because it was counter-logic. A barbarian woman destroying everyone? Hell! Thats so stupid - but hey lets watch it just because it has some difference.

Btw. I dont care about any of that noname characters, dont care if they are actually in game or not, i've got diablo 3 with RoS and havent noticed them anywhere in game that just points out the fact that they've been created only for the purpose of HotS.

This whole sounds like a stupid point at all, because who the hell gives a f*** about what gender champions are? Well there are some people as you can see, i love playing the Warrior-style classes/champions in every game, i always choose them because thats my style of play and when i see the most Warriorish-type of class i just cant see it as a woman because it doesnt make sense at all - A woman in a class that is purely based on physical power? Thats completely irrational. And please for the love of god dont tell me this is fantasy everything can happen here blahblahblah, some sort of reality must be always kept to make the game have any sense...
    Calm down a notch. Also, may I point out that this is in fact a fantasy setting. We're talking about characters that have fought what could be considered gods and immensely powerful beings that are far beyond normal human capability, yet you want to argue based on real life Biology? None of the Blizzard universes are 100% realistic by a longshot and you are being pretty irrational yourself just because a fantasy setting doesn't follow your expectations all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You also complained endlessly about how you didn't want to "try" in WoW and how "elitist" everyone was. So there's that.
    Never happened.
    The fact that you feel entitled to that pet is your problem. Not Blizzards', not the players on your team. At least have the decency to play the game if you want the pet, not queue up and do nothing and then moan that "people are mean to me".
    The game is shit and I don't want to play it.

I also want the pet. I'm putting the minimum possible into gaining it. This is fine.

Its terrible design on blizzard part. If it helps I can apologise for responding to blizzard shitty incentives if you want.

Sorry for not aring about hots and just wanting an overpowered battle pet, everyone. I'm still not going to give a shit though because I think hots is fetid wank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Using LoL and Riot as a benchmark for anything already sets your standards beyond low.

HotS is a game made by one of the biggest names in gaming that have released multiple games throughout its lifespan, any criticism is completely valid. I enjoy the game, but theres some basic things they should really have fixed by now, the reconnect system comes to mind.

I will say though, its too casual a game for me to care that much about, so the matchmaking and such doesnt bother as much as it would in other games of this type.
    Hey kid. Nice passive agressive rage post

LoL sees way more hate, at least on this forum, then the other Moba's.

I think its the same mentality as hating on wow. These forums are filled with emotionel 14 year olds who get a kick out of throwing shit at things and watching other people do it aswell.

Basicly everything that makes their generation pure shit to be honest.

Crap aside:

LoL and Hots are completely different games when it comes to Moba's. Blizzard took a different way and is therefor attracting a different crowd, maybe wisely.

I dont think Hots will ever have the same amount of viewers that twitch king League gets. It is, with a risk of sounding douchy, a little too casual friendly compared to the others.

Sorry for not aring about hots and just wanting an overpowered battle pet, everyone. I'm still not going to give a shit though because I think hots is fetid wank.
    I feel that you're being selfish here though, there are 9 other people whose game you're willingly making worse because you want to claim a cross promotion pet. There are methods that don't cause this and you're actively ignoring them because you don't want to wait a little longer.

Do you not see the horrible irony there? It does read as fairly entitled; you're placing your time above the value of 9 other people's.
    I am the lucid dream

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day, gz on that,- you mysoginist loon.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-03-17 at 05:36 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I feel that you're being selfish here though, there are 9 other people whose game you're willingly making worse because you want to claim a cross promotion pet. There are methods that don't cause this and you're actively ignoring them because you don't want to wait a little longer.
    Yep.
    Do you not see the horrible irony there? It does read as fairly entitled; you're placing your time above the value of 9 other people's.
    Of course I am, I haven't made any commitment to those people and I don't owe them anything. If they died mid game i'd feel nothing and never know.

Theres no irony. I want the battle pet, I think hots is shit and the incentives are all aligned for me to make the game worse for 9 strangers.

The only real difference between me and the thousands of other players doing what I am doing is that I am telling you about it. Blame blizzards poor cross promotional game design model.

Of course I am, I haven't made any commitment to those people and I don't owe them anything. If they died mid game i'd feel nothing and never know.
    You've made a commitment to play the game though, it's why there's the option to report afk/non-interaction. Even if you hadn't, why do you need to owe anyone anything before you'll stop being inconsiderate to them?

Theres no irony. I want the battle pet, I think hots is shit and the incentives are all aligned for me to make the game worse for 9 strangers.
    I think irony was wrong, it's just utter selfishness. You appreciate that time is important, but have only when it affects you because you benefit if you do it to others.

The only real difference between me and the thousands of other players doing what I am doing is that I am telling you about it.
    Neither the assumed they nor you are absolved by your admittance to this, it's completely irrelevant.

Blame blizzards poor cross promotional game design model.
    Blizzard's not to blame though, you are, completely.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    You've made a commitment to play the game though, it's why there's the option to report afk/non-interaction. Even if you hadn't, why do you need to owe anyone anything before you'll stop being inconsiderate to them?
    I'm entitled to do the minimum possible to maximise my xp. I'd need to have a positive obligation towards the randoms I get grouped with before I had to do more than that.

I think irony was wrong, it's just utter selfishness. You appreciate that time is important, but have only when it affects you because you benefit if you do it to others.
    Yeah, pretty much. Its not like wow where a lot of the incentives are aligned to make you seek out others, form alliances etc Or at least, not to just farm til 20 and never touch it again.
    Neither the assumed they nor you are absolved by your admittance to this, it's completely irrelevant.

Blizzard's not to blame though, you are, completely.
    I'm just doing what is rational for me to do, given the incentives offered. I want the battle pet, i don't want to play hots.

A key feature about the battle pet is it's as OP as fuck. Basically if you are trying to pvp win on wow with pets atm you will meet dozens of graves style cleave teams and they pwn face. Blizzard have basically made grinding to 20 in hots mandatory to have a decent pvp team in wow.

Blame lies thataway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Hey kid. Nice passive agressive rage post

LoL sees way more hate, at least on this forum, then the other Moba's.

I think its the same mentality as hating on wow. These forums are filled with emotionel 14 year olds who get a kick out of throwing shit at things and watching other people do it aswell.

Basicly everything that makes their generation pure shit to be honest.

Crap aside:

LoL and Hots are completely different games when it comes to Moba's. Blizzard took a different way and is therefor attracting a different crowd, maybe wisely.

I dont think Hots will ever have the same amount of viewers that twitch king League gets. It is, with a risk of sounding douchy, a little too casual friendly compared to the others.
    For being the second most played game in the world, it makes sense League gets a lot of hate. Practically any time something related to LoL is trending on Facebook/Twitter, it's full of people commenting on how it's a terrible game and they don't understand why it's popular. Mobas/ARTS's are a pretty polarizing genre, you either get them or you don't.

Deleted
    There will always be people who claims X is broken, and that the only real game is Y. Unfortunate they lack understanding of, that other people might still enjoy X, and that they might even think Y is bad.
    So it comes to lack of social understanding when someone comes with statements like that.

I'm in no way into HOTS or LOL, but I don't go around telling others that those kind of games are bad or that they sucks.

Just remember, that the internet is the place where everyone feels that they NEED to tell their opinion, even when others don't care about it. But it can create alot of anger on forums, and cause people like OP to get frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    The matchmaking sucks,
    The entry to HL is too high so we have to slog through months of normal queue to get there,
    The skins are beyond expensive,
    Every champion released is significantly stronger than the last,
    The game is not optimized at all,
    The catch up system is game losing and just disgusting to have in a MOBA,
    The characters cost entirely too much in both money and time needed to unlock when compared to other MOBA games,
    FPS is somehow connected to latency,
    The game is so team reliant is stupid (as in a single player cant carry a team mostly due to how exp works),

Those are just a few things that were on the top of my head im sure if I actuly thought about it for 5 minutes I could find a few more, All in all I do like the game but it has massive glaring flaws mostly in the pricing (330ish wins just to get a champion compared to say the 100 win required in league and no buy in option like smite.) and if it wasn't for the fact patching LoL would take me about 4 hours I don't think id be playing.
    This pretty much sums it up, im not sure the thread needed to go on after this post.

Hots is fun, but it does have all those problems and blizzard seems to not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

The only real difference between me and the thousands of other players doing what I am doing is that I am telling you about it. Blame blizzards poor cross promotional game design model.
    People like you are poison to the community, even more so than the trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.