Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me... You seriously think that, if they are plotting something against you, they will be discussing it out loud, in either English or Spanish? Especially when most Americans more or less can understand Spanish?

Sorry, but your argument isn't making any sense. And even if it was, you don't get to ban languages just because some people can use them with vile intent - just like you don't get to ban kitchen knives for the same reason.

You claim to follow American values, but I think you would fit better somewhere in North Korea, with such views.
    It does make sense don't do it around peoples spaces. Some people aren't as forgiving as I am. I kindly ask them to move away from me if they refuse then I'll get in their face and see if they like it and resort to fist fight if they want to escalate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You would have to define "personal space". What's the range?
    Five feet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Nice picture. Too bad the people were 3 feet away from you...which, by standard urinal measurement, would give them what we like to refer to as "the buffer zone"
    Also, they weren't taking a piss next to you...they were having a conversation that had nothing to fucking do with you. Seems to me you're trying to violate their personal space by eavesdropping on a private conversation and then getting pissed because you could only make out a few words.
    Because apparently he was glued to the floor and couldn't move to whatever his safe zone was.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    It does make sense don't do it around peoples spaces. Some people aren't as forgiving as I am. I kindly ask them to move away from me if they refuse then I'll get in their face and see if they like it and resort to fist fight if they want to escalate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Five feet.
    lol I think 6 feet would be fine then. Seriously, that's so arbitrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    It is a freedom thing. In America, they have the freedom to stand anywhere they like and speak any language they like.

What is in your control, is that you could have walked away from them so you didn't have to hear their suspicious Spanish conspiring.

You also have the option to remove that tinfoil hat.
    Not in peoples personal space. they also have the right to defend themselves to push them away from them. Doesn't give you the right to be a dick in this fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Because apparently he was glued to the floor and couldn't move to whatever his safe zone was.
    I get the feeling he's one of those people that parks his cart on one side of the aisle and stands next to it on the other side so no one can go through, then gets mad when people try to get by because "PERSONAL FREEDOM AND SPACE!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, you are the only person I've ever heard such concerns from in my entire life. Perhaps, the problem is not in those Spanish-speaking people, but, rather, in you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Not in peoples personal space. they also have the right to defend themselves to push them away from them. Doesn't give you the right to be a dick in this fashion.
    Were they directly touching you and/or do you have a restraining order out against them? If not, chances are they do have the freedom to stand in your arbitrary personal space.

Deleted
    You can't stand next to me in a queue and wear hair products I don't like the smell of, that's not a freedom concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have "personal space". That doesn't make sense. You were in a grocery store.

Your definition of personal space has no affect on the freedom for other people to converse in whatever language they desire. If you don't like it...take 2 steps back and they won't be in your "personal space" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    You can't stand next to me in a queue and wear hair products I don't like the smell of, that's not a freedom concept.
    Nah, that's too much freedom. You can't stand next to me in a queue. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Were they directly touching you and/or do you have a restraining order out against them? If not, chances are they do have the freedom to stand in your arbitrary personal space.
    A piece of paper is useless the offender wont follow it. They don't have the freedom or else I have the freedom to push them back.

Here's the thing, most Americans know plenty of Spanish speakers and are basically used to hearing it spoken around them on a regular basis. If anything, they would probably have more of a reaction to hearing you speak in your goofy Swedish accent.

A piece of paper is useless the offender wont follow it. They don't have the freedom or else I have the freedom to push them back.
    You don't have the freedom to assault another person just because they aren't speaking a language you approve of in an arbitrary radius you define as your own personal space.

So they did or didn't touch you? Because if you push them then that could be construed as assault and thus something you are definitely not free to do. You seem to have a confused understanding of freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You don't have the freedom to assault another person just because they aren't speaking a language you approve of in an arbitrary radius you define as your own personal space.
    Of course he does, his freedom overrides theirs.

So you were in a grocery store, with aisles full of food and whatnot....could it ever have dawned on you that they needed something on a shelf you were standing near?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Of course he does, his freedom overrides theirs.
    New concept of freedom: I am free to do whatever I want, and everyone else must obey my paranoid wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    So you were in a grocery store, with aisles full of food and whatnot....could it ever have dawned on you that they needed something on a shelf you were standing near?
    I basically mentioned that twice already. He very obviously ignored the point. He knows exactly what he's doing. This is all for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't talking to you, you don't have the right to demand what language they speak. It's none of your business what people speak amongst themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you've got mixed up on nationality/culture and race. The two are not related.
    Fine. It's bigoted then. You're really not helping your cause playing a game of semantics.
    Putin khuliyo