Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Why would there be blood, rust or dirt on the armor? Do you walk around with your clothing covered in shit? No? Why would they?
    Because, take it or leave it, when you're on a battlefield with no clean roads, you're essentially on dirt killing others left and right, it's normal for blood and dirt to get on your armour. It's normal for it to get dirty. Yes, when they're in Stormwind I expect their armours to be clean, but when they're out fighting and the armour shines like they've just been dropped from a helicopter... it looks awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Look at that table, it looks so cringe worthy with the stupid logo. This is literally something you find during a e-sport tournament. Everything looks new and plastic.

If you think the vast majority of movie goers like bad cgi and plastic walls...........well........

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt know that bad CGI and plastic walls/armor are a sub genre.
    I don't know what you see, because to me it looks absolutely normal and I can't understand where the "bad CGI" is supposed to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    I don't know what you see, because to me it looks absolutely normal and I can't understand where the "bad CGI" is supposed to be.
    E sport desks in a fantasy setting looks normal to you?

You fanboys will crash so hard. This movie will be really badly recieved by the general public and critics.

i think the movie looks fine. same people saying this movie looks fake probably say the Hulk was realistic.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Ok so the new trailer is out and I want you to look at this scene:

https://youtu.be/uVUS_hA_y40?t=6

It looks so bad and childish omg. Is the crown made out of plastic? Is the mage pooping in that scene? This movie will bomb so hard for the general audience. I am guessing 30% rotten tomatoe score.

Why is everything so clean and out of plastic?
    Crown looks alright, the next complain is seriously reaching. Find something better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala
    I'll have to agree that the armor and stuff looks so fake. :/
    I'm puzzled and feel the need to say. What did you honestly expect?
    Ever seen Lord of the Rings?

That's what I would expect. Not necessarily in terms of story depth but in terms of "how to make stuff look good".

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have to say their choice of story for the movie is awful.

People who have never seen anything warcraft will NOT be impressed by the time period they have chosen (orcs n humans).
    It is the least developed, least interesting period in warcraft history... there are no undead or elves or anything fun.
    Compared to Tolkien movies, the orc vs humans storyline seems horribly boring and lame and lacking.

People who are familiar with WoW are completely overstuffed with the "orc themes".
    Last 2 expansions had orcs falling out of our ears, and then EVERY trailer i see for this move has a big fat orc in the middle.
    I really don't want to look at more orcs... orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs orcs.......
    Except it has to start from somwhere.
    If it started in a later period (say third war), everyone woul be left asking who are all these people.
    Orcs, trolls, high elves, the kingdoms.
    It would be too much at once

@Thimagryn

Movies, like music or paintings, are art.
    They are 100% subjective - there is absolutely no scientifically measurable way of determining is a movie universally good.
    Especially when you count in the fact that some people value the quality of CGI/effects, and some do not.
    The most generalized way of rating a movie is by gathering hundreds/thousands of OPINIONS, and even that is unreliable and subjective.

The only criticism that can be directed to a movie is personal opinion - no such measuring tape exists that will objectively show is a movie good or bad.
    Bad/good acting, bad/good CGI, bad/good story, bad/good choreography... all subjectively based on do we like that style or not.
    There is absolutely no other way to determine or measure is a movie good or bad.

My opinion of the info that was so far released about warcraft movie is 100% as valid as yours, or a professional film critics.
    All of us have the same "tool" when judging a movie called personal preference and opinion.
    There is no device or measuring tape that will "irrevocably" measure and determine is a movie/art/book good or not.

In my opinion:
    The armor looks pretty fake and lame... the looks of "in-game/warcraft" armor horribly translated to a movie with live actors.
    The history period chosen is incredibly boring and deprived of everything except ORCS (and perhaps a few demons?).
    Considering we had a shit-ton of orcs in MoP and WoD i REALLY do not feel attracted to watch 2 more hours of orcs.

And about the last point, after watching a movie they liked people tend to look up what else is there from that franchise/brand/genre.
    If they had selected Warcraft 3, TFT or WoW history timelines then people would have valid and functional games to try out (if they liked the movie).
    But by selecting warcraft 1/2 blizzard just annihilated that possibility, since not a lot of people would suffer through a 1994 ms-dos game.

@Romano
    Sorry i must have missed the movies that depict the entire history of Tolkien's Silmarillion, since by your logic LotR and Hobbits would be impossible to understand.
    Or do you honestly expect that there will be movies for warcraft 2, warcraft 3 and then for WoW expansions?
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2016-03-20 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Oh god it's DBZ: Evolution all over again.
    Not in any way shape or form.
    At least here it is still recognizable as warcraft and not a fan film titled "dragonball"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Except it has to start from somwhere.
    If it started in a later period (say third war), everyone woul be left asking who are all these people.
    Orcs, trolls, high elves, the kingdoms.
    It would be too much at once
    Yeah I'm glad they are starting small, similar to how Marvel held off before making the full blown Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't like the female orc. She just looks like a human painted green.

I don't like the dwarf. I'm not saying they should've gone the LOTR route, but not only does he look CG, but he looks WORSE than the dwarf in the WoW opening, which is also CG (and was done over 10 years ago).

I was totally fanboy'ing over the movie when they first started showing bits and pieces of it, but every video they release makes me dislike it more and more. It just doesn't feel like the quality I've come to expect from Blizzard.
    The female orc is only half-orc, hence the looks.
    Draka is a proper female orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    It was put to me like this:

To me, the LotR trilogy (and Hobbit) were abhorant monstosities -criminal acts

And that is the problem.
    No matter how much quality a product has , people will always complain

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that everything looks so clean and plasticy. There is no need for blood, rust or dirt since armor and weapons are always being taken care of. But in this movie everything looks so unatural compared to the humans. And that is the biggest issue, they shouldn't have used live actors. Now everything has to compare to our reality......and it looks aweful.

Wtf is this?

What's with the logo? This looks like a cheesy lan party with a new conference table and edgy logos on it......even the effing walls are looking like plastic.
    You are seriously reaching if this bothers you so much.
    It sounds desperate to try and hate for that.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-03-20 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking quite good at the trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily for me, OP's opinion means jack shit, still an opinion. I have seen SO many fantasy movies where it looks much worse than what I have seen in the trailers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Looks like utter crap. Nobody over the age of 12 will like this.

Deleted
    How can a 100 million move look that "bad" I get the feeling that I look at some B movie. The trailer scream computer animation... way not remove the humans and make a all out computer "cartoon" movie insted of trying (and fail) to make it look real.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Sorry i must have missed the movies that depict the entire history of Tolkien's Silmarillion, since by your logic LotR and Hobbits would be impossible to understand.
    Or do you honestly expect that there will be movies for warcraft 2, warcraft 3 and then for WoW expansions?

Excpept it worked in Lotr, because the time frame was suitable.
    the last great war had happened 2.000 years ago to the timeline of the movie.
    The great wars in warcraft had mere decades separating them and are more interweaved.

(also no, the silmarillion is akin to the war of the ancients, so no I didnt ask for that)
    you still need the build up however.
    It would be like making the third lotr movie without making the other 2 first.

A lot of events are caused by events in the 1,2 wars and many races are relevant because of it.
    It is better to start from the begininng, make the characters relateable and convey the struggle of the kingdoms.

If it starts in third war, then you are bombarded with a multitude of races liek dwarves, elves, trolls.
    The orcs would merelyt be a footnote who would have just escaped their cmaps, and generally there would be multitude plot points that would be hard to be covered in one movie and would leave the movie goer baffled.

E sport desks in a fantasy setting looks normal to you?

You fanboys will crash so hard. This movie will be really badly recieved by the general public and critics.
    Desks are desks. I don't know how E sport desks are supposed to look so I can't say anything about that but I don't see a problem with tables with a coat of arms ornament, maybe a bit of hubris but that's it.

The other part is uncalled for. What do you mean calling others fanboys? I genuinely don't see any kind of bad CGI in this shot. And I'm not a fanboy. Would I love for a Warcraft Cinematic Universe? Absolutely. Just like I love the MCU but never read a marvel comic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Crown looks alright, the next complain is seriously reaching. Find something better
    So you are telling me that the crown looks like metal?

Are you serious?

@Romano
    Sure the timeline between war1/2/3 is a lot tighter than Silm/Hobbit so that is a valid point.
    And i do not mind having more movies from a franchise that i love, assuming they are not garbage.

But the stories in warcraft 1 and warcraft 2 seem so... basic and shallow that i honestly don't think they warrant an entire movie.
    At least i did not really find them all that compelling... the games were great back in that year, but the stories were forgettable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Desks are desks. I don't know how E sport desks are supposed to look so I can't say anything about that but I don't see a problem with tables with a coat of arms ornament, maybe a bit of hubris but that's it.

The other part is uncalled for. What do you mean calling others fanboys? I genuinely don't see any kind of bad CGI in this shot. And I'm not a fanboy. Would I love for a Warcraft Cinematic Universe? Absolutely. Just like I love the MCU but never read a marvel comic.
    Desks are desks eh? Ever been to a European castle that still has its historicale furniture in it?

Those desks look like cheap ikea shit. Wtf does it even look like with these bad logos.

As to what the game?