Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hear more from British bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    LOL.

I've never posted in the Lore section, but this was probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum. So gratz on triggering me enough to comment.
    You must have missed all of his posts in the last month :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Well, that doesn't leave much to the imagination about the Warcraft franchise will end does it? It's obvious that, we are holding back a Void Lord from entering our realm while Azeroth awakes. Final cinematic is Azeroth destroying the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well, that doesn't leave much to the imagination about the Warcraft franchise will end does it? It's obvious that, we are holding back a Void Lord from entering our realm while Azeroth awakes. Final cinematic is Azeroth destroying the Void Lords.
    I feel like everyone is overstating the likelihood of the void lords showing up. The whole reason they send the old gods out in the first place is because they themselves can't get into the Great Dark Beyond.

The final cinematic is probably Azeroth empowered by the other Titan spirits defeating Sargeras.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Either that , or they need to retcon the lore AGAIN. The problem is they keep retconning so by default you are skeptical if the new lore is even valid at all. The Void Lords may turn out to be something else entirely, we might have been misinformed about Azeroth, Sargeras' backstory might change for the third time. Who knows?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I am slowly learning of the changes these Chronicles brought to WoW, and so far my only thought is.... crap.

And I thought Lore couldn't get any worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea but what i find more interesting is that the Void Lords are probably the biggest threat yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I am slowly learning of the changes these Chronicles brought to WoW, and so far my only thought is.... crap.

It's sort of interesting that some people prefer the "lore" when it was full of contradictions and plotlines left dangling and forgotten, but whatever! IMO, it's more important that all the inconsistencies were finally fixed because that's what I personally found terrible about Warcraft's lore.

I've never understood the over the top attachment Old God fanboys have to them.

The Old Gods are neat and all but at the end of the day they're gross sludgy monsters that make people crazy. If you ever thought they were on the level of Titans, well you don't really understand the scale the Titans operate on. It's planetary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post

It's really not much different. They just plugged the holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The Old Gods nearly defeated the Titans actually. Yogg-Saron would have defeated them if not for some amazing bravery from Odyn.
    Odyn is a tool (literally) of the titans, nothing more. Breaking your opponents sword when he can again literally conjure more at whim isn't "nearly defeating" your opponent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    What? The Old Gods got a boost in power level compared to before. Y'Shaarj was killed by Mogu(it was never actually confirmed to be true since it was just a poem written by them that said so). It made it seem like the strongest OG was taken out by fodder.
    Yshaarj was killed by Aman'Thul. Not a Mogu. Aman'thul pulled his body from the sky and it tore Yshaarj's body apart.

The Pantheon grew concerned that the Old God would overwhelm their servants. Aman'Thul himself reached down through Azeroth's stormy skies and took hold of Y'Shaarj's writhing body. With a heave of his mighty arm, he tore the Old God from the crust of the world. In that moment, Yshaarj's gargantuan bulk was ripped apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Yshaarj was killed by Aman'Thul. Not a Mogu. Aman'thul pulled his body from the sky and it tore Yshaarj's body apart.
    Yea, Aman'thul killed him. Previously it was believed Mogu alone killed him(despite the fact that it was merely a few lines in some poem that implied that was the case.) The point is Y'Shaarj's power level was increased compared to before.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Yea, Aman'thul killed him. Previously it was believed Mogu alone killed him(despite the fact that it was merely a few lines in some poem that implied that was the case.) The point is Y'Shaarj's power level was increased compared to before.
    Not just the poem, which did more than just imply it. It was in the Titan Runestones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not just the poem, which did more than just imply it. It was in the Titan Runestones.
    The runestones simply said Ra den and the Mogu were chasing after a shadow(Y'Shaarj). Which is canon since the keepers and Mogu got their asses handed to them by Y'Shaarj in battle. The runestones never said the Mogu killed Y'Shaarj, that was %100 the poem.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    It's sort of interesting that some people prefer the "lore" when it was full of contradictions and plotlines left dangling and forgotten, but whatever! IMO, it's more important that all the inconsistencies were finally fixed because that's what I personally found terrible about Warcraft's lore.
    I think it's a combination of the destruction of existing "headcanon" coupled with a reduction of the mystery of the universe - a kind of sense that the amount of lateral storytelling potential has been greatly diminished. Pretty common when a previously loose-knit mythology finally gets nailed down with word-of-god style canon.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

In summary: Old Gods are cosmic shit flung across the universe by the Void Lords, with the hopes they'll find and stick to a world soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bummed that the Pantheon is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I'm bummed that the Pantheon is dead
    They're only mostly dead
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    There's a picture of Sargeras slashing his sword through a planet and splitting it in half. Safe to say they are around the size of a planet.

World soul, those titans, are smaller, they are probably around the size of the core of a planet.
    I understand where you are coming from, but there are also pictures that show him clearly not that size.

There is also the fact that in that picture he is..uncorporial? (spelling) whispy, looks like some kind of astral projection.

I dunno - in my mind Sargeras is smaller. Still huge in comparison but 'world sized'

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but there are also pictures that show him clearly not that size.

There is also the fact that in that picture he is..uncorporial? (spelling) whispy, looks like some kind of astral projection.

I dunno - in my mind Sargeras is smaller. Still huge in comparison but 'world sized'
    Didn't people already explain the idea that it is very possible that Sargeras can change his size to some certain extent a few times already? Archimonde does it, Tyr does it, dragons do it, Lei Shen does it - among other beings, wouldn't be a stretch if Sargeras can do it too.

(that, or the theory that those were his avatars, but I'm leaning towards the size-shifting explanation)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-22 at 02:32 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.