Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Quantify these chances.
    Taking a look at GvG, every single class had a few mechs in it, druids, mages, paladins, ect. The new mechanic being introduced in WotOG is C'Thun mechanics (and I've read that C'Thun is guaranteed in the free 3 WotOG packs you will get during the WotOG promo). I would say there is a 100% chance 1 neutral minion will be buffed by a buffed C'Thun, 95% chance that we will have 2, 80% chance we will have 3, and good chance (50-70%) that one of those 3 will be powerful enough that you have to save removal for it.

As for the class cards? If you do not think that every single class will get 1 card that has decent stats and gets buffed by C'Thun? You really should quit posting, period, and go see a psychiatrist, because there is something wrong with the way you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I will laugh when you Innervate at 10 mana for nothing then play Brann and not have enough mana for C'thun. I will also laugh when you play Brann first then Innervate and still not have enough mana to play C'thun
    Totes forgot that Brann is 3 mana.

Just slap in a Thaurissan there and call it a day, shall we? =D

There was a druid card released that heals you if C'Thun has more than 10 attack and a warrior card that grants you armor. If that means "buffed by C'Thun" then yes I agree. If you think we'll gets cards where a C'thun with increased stats will increase another cards stats I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yet another person completely missing the fact that the C'Thun synergy cards released so far are, in fact, really really good tempo cards for their stats.
    They are decent cards, but far from good tempo cards. if it only took solid bodies for a good tempo deck, everyone would have been playing spider tanks and yetis and pit fighers... but they arent, which is the entire point, those cards arent the real threats so far and you will not be blowing big removals on them, it will be easy to keep removal for cthun or the two or three other big cards the deck will be able to fit in

Deleted
    There was a druid card released that heals you if C'Thun has more than 10 attack and a warrior card that grants you armor. If that means "buffed by C'Thun" then yes I agree. If you think we'll gets cards where a C'thun with increased stats will increase another cards stats I disagree.
    The druid card doesn't heal you. Instead it becomes a 4/10 if your C'Thun has more than 10 attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Totes forgot that Brann is 3 mana.

Just slap in a Thaurissan there and call it a day, shall we? =D
    Or a coin/another innervate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    They are decent cards, but far from good tempo cards. if it only took solid bodies for a good tempo deck, everyone would have been playing spider tanks and yetis and pit fighers... but they arent, which is the entire point, those cards arent the real threats so far and you will not be blowing big removals on them, it will be easy to keep removal for cthun or the two or three other big cards the deck will be able to fit in
    Reno decks also run a lot of non-optimal cards too like demonwrath and even if they aren't the best, they are close enough that Reno more than enough makes up for it.

Same can be said for C'thun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    The druid card doesn't heal you. Instead it becomes a 4/10 if your C'Thun has more than 10 attack.
    Misread the card. This makes sense as its a druid theme in general. I don't think other classes will see a buff in stats. I'd expect Spell Power for Mages. Paladin could reduce an enemy minions attack power. Priest may heal the hero. I'm not quite sure what to expect for Hunter Rogue and Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Reno decks also run a lot of non-optimal cards too like demonwrath and even if they aren't the best, they are close enough that Reno more than enough makes up for it.

Same can be said for C'thun.
    how many competitive reno decks are there? how many there will be after we lose healbot, belcher, chow, creeper, malganys, voidcaller, boom, shredder, etc? and renolock actually has the flexibility to run multiple big threats thanks to numerous warlock board clears and the the reno heal, cthun decks will have third of the deck dedicated to okay minions statwise with zero extra effect until you get to play cthun, I honesty dont think the deck will have enough room for enough early game, anti aggro tech, sufficient board clears AND room for multiple big theats unless we get some broken Dr 6 and 7 equivalents for cthun decks

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like the mech decks that were super popular when they came out that WERE running Spider Tanks and Mech Yetis?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh top streamers aren't very smart. They release their opinions on the cards and then their rabid fanboys and fangirls parrot that opinion like it's factual. Just like all the pointless drivel every season about what fits into the "meta" and what doesn't. Truth of the matter is that until talented individuals get their hands on the cards and streamers piggyback off of their knowledge, the community won't know what's good and what's bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    how many competitive reno decks are there? how many there will be after we lose healbot, belcher, chow, creeper, malganys, voidcaller, boom, shredder, etc? and renolock actually has the flexibility to run multiple big threats thanks to numerous warlock board clears and the the reno heal, cthun decks will have third of the deck dedicated to okay minions statwise with zero extra effect until you get to play cthun, I honesty dont think the deck will have enough room for enough early game, anti aggro tech, sufficient board clears AND room for multiple big theats unless we get some broken Dr 6 and 7 equivalents for cthun decks
    They've already revealed two cards that have effects based on how buff C'Thun is when you play them. Expect more.

You're also forgetting that ALL decks are losing those cards, not just Reno decks. And all decks are simultaneously going to be gaining new tools. It's beyond stupid to try and judge the future quality of a deck against the current quality of a competing deck, especially when we only have a fraction of the information necessary to do so.

I really doubt that Blizzard's pushing this new C'Thun control archetype without keeping in mind the need for ways to stall the game until you can draw and play it.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-03-22 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no druid card that heals you if C'Thun has more than 10 attack. There IS a druid card that gains +5 health if C'Thun has more attack, turning it into 4/10 for 4 mana.

As for the Warrior card, its a 7 for 6/6 (Which is an empty mana slot atm, btw, so it can see use), and 10 armor is pretty decent. Chances are it will see use in control warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Since so much of this xpac and their approach to the game now mirrors Magic the Gathering I think it's work looking at how some of that game worked out.

The Voltron style decks, aka play a few small creatures to help summon a Big Baddy didn't ever do so well, and were basically left for the little kids to play because they thought it was cool. So unless the rest of the Old Gods work the same way C'thun does I think it's reasonably safe to say he's going to be the fun casual deck. I'd let the rest play out before jumping to conclusions, it might be that you only see C'thun in Casual rank after a week or so.

The 0 mana cost cards have the potential to be enormously powerful, if not completely broken. Everything that M:TG taught people about cards and their cost is that the when the card is cheaper than the effect it produces it is abusive in any kind of scenario where effects can be chained together, even if the effect is relatively minor or even ultimately irrelevant. Since these appear to be all class specific cards it diminishes it somewhat since you can't mix 0 cost spells from different classes like you could mix colors in M:TG but it will mean that niche interactions with neutral cards will have the ability to be far more explosive than we can predict and can only hope they playtested for. So as far as the 0 cost cards go I don't get why people are dismissing them out of hand. Lion's Eye Diamond was considered a horrible Black Lotus variant for quite a few years until people started to catch on to how it could be used, as well as other enabling cards being printed. Don't discount them at all.

Some of the cards are functional reprints for the most part, or tuned down reprints. Everyone expected this once Brode opened his mouth and let the Reprint word out of his mouth. Don't act surprised.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Since so much of this xpac and their approach to the game now mirrors Magic the Gathering I think it's work looking at how some of that game worked out.

The Voltron style decks, aka play a few small creatures to help summon a Big Baddy didn't ever do so well, and were basically left for the little kids to play because they thought it was cool. So unless the rest of the Old Gods work the same way C'thun does I think it's reasonably safe to say he's going to be the fun casual deck. I'd let the rest play out before jumping to conclusions, it might be that you only see C'thun in Casual rank after a week or so.

The 0 mana cost cards have the potential to be enormously powerful, if not completely broken. Everything that M:TG taught people about cards and their cost is that the when the card is cheaper than the effect it produces it is abusive in any kind of scenario where effects can be chained together, even if the effect is relatively minor or even ultimately irrelevant. Since these appear to be all class specific cards it diminishes it somewhat since you can't mix 0 cost spells from different classes like you could mix colors in M:TG but it will mean that niche interactions with neutral cards will have the ability to be far more explosive than we can predict and can only hope they playtested for. So as far as the 0 cost cards go I don't get why people are dismissing them out of hand. Lion's Eye Diamond was considered a horrible Black Lotus variant for quite a few years until people started to catch on to how it could be used, as well as other enabling cards being printed. Don't discount them at all.

Some of the cards are functional reprints for the most part, or tuned down reprints. Everyone expected this once Brode opened his mouth and let the Reprint word out of his mouth. Don't act surprised.
    The thing is these HS 0 mana cost cards don't really cost 0 mana like in Magic (you can play it at 0 mana but you won't produce any result-->0 mana deal 0 damage, 0 mana heal for 0,etc). They are flexible cards since you can pay 10 mana for them or just 1 mana but the end result is always inferior to other better cards. For example, if you want to deal 8 damage to a minion with the mage spell you need to pay 8 mana for it while Flame Lance deals the same amount of damage for only 5 mana and that card never saw play. No matter the cost you pay for the card (1-10) it is always a very inferior version to other mage spells. Sure, it's a flexible spell for killing minions but you can't even hit face with it.

Also, as a Magic player myself you can't really make certain comparisons like the one you did with "small creatures that summon a big daddy never worked in Magic so they won't work in HS". Hearthstone's mechanics make the game much more simple than Magic and it's not just the "minions can't block thing" as the lack of other mechanics like Instants, Enchantments or extremely good and efficient removal like the one Magic has is enough to cause huge differences in what types of deck become viable or not.

Finally, 1 week is generally not enough to find out if certain cards are good or not unless they were simply unplayable to begin with and that is not the case with the C'Thun cards. Just look at a card like Elise Starseeker that everyone said was gimmicky and unplayable and didn't see play during the first weeks but suddenly became extremely popular in warrior and priest decks at high Legend. The whole C'Thun deck mechanic might turn out to not be competitive enough to become a Tier 1 deck but if it's a low Tier 2/high Tier 3 deck it will be enough for many people to justify playing the deck. Personally I have no idea if it's going to be good or not because it is very hard to analyse an entirely new deck, it's not a single new card we are talking about. As for the other Old Gods I believe Ben Brode stated that only C'Thun will have minion support and the other 3 Old Gods will have entirely different mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2016-03-22 at 03:35 AM.

I jus hope WotG will give more cool cards (new or old) more gameplay value. I hope this every expansion and its never the case. So i guess also this time all stays the same. But hey...maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been some interesting cards and some flops but that happens with every expansion. Looking forward to N'Zoth, Hallazeal, Xaril, the new Rag, Undercity Huckster & Infest but blizzard is definitely trying to slow the game down.