Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    It's not about the people following the religion it is about the religion itself. The story of the man climbing the mountain and having the DMT experience... It is meant to be impactful. The story is meant to show its followers that there are certain rules set in stone. It is one of the "core rules" from the D&D guide.

Why doesn't the Koran emphasize such rules? Why is "Killing an innocent" almost a passing thought? You'd think it would be rule number 1.
    How about original sin? Everyone is born a sinner. Sounds awesome. Babies who die befor they´re baptized go straight to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    The numbers are not even close. In Europe the churches remove their crosses to not offend migrants........so yea.....
    Wow, that´s a wild claim even by your standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There is a difference between fighting back and invading 20 countries and murdering entire city's.
    I hope you can agree with that one.
    Sometimes you have to take drastic action.

Well I guess as much as I try to be tolerant it has reached a boiling point. I don't enjoy pointing fingers at people, but the faithful are fucking a lot of things up these days.

With so much factual information based on science and proof, it must be hard to be faithful. One day the Aliens are going to land, and show us Cell Phone pictures from when they hung out with Jesus back in the day, and shatter the christian religion itself with.... proof....

that'd be the day lol

"No no he didn't walk on water. He PASSED water... cause we drank so much that one night, woot! Check it out I got pics!"
    *Procedes to show pictures of a drunken Jesus peeing in a river*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Sometimes you have to take drastic action.
    And sometimes those have consequences.
    Just like the actions taken by these religious nut jobs at the moment will have consequences for a lot more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    And neither have I, I had a few Muslim friends in my old job back in the Netherlands and never had any issues with them till a few years back when they decided to kick a white friends teeth in for dating a Muslim girl.
    I have seen the bullshit that goes in that environment and decided that I did not want anything to do with it and broke off my friendship right then and there.
    1 of them is now a pretty extreme fucker living in Arnhem and swears to get back at the white people keeping him down.
    Have not spoken to him in 2 years so no idea what the story is now.

You keep saying "I don't live in a bubble so I am correct" to everyone that disagree's with you but you don't know what other people's story is, what they seen and what they done.
    Having an opinion on a subject that is not the same as yours does not make mine incorrect or wrong.

Maybe you should stop trying to bully people that don't agree with your standpoint.
    I never said those people don't exist, my problem with your statements are you define a whole group based on the actions of a few. The whole dating thing i know people still overly protective over their family and i know the opposite, this is tribal behavior leaning more to the region they came from then the religion they belong to since you see this sort of "blood honor" protection also in eastern europe and they are christian, i don't approve of it far from.

I had people radicalize also in my group, broke of contact with them but the vast majority doesn't. Also seems to happen more with berbers than turks, actually don't know any turk that radicalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Your post is so retarded that my retard-o-meter exploded.
    It is 100% true.

You have no arguments against it, so you resort in ad hominem attacks.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And that worked out very well, christians from this day on never killed anyone, ever.
    Ofc they have, many atrocity was committed in the name of god. Centuries ago. Its does not matter much for today.
    Also why does one always have to include other religions? this is akin to beating someone up and then justifying it by saying that "but X also did it!".

- - - Updated - - -

I´d say i can find comparable numbers for christians supporting the death penalty and that laws should be based on god and the holy book.
    Conjecture, and you likely won't. But give proof of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And sometimes those have consequences.
    Just like the actions taken by these religious nut jobs at the moment will have consequences for a lot more people.
    Consequences? I doubt it. We'll just hear more bad arguments about Breivik, the KKK, the Crusades and the WBC while pretending there's not a fundamental problem with Islam. More of the same, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consequences? I doubt it. We'll just hear more bad arguments about Breivik, the KKK, the Crusades and the WBC while pretending there's not a fundamental problem with Islam. More of the same, really.
    oh there are plenty of problems

Its just too bad that we have people advocating genocide while the real problem continues.

Islam is a hate religion. They say its about peace... lol. For the entire existence of their religion, they have never got along with anyone.

There was a study (can't find it) where they asked muslims if they support this terror and stuff like that. Well.. very small part of them agreed with the fundamentalists, but surprisingly huge portion of them had that "but..." there. They might not want to make bombs and kill everyone who insults their religion, but they sure look away and allow those that do want to do so without stopping them. So basically, if I recall, nearly half of muslims rather look away.

Fundamentalist muslims want to kill and behead you.
    Moderate muslims want the fundamentalists to kill you and behead you.

Anyway... religions are cancer of this world. Not just islam.

How about original sin? Everyone is born a sinner. Sounds awesome. Babies who die befor they´re baptized go straight to hell.
    That does not really affect behaviour though, nor does baptising someone do anything to them. Cutting foreskins however...
    Either way if you want to hate on christian beliefs, I'd suggest this:

Exodus 20:5 “You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me.”

Sins of the father, such a wonderful concept.
    Abrahamic religions are mind-cancer.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2016-03-22 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    “And KILL them (the unbelievers) wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.”

(Quran, Sura 2, verse 191).

Islam is a religion of hatred and genocide.
    How about you quote context instead of just the one bit that you like most?

Verse 190: Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.
    That is, people who attack you. Specifically telling you not to overdo it.

Verse 192: And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
    Specifically telling you to stop when they stop.

Verse 193: Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.
    Again, specifically telling you to stop fighting if you're not attacked.

By these passages, Islam promotes a defensive fight only. Sounds quite a bit different from your singling out that one verse. And you know what? It can be misinterpreted, shocking. But that's what propagandists are good at, tearing shit out of context and twisting facts until they suit your agenda. Islam is not inherently evil. Radicalised terrorists are.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    oh there are plenty of problems

Its just too bad that we have people advocating genocide while the real problem continues.
    I agree, we should talk about serious solutions, not fantasies. I'm tired of innocents being sacrificed on the altar of multiculturalism.

Well I guess as much as I try to be tolerant it has reached a boiling point. I don't enjoy pointing fingers at people, but the faithful are fucking a lot of things up these days.

With so much factual information based on science and proof, it must be hard to be faithful. One day the Aliens are going to land, and show us Cell Phone picture from when they hung out with Jesus back in the day, and shatter the christian religion itself with.... proof....

that'd be the day lol

"No no he didn't walk on water. He PASSED water... cause we drank so much that one night, woot! Check it out I got pics!"
    *Procedes to show pictures of a drunken Jesus peeing in a river*
    So much of religion is about the afterlife and family, that to dismiss it as elaborate fantasy is disrespectful to the huge majority of religious people who make up the human race.

Life is hard, for most people in the world. I mean really hard. The belief that the next life is better is incredibly alluring. But not only that, that you'll be reunited with their loved ones on the other side in this better world.

You want the foundation of religion? You got it right there. Escaping the fear of being devoured by the void in death, and something better than we have now, where all the people we loved and lost are back again.

Everything else - the rules and the stories and the miracles - all service that end point. In Christianity, faith in Jesus and following his rules gets you to this end point. In Islam, following Mohammed and his rules gets you to this exact same end point (give or take a few details).

"Science disproves it" looks at why religion persists in the modern world completely backwards. Fundamentally why do people want to believe? Not because they're particularly attracted to the mystery and fables of religion (though some are). But because it's an avenue to ease emotional suffering of some kind.

I'm as irreligious and atheist as they come. I'm also a scientist But who wouldn't want to be attracted to a vision of the world where my dead relatives are back in my life? In a world with less education and more hardship, that attraction would be overwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    "Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...
    but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief] and worship is for Allah alone. "
    http://quran.com/2/191-193

Saying that, is wrong. The Quran states that killing an innocent is wrong. And innocent is defined as a believer. The same way they do not see western women as deserving respect, because they are not covered and thus are as whores/slaves, which means there is no religious restrictions in how to treat them, i.e. in religious views is perfectly fine to rape them.
    (In theory ofc, most know better).

Edit: Also refer to Hadiths for a lot of interpretations, its not solely based on the Quran.
    Deliver me that quote about woman, rape also becomes a bargaining tool in the story of sodom and gomorrah.

Beyond that, read this about the killing of others rather long but considering you take the time to look up quotes you have the time to read it all

http://www.questionsonislam.com/node/13032

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have convinced people all over the world that Smoking is health hazard and should be discouraged. Why can't we do the same with religion by relentless tv ads, talks in schools? They should even put warnings on the fronts of churches letting people know the effects of religion, ala smoking.
    We don't indoctrinate small children into smoking and build up their worldview and morality on smoking from an early age. We don't teach them that smoking loves all the little children of the world and wants to bring them into his Kingdom.

Religion is a much stronger addiction than cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I agree with most things, but come to a different conclusion. See, among most Muslims, there isn't even a debate about whether or not Islam is peaceful. It is. They are just as abhorred by these terrorist attacks as you or I are. Perhaps even more, and they're just as scared as Europeans are, because people blame them for it!

If you want to have a meaningful discussion, talk about radicalised terrorists rather than Muslims in general. I have no objection to that. But everytime someoen just goes "Islam is evil" or "Muslims need to be dealt with", I will oppose that and point out that you're acting just like those terrorists are.

Islam, as an organized religion, needs an overhaul - it needs it badly, and it needs it fast. It quite simply needs a far, far better organization in order to strangle the legitimacy of entities like ISIS, something it is beyond poor at doing at the moment. Not to mention an even more sorely needed modernization, bringing the majority of the faith into the 21st century (hell, even the 20th century would be an improvement) in regards to morals, values and the like. Rather like what christianity went through a long time ago.

I do agree that it is entirely pointless to vilify all muslims or claiming that islam in itself is evil - and entirely wrong to equate islam and muslims - however, it is a very understandable reaction in the long term unless islam as an organized religion actually starts doing what it can to reform. That's where the main burden lie, although naturally far from all of it. While we can't force that change, inaction will simply mean that it remains a prolific breeding ground for terrorism, which in the long run would mean that the religion itself starts to become a valid target - something noone (sane) wants to happen. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but there you have it. Either way, lets hope for a reformation, because the future is looking bleak without one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, we should talk about serious solutions, not fantasies. I'm tired of innocents being sacrificed on the altar of multiculturalism.
    meet me in the middle somewhere and we could set an example.

Deleted
    The peacefull religion of Islam shows no mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    The SYRIZA radical leftist govt of Greece is indirectly responsible for this. They, with their retarded "open borders for everyone" policy have allowed this to happen by letting into the EU tens of thousands of radical Muslims and Jihadists.

The Minister of Defence, Panos KAMMENOS, has repeatedly threatened the EU of "letting into the EU Jihadists".
    They didn't sign up for containing all that human mass for all the Europe, did they?