Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You never needed 25 Treasure hunters even before the nerfs. Also having Harrison Jones means leveling that follower to epic 100 in a whopping 4-5 missions. People love to overstate the supposed difficulty of this stuff.
    Which involves doing harrison on top.

I don't think people here have any concept of 'slacking' if they are doing things on a character every day for weeks on end to see profit after a month or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care about making gold anymore, even with the BMAH, there is nothing to buy anymore, and people tend to blow their stuff at random crap you can buy for 2K, picture related:

http://i.imgur.com/tb7iRP6.png

Personally looking for ways to burn gold on my alts:
    http://i.imgur.com/ejXP5BH.png
    Last edited by Vexenar; 2016-03-23 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Yes getting fully minmaxed garrison on 11 characters does eat up a large chunk of time.
    I'm not feeling it because the process was spread over long period of time, but in the end it took me:

-building garrison to lv3 and all of its buildings x 11 characters
    -recruting 10-15 treasure hunters x 11 characters
    -doing 6 harrison jones quests x 11 characters
    -doing revered HoTP rep in tanaan x 11 characters
    -gearing up all those followers to i675 via running WOs in dwarven bunker for literally months
    -religiously logging all those alts for 400+ consecutive days to clear missions, work orders, profession cooldowns etc etc
    -grinding 4000 honour to enable pvp missions (200 + 200 gold), also x 11 chars and repeated upon season resets
    -gearing all alts to i675 to enable rare 6.2 missions (easy in 6.2.3 due to 700 pvp loot but before... not so much)

It's not slacking. I might have made 3.000.000 gold off garrison system by now but if you divide that by number of hours it took to minmax it, it won't be anything spectacular.

I make way more gold on selling crafted gear upgrades. Every 2.5 weeks I buy 3000 felblight for ca. 270k and sell crafted stuff for 700-800k, giving me about 400-500k profit. Crafting day takes me 1.5 - 2 hours (mailing all this shit to characters). To make gold this way you don't need months of preparation. All you need is crafting profession and the profession plot in garrison (with a proff follower). You just stack the BOP mats until you have enough and then you buy felblights on AH on wednesday when everybody is killing Kazzak. Buy, craft, sell, collect gold. No need to grind reps or gear followers for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Which involves doing harrison on top.

I don't think people here have any concept of 'slacking' if they are doing things on a character every day for weeks on end to see profit after a month or two.
    Yeah. Six quests each of which take like 5 minutes a day is such a time investment but hey let's keep beating this dead horse.

LOL thats pretty funny guess it for the lazy people

Yeah. Six quests each of which take like 5 minutes a day is such a time investment but hey let's keep beating this dead horse.
    Multiple weeks of checking and usually takes more than 5 minutes in travel alone. 15min more accurate. And calling it a dead horse doesn't negate that setting up garrisons is a lot of effort for *actual* casual players.

You tell someone they can make gold with any multi hour + capital expense and they'll turn it down, as well.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-03-23 at 03:52 PM.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Runing 29 garrisons atm and belive me when i tell you... you can run out of oil... start rerolling ships and on "new" 100 that have like 3-4k oil, before you will reroll ships you will run out of oil unless you get you self 2 "elf" ships (and reroll them at the end) and run oil missions every ~5h Also without greasemonkeys and doing 1 oil rig mission/day if you only clear TH/blockade missions you wont be gaining much oil on long run and if ship gets destroyed you are screwed again with ~2k oil and you are back on doing dailys :P In my garrisons im aiming for ~12 TH (at least 2 of each counter) / 4 scavangers / 4 monkeys and ofc all 10 dwarf/goblin ships, shipyard is usualy set long before main table and i usualy need at LEAST 2 months of seting up garrison if im also bit lucky with rerolling followers. Seting up garrison takes time and effort people that claim it doesnt they run max ~10 garrisons Today for example i was opening boxes.... for 4 hours... and there where only like 2000 of them from last 5 days.
    congratz on a career in garrisonville.

Honestly, the fact that some people consider doing 6 short quests like Harrisons as proof to call someone not "slacking" makes me worry about how lazy the wow community has become after more than a year with the garrison.

I agree with you, you can get enough followers with treasure hunter by logging in a few minutes every couple of days.
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post
    Honestly, the fact that some people consider doing 6 short quests like Harrisons as proof to call someone not "slacking" makes me worry about how lazy the wow community has become after more than a year with the garrison.

I agree with you, you can get enough followers with treasure hunter by logging in a few minutes every couple of days.
    Yes let's take this in a vacuum The whole point is it all adds up. Sending missions, setting up shipyard, logging in every day, trading, etc.

It's completely unrealistic to consider setting up multiple garrisons for full gold income as anything short of dedicated to it. It's like flipping on the AH and saying "oh I don't do anything". Yes you do. If I sat my friend infront of the computer he wouldn't have a full income garrison in a month. But apparently to have multiple is 'slacking'?

Only really need one elf ship, and that's temporary. But I only log on to check stuff in the morning before work, then after work, so having 9 hour oil mission is plenty good. Once oil is stockpiled, roll ships until satisfied, then flip the elf ship to whatever and it's done.

Regarding Harrison Jones...maybe it's me, but I find him somewhat overrated. I got him on my main after I already leveled several of my TH followers. I've got 4 other alts with 10ish TH followers all at 100 already (without Harrison). Having him on my main was nice for optimizing my TH crew (as far as leveling new followers with better spread of counters), but that's been it.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-03-23 at 04:12 PM.

OH well we went so far off the topic BTW that pic for grimoire for 500k+ gold is fake anyway. They day that was taken i went to check TSM bmah for that server and with short time there was like 1500g bid :>
    It's not fake, it's been pointed out that it wasn't on grim batol, but also the character linking the pic wasn't on grim batol but on draenor, then no one checked any more there, but it's never been proven that it wasn't 551k on draenor either.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    It's not fake, it's been pointed out that it wasn't on grim batol, but also the character linking the pic wasn't on grim batol but on draenor, then no one checked any more there, but it's never been proven that it wasn't 551k on draenor either.
    I have 5 chars on dreanor... im checking bmah daily no it wasnt there. + Aeslyn is GNOME ALLIANCE priest on Grim Batol (you can clearly see alliance garrison from pic and gnome priest), on day that was posted there where EXACTLY same items in BMAH on Grim Batol, just Grimior was on ~1500 gold bid with time SHORT (on pic its still medium) while those bracers where on ~20k (on pic they are 11k) so TSM BMAH page for Grim Batol was refreshed AFTER pic was taken (most obviously price cant go down over time on bracers) Again fake.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-03-23 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post

People love to project themselves as someone who works 80 hours a week to support their 9 kids and doesn't have more than 20 minutes a week of free time who chose to play an MMO of all things.

I have 5 chars on dreanor... im checking bmah daily no it wasnt there. + Aeslyn is GNOME ALLIANCE priest on Grim Batol (you can clearly see alliance garrison from pic and gnome priest), on day that was posted there where EXACTLY same items in BMAH on Grim Batol, just Grimior was on ~1500 gold bid with time SHORT (on pic its still medium) while those bracers where on ~20k (on pic they are 11k) so TSM BMAH page for Grim Batol was refreshed AFTER pic was taken (most obviously price cant go down over time on bracers) Again fake.
    Ah, ok, didn't check myself, but I've seen so silly bids that I wouldn't have been surprised with a 551k grimoire.

5 minutes is a bit of an understatement. It can take that long just to get to a garrison that has Harrison in it. There aren't nearly as many people that bother with listing their garrison in the group finder nowadays. If you can't find one, you have to ask in trade (good luck on a dead realm) or realmhop until you find a garrison with Harrison.

Actually doing the quest is more in the region of 15 minutes. With group finding and the actual questing you're looking at 1,5 to 2 hours per character. Potentially spread out over a few weeks because of bad RNG with which mission spawns.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    While i agree that the harrison quests take more than a 5 min each (exception : the Blessing of Beasts, that one is on the spot), flying does make them easier and faster. But definitely it is a time investment for ppl with more than 5 alts. Also, while i have no other proof than my own experience, i think the Harrison quests are on a rotation now, just like traders.

People love to project themselves as someone who works 80 hours a week to support their 9 kids and doesn't have more than 20 minutes a week of free time who chose to play an MMO of all things.
    When you don't have a valid argument just attack the person behind it, right?

I don't get why it's hard to accept that putting in a total double digit hours of your time doing content other than what they want to do is a lot of work. Just like most gold methods. The only advantage offered is that it continues to tick forever - which naturally overtime leads to great profits.

If someone asks me how to make some gold right now, depending on how much they need I'll just tell them to go do some old 25 hc raids instead. Not only is it considered more enjoyable for most, but has other perks, requires no capital, and the gold is with you within 2 hours with no monetary knowledge required. Taking 15 mins to clear firelands as and when seems a lot more casual to me (notice I don't even say weekly)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If someone asks me how to make some gold right now, depending on how much they need I'll just tell them to go do some old 25 hc raids instead. Not only is it considered more enjoyable for most, but has other perks, requires no capital, and the gold is with you within 2 hours with no monetary knowledge required. Taking 15 mins to clear firelands as and when seems a lot more casual to me (notice I don't even say weekly)
    25 hcs give more burst gold, let's say, for example I need to buy a blue carp at 5k and sell it at 20k, it will not stay in at 5k long, I can't rely on a blingtron mission to give me 4k, but I can do DS, FL, bwd and get 5,8k in 1h 20m even on an alt.

Like you said they don't require an investment, so nowadays I'm doing like 16-18 rounds of 25 hcs, it sure becomes time consuming at this point, but I only do it on the realms I need an edge other than pet flipping to reach gold cap quicker, once they're capped I leave them.

I only have 2 serious garrisons and even those aren't full of treasure hunters, because I just don't like that gameplay, I don't want to be forced to log 40 alts every single day (not to mention the time it takes to bring them to that level anyway), garrisons will be more efficient but at least with 25 hcs I'm actively doing something and I just log the chars I need to farm on, no obligation.

Ah, another zulian tiger, this time on arathor, logged it as soon as auctions reset, as 2nd realm tonight, and not in time, was 954k already, seems like you only get a chance nowadays for removed mounts, the first realm you log, no matter which it is (was a low pop which didn't even cap sha instantly few days ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The gold cap is ~11m/~22m per realm for everyone. People on connected realms can be higher. What I said isn't wrong, despite the other posters comment.
    I can have up to 55m on my server. I only have 2 of course...
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.