Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't have any sympathy for the stabber but that solider needs to face the military tribune for his action, soldiers can not act as judge, jury and executioner in these circumstances.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I just watched the uncensored video.

By any reasonable definition, this was an unlawful execution, probably a war crime.

It doesn't matter what the Palestinian did, or who he is. He was wounded, lying on the pavement and a threat to nobody at that point (and notably, wasn't receiving medical attention).

From the start of the video to the time his head was blown open, minutes pass. This was a calculated decision toe execute someone for all intents and purposes in custody already.

The facts of this seem pretty clear cut.
    IDF is investigating all IDF members present for not rendering aid to the Palestinians according to what I read.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    I wonder how would America would react if rockets were fired at it's cities
    @Pangean, You're american right? can you help me out?
    Mexican cartels engage in narcoterrorism in southern border states that is FAR deadlier than Palestinian issues. Even the snowstorms that Canada launches at New York are deadlier than Palestinian rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    IDF is investigating all IDF members present for not rendering aid to the Palestinians according to what I read.
    Dont think anything will happend to them, the guy who shot him could go to jail for a while though.

I just watched the uncensored video.

By any reasonable definition, this was an unlawful execution, probably a war crime.

It doesn't matter what the Palestinian did, or who he is. He was wounded, lying on the pavement and a threat to nobody at that point (and notably, wasn't receiving medical attention).

From the start of the video to the time his head was blown open, minutes pass. This was a calculated decision toe execute someone for all intents and purposes in custody already.

The facts of this seem pretty clear cut.
    for the purposes of the OP, it does matter what the palestinian did, and it's hypocritical to focus more on the IDF soldier than on the stabber who had attacked.

man comes up and stabs a person - just stabs them out of whatever - pure hate, gets subdued and killed by a soldier - soldier kills a killer, killer stabs a random person - and we are up in arms about the soldier's morality - the lot of you who sit down and eat vigilante justice in the comics you so love. Furthermore, this ends up not even been a post by the OP about said questions of marality - but all on the state of Israel.

Shake my head, you know, before you go clawing for the sawdust in the IDF soldiers eye, be sure to proportionately adress the gaping plank in the stabber.

Terrorists are not freedom fighters, they are not liberating a land from oppression or unlawful occupants, this is not Africa and western colonisation of medieval/early industrial era, this is not a fight against an arpatheid state, it's nothing like that at all, stop romanticising evil terrorism and standing up for murderers. This is terrorism, it is sick twisted stuff, stop eating the anti-semite propaganda cookie.

IT happens in Belgium you call it terrorism and unilaterally condemn it, it happens in Israel, you have issues with Israel defending itself and call such a defense war crimes.

Sheesh.. hypocrite much? Blind much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    for the purposes of the OP, it does matter what the palestinian did, and it's hypocritical to focus more on the IDF soldier than on the stabber who had attacked.

man comes up and stabs a person - just stabs them out of whatever - pure hate, gets subdued and killed by a soldier - soldier kills a killer, killer stabs a random person - and we are up in arms about the soldier's morality - the lot of you who sit down and eat vigilante justice in the comics you so love. Furthermore, this ends up not even been a post by the OP about said questions of marality - but all on the state of Israel.

Shake my head, you know, before you go clawing for the sawdust in the IDF soldiers eye, be sure to proportionately adress the gaping plank in the stabber.

Terrorists are not freedom fighters, they are not liberating a land from oppression or unlawful occupants, this is not Africa and western colonisation of medieval/early industrial era, this is not a fight against an arpatheid state, it's nothing like that at all, stop romanticising evil terrorism and standing up for murderers. This is terrorism, it is sick twisted stuff, stop eating the anti-semite propaganda cookie.

IT happens in Belgium you call it terrorism and unilaterally condemn it, it happens in Israel, you have issues with Israel defending itself and call such a defense war crimes.

Sheesh.. hypocrite much? Blind much?
    It fundamentally does not matter.

The stabber could have been doing something entirely different. He could have been feasting on a baby in the middle of the road. He could have been laying a nuclear weapon. What he was doing is utterly irrelevant after he was disabled. At the point at which he was shot through the skull, he was laying on his back doing nothing but bleeding from his prior wounding.

And disabled, he clearly was, and not being attended at all. The ambulance even drives away. Laying on the pavement, he was not a threat to anyone. He was a defeated enemy, terrorist, whatever. The label is irrelevant. He was controlled and in custody.

That's what makes this unlawful. It's fundamentally different if a sniper blows off an active terrorists' head off if he's throwing grenades or about to set off a bomb or something. But one that's been contained to the extent they're lying on their back wounded, unable to even sit up?

He could have been feasting on a baby in the middle of the road.
    I think most military and police in any country would take him out asap if that would be the case lol.

Deleted
    You know, terrorists tend to have vests filled with explosives. This particular one has clearly shown malicious intent and the soldier took no chances.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

*snip*
    no one was saying it was lawful.
    he was pointing out the hypocrisy of focusing on the soldier, and then trying to blame the whole of Israel for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I think most military and police in any country would take him out asap if that would be the case lol.
    No way. If he was injured first, but still very much alive and the baby feasting was over? Not a chance. Even properly trained police forces.

The thing is I'm seeing from this thread, is that some folks feel that it's alright to shoot dead a disabled but alive terrorist, disabled baby eater, disabled whatever, because what he was doing "makes him deserve it".

That isn't remotely how things work. That is why the developed world has laws, courts and procedure. Things like that separates us from the barbarians. It's kind of important.

It's perfectly natural to feel a visceral feeling. To want to slowly drown a terrorists in a pool of his own blood. To make him feel fear and pain as he dies. That's anger. That's human. It also spreads like wildfire and becomes dangerous and destabilizing to societies where that treatment is the norm.

Not executing baby eaters on sight may be frustrating, but that act of restraint acts as a layer of protection for ourselves, from ourselves.

lmfao only a terrorist supporter or maybe tennisace would have the nerve to post this.

that soldier will skate and probably be allowed to drive the bulldozer that demolishes the house that stabber family lives in

It fundamentally does not matter.

The stabber could have been doing something entirely different. He could have been feasting on a baby in the middle of the road. He could have been laying a nuclear weapon. What he was doing is utterly irrelevant after he was disabled. At the point at which he was shot through the skull, he was laying on his back doing nothing but bleeding from his prior wounding.

And disabled, he clearly was, and not being attended at all. The ambulance even drives away. Laying on the pavement, he was not a threat to anyone. He was a defeated enemy, terrorist, whatever. The label is irrelevant. He was controlled and in custody.

That's what makes this unlawful. It's fundamentally different if a sniper blows off an active terrorists' head off if he's throwing grenades or about to set off a bomb or something. But one that's been contained to the extent they're lying on their back wounded, unable to even sit up?
    it does matter to the context of this topic, which is not about morality, but about Israel.

and if we were discussing morality and really cared about right or wrong, we'd have much more to say against the stabber than the soldier. And that is where the hypocrisy is rooted. This is not about right or wrong, not a discussion of values or even the wider causes ...it's a QQ about Israel in a dis-ingenuious way.

no one was saying it was lawful.
    he was pointing out the hypocrisy of focusing on the soldier, and then trying to blame the whole of Israel for that.
    Trying to blame the whole of Israel for that is stupid and sloppy. Anyone doing that misseed international law 101. But we shouldn't be surprised. During the Iraq War, people wanted the ICC to investigate the US for war crimes. and the ICC prosecutor at the time explained on more than one occasion that countries as legal entities don't commit war crimes, people do, and those crimes are specific events and actions, not general.

Of course, lots of folks didn't care.

But in this case the solder should be focused on. It's SUPPOSED to be entirely unfair to Israel right? They're a first world, developed, rich, advanced country. They should be held to that higher standard. They're military is supposedly one of the best in the region and highly professional. We should expect more from Israeli soldiers. Especially considering the degree to which we subsidize their security. That is unless, we now don't want to hold them to that higher standard, and they can be "at the same level" of the Palestinians, whose record of failure is the only historically meaningful thing they've accomplished since Oslo.

Israel's a tough country. If they can't take being under the microscope because some of it's soldiers acted improperly, then their entire reason for being is mostly a sham. But that's not the case. No country in the world, no military in the world, has a perfect record. Military's are big organizations. Rotten apples get in. It's part of the way things are. It'll do well by itself to identify and purge itself of the malefactors. Trying to wash this away or dance around it only undermines Israel's security and international position in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it does matter to the context of this topic, which is not about morality, but about Israel.

and if we were discussing morality and really cared about right or wrong, we'd have much more to say against the stabber than the soldier. And that is where the hypocrisy is rooted. This is not about right or wrong, not a discussion of values or even the wider causes ...it's a QQ about Israel in a dis-ingenuious way.
    The only moral question at issue here is of executing a defeated terrorist lying in the middle of the road. It doesn't matter if Israel did it or not. It could have been a lizard-person blowing off the head of a defeated and disabled lobster-man on Dinosaur Island. It's immoral and illegal to do it no matter who does it and no matter the situation.

An Israeli soldier just-so-happens to have been the ones who did it in this case, to Palestinian. Doubtless, things like this have happened countless times in prior years elsewhere in the world, where people had "their reasons" too for and against I'm sure. But then, as here, irrelevant. Disabled and in de-facto custody people, terrorists, lobster-men on the ground, don't get shot in the head at a whim.

Look, I ain't saying you're an hypocrite.. but i ain't sayin' you aren't...
    You know if you had just kept reading you would have come across this;
    the ICC prosecutor at the time explained on more than one occasion that countries as legal entities don't commit war crimes, people do, and those crimes are specific events and actions, not general.

Look, I ain't saying you're an hypocrite.. but i ain't sayin' you aren't...
    You left out this part in your sad and pathetic attempt to make an artificial point. The best part is, it was litterally the next sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe
    During the Iraq War, people wanted the ICC to investigate the US for war crimes. and the ICC prosecutor at the time explained on more than one occasion that countries as legal entities don't commit war crimes, people do, and those crimes are specific events and actions, not general.
    Israel didn't commit a 'war crime'. Israel can't legally commit war crimes. It's a country. Countries can't commit war crimes and anyone who says otherwise is factually/legally wrong. Buy an individual soldier can and (probably in this case) did.

Pro tip, if you're going to try to pull that kind of "turn a person's quote against them" stunt, make sure the evidence refuting the point you're trying to make isn't actually in the sentence following the quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Post got nuked. Lulz. Somebody needs to read more carefully in the future.

It's okay, we all make mistakes.

7+ Year Old Account
    You left out this part in your sad and pathetic attempt to make an artificial point. The best part is, it was litterally the next sentence

Israel didn't commit a 'war crime'. Israel can't legally commit war crimes. It's a country. Countries can't commit war crimes and anyone who says otherwise is factually/legally wrong. Buy an individual soldier can and (probably in this case) did.

Pro tip, if you're going to try to pull that kind of "turn a person's quote against them" stunt, make sure the evidence refuting the point you're trying to make isn't actually in the sentence following the quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Post got nuked. Lulz. Somebody needs to read more carefully in the future.

It's okay, we all make mistakes.
    He is a cheeky fellow, deleted it without even an apology.

Hey, i deleted it before they even quoted me..
    I realized what i wrote was incorrect and pointless.

try to calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Shooting a disarmed terrorist (or whatever you call it) is illegal. This is pretty much execution on the spot. The guy should be brought to court and kicked from the army.
    illegal in what country? Yours or theirs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    illegal in what country? Yours or theirs?
    Both. Why do you think the IDF member was arrested? Bad haircut?