Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For me at least, it's the problem of Itami not having as much to do with the JSDF. Almost everything he does is his own adventure or linked to his harem.
    I think that hit the nail on the head for me.

So far I think Grimgar might end up being my favorite of the season, although I find the fanservice really jarring at times (the series would be so much better without it...). But you touched on why I liked it: violence is...violent. You have to stab a living, sentient being to death for your job and it is traumatic. It makes it less a self-insert about a video game world and more focused on what it would be like to start at the bottom in a fantasy medieval world.
    Yeah, in most of these video game anime there's a complete disconnect from the violent actions they're carrying out and what they're going. And if they do try and emulate what Grimgar has managed to achieve, it always comes across as cheesy and forced. Because it's a video game. And that's incredibly evident in most of these shows and they don't typically try too hard to make you think otherwise. Grimgar definitely does well in that department. Grimgar has just enough video game elements and typical fantasy/medieval elements that they both work together really well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    What do you think about the musical montages in grimgar?

also, watch konosuba next
    I like them. I think the OST is fantastic. What Neichus said is true to an extent for me, but I still enjoy them.

Konosuba is probably next. That or Erased. I'm leaning towards Konosuba though.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    TNC is an interesting read, i like the start of the story
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    very cute .

- - - Updated - - -

also good .
    Very cute probs gonna roll on her when she is added to the servant pool limited or not whenever that will be.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    TNC is an interesting read, i like the start of the story
    link ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    They're all lying, the true reasons why we watched Grimgar were Yume and Mary.
    looking at your new avatar it makes me wonder what lewd things happened to her when she was in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    link ?
    http://gravitytales.com/the-nine-cauldrons/ Its also done by IET The start of TNC is like the mortal realm of CD/ST combined with Hitman
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking at your new avatar it makes me wonder what lewd things happened to her when she was in prison.
    Don't know but she was genuinely happy when Itami went there to save her. He could actually become king at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Don't know but she was genuinely happy when Itami went there to save her. He could actually become king at this point.
    pls. are you implying he would take a princess over a loli demigod?

- - - Updated - - -

Hentai in the future is going to be so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    pls. are you implying he would take a princess over a loli demigod?
    Why not both

And talking about Rory, she was cute sitting on his lap inside the car.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d59O6cfaM0
    The Hololens has a very irritating problem that they never show on videos though, its actual FoV is small as shit.

You have a tiny little rectangle in the midlle of your vision where the headset can actually render the mixed reality, it doesn't cover the entire glass and it's just super...

15+ Year Old Account
    honestly i wish i could just freeze myself until the future

i'm just going to save so i can retire as early as possible then live my life in anime when i am an old man until i die

orange PV teaser. Starts Summer:

Just finished "She and Her Cat - Everything Flows." I liked it.

What it did fantastically was introduce a few simple characters, a basic conflict, and a resolution in the space of 20 minutes of screen time. It made us care for them, worry when things were bad, and feel warm when things went well. It was extremely sweet with a nice message of how life continues and the importance of connections between us.

If I would have one complaint, it's that as much as I like cats they're not a very good organism for this sort of story. Clearly it's being anthropomorphic with its depiction of Daru, but cats on the whole just don't have that type of caring personality to begin with. But they needed a narrator and dogs aren't particular popular in Japan (at least if I can go by how many people own cats vs. dogs in anime).

In any case, I don't want to dwell on that too much because it's not a real criticism. It's definitely worth 20 minutes of time it takes to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

On a personal note, it is a little strange watching these sorts of series of late. I've spent the last decade of my life in a pretty deep hole. My own mental habits were ones of repression of any strong emotions, positive or negative, aided by medication. As I've begun to climb out of that dark place with a meaningful job and prospects for the future I've released the emotional grip slightly. In addition, since December haven't been on any prescription drugs. This has made emotional series such as She and Her Cat have a much sharper impact, and I find myself choking up just a little rather than staring at them with flat analysis. I don't think I'll ever value being emotional, but this experience is kind of like seeing a new color that makes the world just a little prettier.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2016-03-26 at 04:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neichus, I really suggest you watch Aria.

I know at first you might think it's drivel, but I highly recommend you watch it in it's entirety.

but this experience is kind of like seeing a new color that makes the world just a little prettier.
    This is Aria summed up in a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Neichus, I really suggest you watch Aria.

I know at first you might think it's drivel, but I highly recommend you watch it in it's entirety.
    I'm game for it. It doesn't sound bad from the description, and I'm happy to give a series a few episodes to give me an impression of what is up. I just need to get around to it along with all the other series I keep thinking would be nice to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: okay, and good news it's on Hulu so I'm set.

Just finished "She and Her Cat - Everything Flows." I liked it.

If I would have one complaint, it's that as much as I like cats they're not a very good organism for this sort of story. Clearly it's being anthropomorphic with its depiction of Daru, but cats on the whole just don't have that type of caring personality to begin with. But they needed a narrator and dogs aren't particular popular in Japan (at least if I can go by how many people own cats vs. dogs in anime).

In any case, I don't want to dwell on that too much because it's not a real criticism. It's definitely worth 20 minutes of time it takes to watch.
    See I find that funny because my cat is very affectionate and perceptive and picks up on my moods very easily. When I'm down, she is very loving and sweet and wants to rub up against me and sit in my lap and does her best to make me feel better. Because my Zoey is the way she is, this show really hit home.

I don't know what I would have done these last 6 years without my cat.

On a personal note, it is a little strange watching these sorts of series of late. I've spent the last decade of my life in a pretty deep hole. My own mental habits were ones of repression of any strong emotions, positive or negative, aided by medication. As I've begun to climb out of that dark place with a meaningful job and prospects for the future I've released the emotional grip slightly. In addition, since December haven't been on any prescription drugs. This has made emotional series such as She and Her Cat have a much sharper impact, and I find myself choking up just a little rather than staring at them with flat analysis. I don't think I'll ever value being emotional, but this experience is kind of like seeing a new color that makes the world just a little prettier.
    This is exactly why certain shows hit me really hard, especially shows themed around friendship and family, as I've lost several close friends and relatives over the past 15 years or so. Depression runs in my family and it's affected me and my two sisters (my little brother is fortunate and doesn't have any of these issues, thank god) so I've been more or less down since my teenage years when I first started showing signs. Between drinking and drugs I spent a lot of time numb to things, or at least trying to be because I've always been a person with a ton of empathy. I can't watch a show like She and Her Cat without relating and feeling what the characters are feeling. That's part of the reason that Oregairu s2 sits as my favorite show, I see myself in pretty much all of the characters, but especially Yukinoshita.

I've found that watching these shows that make me emotional help me process stress and work through the things that are on my mind, and for that I'm really grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    orange PV teaser. Starts Summer:

@Neichus this is a manga you would probably really enjoy due to what you posted above.

I'm game for it. It doesn't sound bad from the description, and I'm happy to give a series a few episodes to give me an impression of what is up. I just need to get around to it along with all the other series I keep thinking would be nice to watch.

Edit: okay, and good news it's on Hulu so I'm set.
    Let me know when you start watching it and I'll watch it with you.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of Orange, some of the voice cast was revealed. Kana Hanazawa continues to be in everything.

Naho Takamiya: Kana Hanazawa
    Azusa Murasaka: Natsumi Takamori
    Takako Chino: Rika Kinugawa

- - - Updated - - -

PSO2 ep 11 - still in the realm of "so bad it's good," evil Rina is badass

10+ Year Old Account
    Puttting everything of my stuff away at work, 5 mins before shift is over fucking machine decides to break. Hooray for 2 extra hours work l, hooray for saturday being ruined. Idk why i'm even going to bed, might as well just stay awake.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    PSO2 ep 11 - still in the realm of "so bad it's good," evil Rina is badass
    Totally have to agree with the "so bad it's good". It's really reminiscent to experiences most people that played MMO's have had. The silent/shy kid that's a huge troll in game, the roleplayers that make you roll your eyes, getting way to into your first MMO,... And of course Aika's autism from time to time, but the best part of the whole show is of course Rina.

- - - Updated - - -

Muv luv news - Looks like Schwarzesmarken VN is going to get a partial release on steam, and depending on how it does, it might get a full translation as well. Also, first gift bags from the KS are being sent out.

10+ Year Old Account

Also:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the DR3 anime, I REALLY hope they have a good plan. The DR1 anime with 13 episodes was barely enough to tell the story, including big cuts. When we now get 2 "arcs" in 1 show, thats basically 6 episodes per arc (undless it's 2-cour or one is an OVA or something like that). And I really doubt that will be enough to tell the story.

So I didn't realize there was a S;G movie until I read something about it on /a/ so I decided to watch it. Fantastic movie, Kurisu a best 9/10