Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You getting this upset about it is idiotic too.
    No, it's not. The pose isn't really even the problem here.

It's another example of Blizzard removing something from the game because some butthurt child said it was problematic.

Complaining about a nonsexual pose being sexual and using a "think of the children" reductive, puritanical argument is nowhere near the same as being against a company self-censoring because some dumbass cried about it.

Especially when the things being removed are being removed for all players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, then we're back to, "Why change it?"

I'm always seeing this weird logic. People will complain about something enough to get it changed, and then when people ask, "Why was that changed?" we hear, "It's no big deal now!"

Well...was it or wasn't it?
    It's typical circular logic that they throw out when people stand against their stupid shit. You hit the nail on the head.

If it wasn't a big deal when people are annoyed they're removing it, then clearly it wasn't a big deal when they were bitching about it.

Like with 'Tyrande's Silence' or Jaina's vendor trash portrait that said "before she was crazy."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I assume then you also think that the three male poses that is exactly the same are sexy too and should be removed?

Or is Tracer standing there and you see the back of her model problematic for some reason and the others aren't?
    She's in skin tight pants, arching her back, you can literally see her but crack. So yeah other characters have over the shoulder shots but this one looks more sexual. And again - personally don't think it's a huge deal. Like I think that this is something that a lot of people miss - just because us SJWs complain about something being sexist or objectifying doesn't mean we think it's this heinous crime and that the developers are awful people. It's ultimately a pretty insignificant issue and personally I didn't take any issue with it. And the same should be true in reverse. It's being removed, so what? There was no huge controversy here, one person pointed it out and Blizzard agreed with them. It's ridiculous to paint this as some sort of coercive censorship scenario.

I'll also point out that the OP in the thread is not taking issue with the pose just because it's sexy. But because it's out of nowhere sexy. A character like Widowmaker, well for better or worse she's an overtly sexy character. She's a femme fatale. Makes sense for her to have sexy poses. Tracer on the other hand is this silly, friendly adorkable girl so I can see why the OP thinks that this sexy pose is a little out of character. It's just sexy for sexiness' sake.

Cool, now lets change the 'core blimey guv' cockney ascent and we're perfect.

I'm always seeing this weird logic. People will complain about something enough to get it changed, and then when people ask, "Why was that changed?" we hear, "It's no big deal now!"

It's not strange logic. It's offensive to some people. Not offensive to you. It should be offensive to no one. Thus, it's removed. It shouldn't bother you since it never bothered you to begin with.

What actually bothers you is that certain people happen to have different opinions than you. Oh no!

She's in skin tight pants, arching her back, you can literally see her but crack. So yeah other characters have over the shoulder shots but this one looks more sexual. And again - personally don't think it's a huge deal. Like I think that this is something that I think a lot of people miss - just because us SJWs complain about something being sexist or objectifying doesn't mean we think it's this heinous crime and that the developers are awful people. It's ultimately a pretty insignificant issue and personally I didn't take any issue with it. And the same should be true in reverse. It's being removed, so what? There was no huge controversy here, one person pointed it out and Blizzard agreed with them.
    Jesus Christ.

Here's a novel thought.

Don't use the pose.

No, it's not. The pose isn't really even the problem here.

It's another example of Blizzard removing something from the game because some butthurt child said it was problematic.

Complaining about a nonsexual pose being sexual and using a "think of the children" reductive, puritanical argument is nowhere near the same as being against a company self-censoring because some dumbass cried about it.

Especially when the things being removed are being removed for all players.
    Okay. It's not a problem for you. Clearly, it was a problem for some people. I don't understand what your issue is. Again, it has nothing to do with the pose but with other people having an opinion different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Cool, now lets change the 'core blimey guv' cockney ascent and we're perfect.
    Yep totally I'm a Londoner and I find her accent offensive too. Change plz

This. It's so disingenuous.

First they complain until it's changed and they get what they want.

Then, when people turn around and go "Hey, this is bullshit. This change wasn't needed.", the response is

"LOL MANBABY WHY DOES IT EVEN MATTER? You're just as bad as those you're condemning! LOL!"

It's not strange logic. It's offensive to some people. Not offensive to you. It should be offensive to no one. Thus, it's removed. It shouldn't bother you since it never bothered you to begin with.

What actually bothers you is that certain people happen to have different opinions than you. Oh no!
    The fact that the irony of this statement hasn't given you a bloody nose with how badly it should have smacked you in the face is really impressive.

The fact that the irony of this statement hasn't given you a bloody nose with how badly it should have smacked you in the face is really impressive.
    I'm sorry, what.

Okay. It's not a problem for you. Clearly, it was a problem for some people. I don't understand what your issue is. Again, it has nothing to do with the pose but with other people having an opinion different than yours.
    Everything is a problem for someone somewhere. Doesn't mean it's a valid reason to change it.

3 male characters have a pose like that added to them. No complaints. No removal.

It's a double-standard, and it's a false complaint.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    *Shrugs* It's a change in her standing pose... seriously not that big of a deal.
    It's not that they are changing the pose. It's that they are changing the pose because *EVERYONE* should be comfortable.

I'm not comfortable with how fit and toned the males are. I want every male to look like the fat dude. Now the people who are fat in the world feel like it's unfair to make everyone fat and they are uncomfortable with fat people being so prominent, so everyone is now a robot so they aren't humanoid in anyway.

There is no line if you let people tell you what makes them uncomfortable and then change it because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Everything is a problem for someone somewhere. Doesn't mean it's a valid reason to change it.

3 male characters have a pose like that added to them. No complaints. No removal.

Frankly Hanzo being a buff half-shirtless guy is really offensive to me as a fat white man.

They really need to change it.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ.

Here's a novel thought.

Don't use the pose.
    I really don't get why you're getting so worked up over me saying "I don't think this is a big deal but I can see where the OP is coming from."

Uh, so complain about it if it bothers you? How is it a false complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    The overwatch beta forums are pretty much blowing up with posts regarding this change. I'd post a picture but not sure if it's against the ToS.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

This. It's so disingenuous.

First they complain until it's changed and they get what they want.

Then, when people turn around and go "Hey, this is bullshit. This change wasn't needed.", the response is

"LOL MANBABY WHY DOES IT EVEN MATTER? You're just as bad as those you're condemning! LOL!"
    So in your mind, those are the same people? Don't be such a baby.

Frankly Hanzo being a buff half-shirtless guy is really offensive to me as a fat white man.

They really need to change it.
    Don't tell us, tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    She's in skin tight pants, arching her back, you can literally see her but crack. So yeah other characters have over the shoulder shots but this one looks more sexual. And again - personally don't think it's a huge deal. Like I think that this is something that a lot of people miss - just because us SJWs complain about something being sexist or objectifying doesn't mean we think it's this heinous crime and that the developers are awful people. It's ultimately a pretty insignificant issue and personally I didn't take any issue with it. And the same should be true in reverse. It's being removed, so what? There was no huge controversy here, one person pointed it out and Blizzard agreed with them. It's ridiculous to paint this as some sort of coercive censorship scenario.

I'll also point out that the OP in the thread is not taking issue with the pose just because it's sexy. But because it's out of nowhere sexy. A character like Widowmaker, well for better or worse she's an overtly sexy character. She's a femme fatale. Makes sense for her to have sexy poses. Tracer on the other hand is this silly, friendly adorkable girl so I can see why the OP thinks that this sexy pose is a little out of character. It's just sexy for sexiness' sake.
    So 'adorkable' has to be neutered.

Thanks.

Now it's an insult. Cool. I'll make sure to tell the jackass that called me that the reason he as a fat lip is because SJWs turned it into a passive aggressive way to call you unattractive.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I don't see the problem with that pose... It isn't that sexual at all. Maybe it's the outfit that makes someone distracted while she's in that pose, which you can even adjust by changing her outfit to a "less sexy" one when she's standing like that. Whatever...

They definitely shoudn't apologize for consumers getting ideas in their heads and then getting mad about their own messed up ideas.

I think the complaint is along the lines of something like "I want that dude changed because he has bigger muscles than me and I hate that". It's ridiculous.