Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It isn't nearly as bad of a movie as rotten tomatoes makes it out to be. The worst part of the movie is that the second act could have some fluff cut out of it. As it is it kind of jumps back and forth like you are watching two different TV shows and switching because of commercials on the other one.

Didn't like Doomsday's design, but I doubt anyone did. Oh well. I thought Jesse Eisenberg was fine as Lex Luthor, Henry Cavil was just as good at Superman as he was before, Gal Gadot was fine as Wonder Woman (Her entrance into the final fight scene got a rounding applause at my theater) and Ben Affleck destroyed all the haters by being the best Batman yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you ever fought a jew from israel whos undergone full training? gal gadot is tough as shit.
    It doesn't seem like you have any clue what you are talking about.
    When did you fight Gal Gadot or Ronda Rousey for that matter to be able to have anything to draw your conclusions from?

Right i forgot you maybe have a crystal ball that you get your information from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    When did you fight Gal Gadot or Ronda Rousey for that matter to be able to have anything to draw your conclusions from?

Right i forgot you maybe have a crystal ball that you get your information from.
    Well, she was in Mossad. Those guys are scary. She can probably kill you 18 different ways with a paper clip.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2016-03-29 at 06:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole conversation about being able to take down a fighter who trains for MMA versus a military soldier who is trained to debilitate and or murder people is stupid. No member of the military would be able to instantly become a MMA superstar b/c they don't use any of those moves or rule sets.

Could they kill someone in a street brawl or in a SWAT raid? Yeah, that's what they are trained to do. They'd probably kick you in the sack and then break your neck. Almost none of this is relevant to the discussion of this movie and it implies people have little knowledge of MMA or even competitive fighting in general.

Get back to talking about the movie, or just WW in general. Most people think she's too scrawny to be WW b/c WW is supposed to be an Amazon, but I suggest we don't focus on someone's body (much like the whole garbage with Rey from SW) and we just think about how they write the character and how the actress carries herself. I don't know how anyone could comment on that until we see her solo movie tbh.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Well, she was in Mossad. Those guys are scary. She can probably kill you 18 different ways with a paper clip.
    She wasn't in Mossad ffs, she was a combat instructor for a few years, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You obviously know little of being physically fit.
    He was training for the sake of enduring and recovering quickly.
    lol, calm yer tits
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oh man, you know it's bad when even the optimist bashes the film.

Stopped at 51 seconds in because it was loaded with bs. First off all I mean sure he's talking about the cinematic universe being ripped off and then claiming that "DC can't write anything original", but in the actual comic book world Marvel ripped most of their characters off a DC counterpart. Much less his starting rant about it being 12 movies claiming the Batman origin which is barely touched on to give people who somehow have lived in a cave a glimpse, but it was so brief you can't say it was the origin story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post

im jewish, ive seen people who get the training you get in israel, the people who go through that are not people you want to mess with, theres a reason why you dont fuck around when you go to israel
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Watched the movie, going to watch again in Imax, tbh I really enjoyed it and I loved Affleck. Sure I had a problem with Doomsday, but I found those vision scenes outstanding!

except age of ultron was good
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post
    Watched the movie, going to watch again in Imax, tbh I really enjoyed it and I loved Affleck. Sure I had a problem with Doomsday, but I found those vision scenes outstanding!

Really?
    yes, it was a better movie in every single way, ultron got alot more done than loki ever did and was just as charismatic and childish, the chemistry between the cast was better and flowed better, everyone was at their peak and knew what they were doing.

avengers was a nervous mess that didnt flow well, the cast got little to no character development because they had to spend so much time explaining and giving reasons why they were in the same room.

if you take loki out of avengers it becomes a really shitty movie. loki was a shortcut, thats why marvel told whedon he HAD to use loki, because they knew how hard it is to do a teamup movie for the first time. could you imagine how shitty avengers wouldve been if they ALSO had to juggle a villain intro as well as the team formation? loki and cap carries the movie.

but avengers is a lighter, hip hip hoorah popcorn flick and its the culmination and really first of its kind in cinema so its got nostalgia backing it, there will never be another avengers, atleast not for a very very long time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

yes, it was a better movie in every single way, ultron got alot more done than loki ever did and was just as charismatic and childish, the chemistry between the cast was better and flowed better, everyone was at their peak and knew what they were doing.

avengers was a nervous mess that didnt flow well, the cast got little to no character development because they had to spend so much time explaining and giving reasons why they were in the same room.

if you take loki out of avengers it becomes a really shitty movie. loki was a shortcut, thats why marvel told whedon he HAD to use loki, because they knew how hard it is to do a teamup movie for the first time. could you imagine how shitty avengers wouldve been if they ALSO had to juggle a villain intro as well as the team formation? loki and cap carries the movie.

but avengers is a lighter, hip hip hoorah popcorn flick and its the culmination and really first of its kind in cinema so its got nostalgia backing it, there will never be another avengers, atleast not for a very very long time.
    Movie experiences are subjective and all, but the majority of people prefer The Avengers over Age of Ultron. I personally think The Avengers was fresh and the whole "heroes from different movies meet each other" thing was new, and the structure of it really worked for me. Age of Ultron was just another adventure that seemed to be darker and a big change in the MCU, but wasn't really. I still hold that the movie is inferior to this trailer:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You obviously know little of being physically fit.
    He was training for the sake of enduring and recovering quickly.

Well, I certainly agree.
    Dude seriously. That would made sense if he was actually in bad shape, but he wasn't. He was already huge as freaking gorilla. You need to be smarter than superman and that's how you beat him. Not by training to get more endurance and muscles.

You could fix the movie by taking the dream sequences out of the movie and put it as an end credit scene, Superman is dead, Batman is leaving the funeral and flash comes back for the future and show Batman a glimpse of what can be... Superman is alive, and a tyrant for Darksied,all because of something that happen to Louis Lane who he just saw at the funeral. Superman suggest that she is dead, but at this time Batman knows she is alive and he is dead. Confused at this. Much better ending.

it was actiony but i dunno i just kept thinking that it didn't make a whole lot of logical sense, you got batman, for 3/4 of the movie wanting to kill super man because 'he kills ppl/ its all his fault' (while proceeding to kill ppl himself hypocrite much?) and then its like 'oh, our mums have the same name, then we can totally just be bffs then' without actually muttering a damn thing all that dick measuring power hungry resentment, gone in like 5 seconds.

action was great story was meh.

Well it is quite subjective and everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but AoU was probably the first movie in Imax that had me pull my phone out and waste time till it was over
    Last edited by Tems; 2016-03-30 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it was actiony but i dunno i just kept thinking that it didn't make a whole lot of logical sense, you got batman, for 3/4 of the movie wanting to kill super man because 'he kills ppl/ its all his fault' (while proceeding to kill ppl himself hypocrite much?) and then its like 'oh, our mums have the same name, then we can totally just be bffs then' without actually muttering a damn thing all that dick measuring power hungry resentment, gone in like 5 seconds.

Plenty of holes in the movie. I think its worth noting that its awesome the movie can stand up on all the amazing acting and action despite having a flaky story.

I actually think the scene you're referring to makes sense. Superman was trying to get Batman to help him at the beginning of their fight but Batman wasn't in a mood to reason at the point (makes sense considering his last confrontation with Superman). Batman had abandoned all reason towards the end of fight, he was just a badass vindictive raging beast who was pretty much torturing Superman at that point. When Superman pleaded for Batman to help his mom as Batman was beating the shit out of him, Batman realized that Superman didn't come there to fight and that their beef was largely due to a misunderstanding. That the only reason Superman showed up in the first place because Superman felt he had no other options. It was in that moment that Batman was "damn, he really was looking for help and here I am beating the shit out of him while he mom is dying".

Now that shit with Louis throwing the spear into the water was absolutley ridiculous. Batman would've have just abandoned that spear, even in that situation. Lets say he didn't forget about the spear though and Louis drops it into the water to hide it from Batman when he returns, how in the hell did she know that she needed the spear again like 5 min later? What was the purpose behind all of that anyway when, you know her not being able to retrieve it and Superman grabbing it himself. They could have accomplished the same thing (the only thing that actually matured was showing that just holding the spear weakened Superman) by leaving the spear exactly where Batman left it and Superman retrieving it from there. I actually heard people groan at during the water sequence.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpdarts View Post
    You could fix the movie by taking the dream sequences out of the movie and put it as an end credit scene, Superman is dead, Batman is leaving the funeral and flash comes back for the future and show Batman a glimpse of what can be... Superman is alive, and a tyrant for Darksied,all because of something that happen to Louis Lane who he just saw at the funeral. Superman suggest that she is dead, but at this time Batman knows she is alive and he is dead. Confused at this. Much better ending.
    I agree that it would have been an amazing post credit scene, but I honestly disagree that the visions were problematic in the movie to begin with. My sole problem apart from the score(not the one taken from Man of Steel which is awesome) is how Doomsday was rushed in the end of the movie, sure he did damage by killing superman, but we didn't get to tie in with him much. he was barely introduced then killed off in a single fight - despite how hard it was, and doomsday should have been something BIG in terms of a villain(also he looked off than the doomsday we are used to)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "I'm gonna get myself in the best shape of my life...then I'm going to put on an armoured powersuit so that absolutely none of it matters!"
    He needed to bulk up in order to move around in that heavy suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

In the storylines were batman is older, he gets much more aggressive and to the point of killing bad guys(check Arkham Knight where killing started to be ok, The Dark Knight Returns where he became much more brutal) So yeah killing villains and bad guys is actually a batman trait he gets when he gets older, especially post-joker and how he thinks he let people die by letting him live.

I agree that the fight between them swiftly shifted on the far opposite side, but uttering his mother's name made bats think he knew his own mother and when lois told him that it was superman's, who was abducted during that time, I'm guessing that pain that follow him all around from his parents just kicked him in the face. But yes going to a 'friends' state after this instantly was weird, but why he stopped the fight and let him go was actually convincing

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Plenty of holes in the movie. I think its worth noting that its awesome the movie can stand up on all the amazing acting and action despite having a flaky story.

I actually think the scene you're referring to makes sense. Superman was trying to get Batman to help him at the beginning of their fight but Batman wasn't in a mood to reason at the point (makes sense considering his last confrontation with Superman). Batman had abandoned all reason towards the end of fight, he was just a badass vindictive raging beast who was pretty much torturing Superman at that point. When Superman pleaded for Batman to help his mom as Batman was beating the shit out of him, Batman realized that Superman didn't come there to fight and that their beef was largely due to a misunderstanding. That the only reason Superman showed up in the first place because Superman felt he had no other options. It was in that moment that Batman was "damn, he really was looking for help and here I am beating the shit out of him while he mom is dying".

Now that shit with Louis throwing the spear into the water was absolutley ridiculous. Batman would've have just abandoned that spear, even in that situation. Lets say he didn't forget about the spear though and Louis drops it into the water to hide it from Batman when he returns, how in the hell did she know that she needed the spear again like 5 min later? What was the purpose behind all of that anyway when, you know her not being able to retrieve it and Superman grabbing it himself. They could have accomplished the same thing (the only thing that actually matured was showing that just holding the spear weakened Superman) by leaving the spear exactly where Batman left it and Superman retrieving it from there. I actually heard people groan at during the water sequence.
    I think i was just expecting a little more reconciliation between the two of them, the way the story built up it was like bruce/batman just didn't like that there was a superman at all, that scene were he says something like 'even if theres a 1% chance..' it seemed to me like he was really gunning for the removal of the superman. I liked his action scenes though, batman using guns, yeah he generally doesn't and i think the time he does is actually a dream but i mean realistically batman is a trained assassin so hes gunna do use whatever he can that stuff actually wasn't a problem for me.

I think i remember seeing a post on reddit that there will be a directors cut or something in july perhaps that will clear it up a little. i could see why it was enough, like batman actually saw the humanity in superman, the scene was just fast and didn't seem to really feel like it would be enough going by how much hate was built up during the first half.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-03-30 at 08:49 AM.