Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    Vocal minority? Hardly.

The forums exploded on the topic everytime blizz said anything. It wasn't until they officially announced no flight that most people really clued in and then there was even more uproar.

Also the feedback they got from people quiting was hugely indicative to the flight issue.
    To be fair, the forums explode on every topic Blizzard puts out.
    How do you know specifically what feedback they got to say it was largely indicative of being flights fault?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The problem is the willingness of people like you to let a company like Blizzard get away with more and more. At some point you have to draw the line and call bullshit for what it is. It's not a crusade, it's about being a responsible consumer. WoD was unarguably, objectively LESS than any previous expansion. There are all sorts of analytics and facts backing this up. And yet it cost more. This isn't opinion.

The real question is why you're so willing to defend that type of practice. Why you're so willing to ignore the facts when they're right in front of you. It's not just flying, but flying IS the flagship example of everything that Blizzard has been trying to pull with WoW lately.

You talk about a business making money because that's what it does. I agree. But the way in which they go about making that money is at the very heart of this discussion.
    I'm willing to defend t because I am not paying anything extra into the game other than my $15 a month. I am not hurting in game or real life feelings because they removed flight for most of the xpac. I am not upset because a business wants to make money. Everything they make money off of in game (mounts/pets/game tokens) are completely optional and not necessary to play the game. Hell, some people are even playing WoW for free now because of the token, literally investing nothing into Blizzard save time spent IRL and the cost of an expansion every 2-3 years.
    Again, personal opinion but I enjoyed WoD. In my opinion it wasn't as good as Wrath, but I enjoyed it more than MoP and about the same as Cata. It's the people spouting opinions about things as facts that is causing most of the issues in this thread (like the people stating 5 mil sub losses was all from flight, come on, really?).
    You can assume I am defending Blizzard, I'm just stating my opinions as to why it (no flight) doesn't bother me what they are doing.

Everything you just wrote can be summed up with "I am not having a problem therefore there is not a problem." Which is one of the worst lines of reasoning available to mankind.

Everything you just wrote can be summed up with "I am not having a problem therefore there is not a problem." Which is one of the worst lines of reasoning available to mankind.
    As stated, it's personal opinion. Isn't the reverse is also true, everyone's post is "I have a problem therefore it is a problem?"
    This isn't a forum talking about global warming and being able to show the statistics and pie charts and graphs about how it is indeed a problem and the repercussions of it, and then stating your opinions of why you feel it's necessary to stop driving a gas guzzling 4x4 monster truck.
    It's a forum about flight where the only thing you can take seriously IS personal opinions. Sure, people try to talk about shady business dealings and quoting that 5 million people quit during WoD and then try to spout how it's all the "no flight" thing is the sole reason for all of it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-04-02 at 06:30 AM.

Flying is garbage and should never have been added to WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Flying is garbage and should never have been added to WOW.
    PvP is garbage and should never have been added to WOW.

Wow, over 200 pages. People are still going on about this? Idiotic.

No matter what your useless opinion on flying is, who the heck cares any more. It is how it is, just deal with it, for Pete's sake.

Unfortunately, due to their lack of doing ANYTHING productive in regards to flight, the humor is wasted. The fact that they STILL haven't released any new information about it makes poking fun at it mean-spirited and spiteful at this point, despite being april fools.
    What new information do you need? It won't be available at launch, it will come in a later patch. Any other details would be subject to change and Blizzard have decided not to share information that might lead to complaints of broken promises.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is the willingness of people like you to let a company like Blizzard get away with more and more. At some point you have to draw the line and call bullshit for what it is. It's not a crusade, it's about being a responsible consumer. WoD was unarguably, objectively LESS than any previous expansion. There are all sorts of analytics and facts backing this up. And yet it cost more. This isn't opinion.

The real question is why you're so willing to defend that type of practice. Why you're so willing to ignore the facts when they're right in front of you. It's not just flying, but flying IS the flagship example of everything that Blizzard has been trying to pull with WoW lately.

You talk about a business making money because that's what it does. I agree. But the way in which they go about making that money is at the very heart of this discussion.
    WoD unarguably, objectively kept me engaged more than Cata or MoP. I can't really compare to TBC and WotLK because I was raiding and had different priorities, but as a casual player WoD has been the best expansion so far. I definitely found exploring the world to be some of the most interesting.

Why should I buy into your theories that no-flying is part of some conspiracy to cut corners (somehow) and rip off players? Whatever your "facts" state, I still had a good time and am looking forward to Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Ofcourse they did. Getting dazed 10 times on the way to a destination by a mob that you can kill in 1-2 seconds was not fun nor engaging. It was tedious and unrewarding. Having stupid obstacles on the road which you should be able to jump over but can't because pathing/programing issues were not fun either.
    Have you tried sucking less?

- - - Updated - - -

Vocal minority? Hardly.

The forums exploded on the topic everytime blizz said anything. It wasn't until they officially announced no flight that most people really clued in and then there was even more uproar.

Also the feedback they got from people quiting was hugely indicative to the flight issue.
    Forums make a tiny minority of the player-base. Feedback from them can be useful but it does not give an accurate representation of how the general population of WoW feels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    PvP is garbage and should never have been added to WOW.
    Some of my friends who quit during Vanilla and TBC reckon it was the introduction of battlegrounds that damaged the server community and would have been much happier if they'd never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Forums make a tiny minority of the player-base. Feedback from them can be useful but it does not give an accurate representation of how the general population of WoW feels.
    However rough % of pro flyers and anti flyers should still be the same. So if tiny minority that visits forums cares that much about flying... imagine what the real numbers are.

Deleted
    I want an epic questline somewhere in 7.1 or 7.2 that rewards Flying. Not just an achievement you get, but an actual epic questline. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    However rough % of pro flyers and anti flyers should still be the same. So if tiny minority that visits forums cares that much about flying... imagine what the real numbers are.
    No, because people deeply invested in something are more likely to be vocal about it. So the minority fraction caring about it on the forums is a larger proportion of the forum goers than the minority fraction overall. And even on the forums, there aren't that many, mostly it's just the same people shouting back and forth.

Vocal minority? Hardly.

Ok per Blizz themselves "We will only enable flight if the majority of players want it"

Ok then they announce "No flight in WoD or any future content"

Two weeks later "Flight is returning"

So that tells me that the majority of people want flight, so honestly the only thing up for discussion is when.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because people deeply invested in something are more likely to be vocal about it. So the minority fraction caring about it on the forums is a larger proportion of the forum goers than the minority fraction overall. And even on the forums, there aren't that many, mostly it's just the same people shouting back and forth.
    For blizzard to change stance from "no flying ever again" to "ok here is flying back just dont moan about it" in 2 weeks meant that much more people cares about flying then you and people like you think. Blizzard have this data (when you unsub your write a reason, GM ticket surveys etc etc) and to do 180 on something they "firmly" believed in... However by that point, damage was already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What new information do you need? It won't be available at launch, it will come in a later patch. Any other details would be subject to change and Blizzard have decided not to share information that might lead to complaints of broken promises.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD unarguably, objectively kept me engaged more than Cata or MoP. I can't really compare to TBC and WotLK because I was raiding and had different priorities, but as a casual player WoD has been the best expansion so far. I definitely found exploring the world to be some of the most interesting.

Why should I buy into your theories that no-flying is part of some conspiracy to cut corners (somehow) and rip off players? Whatever your "facts" state, I still had a good time and am looking forward to Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried sucking less?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Some of my friends who quit during Vanilla and TBC reckon it was the introduction of battlegrounds that damaged the server community and would have been much happier if they'd never happened.
    Reading comprehension. You lack it. Now go cry in a corner because you cant force other people to play in a way you like anymore, troll.

This includes you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

No matter what your useless opinion on flying is, who the heck cares any more. It is how it is, just deal with it, for Pete's sake.
    Enough people care to make this go 200 pages, dumbass. Why don't you keep your crap to yourself if you have nothing to add to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    This includes you, right?
    Wow, aren't you a witty one ... not. I obviosly didn't make any comment on the whole beaten-to-death flying vs. no-flying debate. Mind = blown, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Enough people care to make this go 200 pages, dumbass. Why don't you keep your crap to yourself if you have nothing to add to this discussion.
    Angry and rude. Tsk.

Deleted
    just a suggestion...
    I used to be one of those head's in the sand, fly at all costs, wow player.
    I quit. not because of no flying, but boredom.
    I thought I would hate a game with no flying & also thought & often said here on mmo-c that without flying, wow wouldn't be the same.
    how wrong was i.
    I started playing another mmo (aion), where there is 90% no flying.
    you run, for the most part, everywhere. 2 legs or 4, the choice is yours.
    you can get wings ingame, but you cant actually fly all the time. hence the 10%.
    I love it!! no flying has opened up a whole new world. once you get used to it, you get to enjoy it.
    amazing places you would never see if up in the air, are suddenly right infront of you. take a wrong turn & something else quite beautiful appears. nope, for me, no flying is defo the way to go.
    maybe its the fact wow looks dated (it is 12 years old), where as aion still looks pretty cool even for a 7 1/2 yr old game.

TL;DR. my point being, play another game for a few months that doesn't have flying & I'm sure you'll come to a similar conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok per Blizz themselves "We will only enable flight if the majority of players want it"

Ok then they announce "No flight in WoD or any future content"

Two weeks later "Flight is returning"

So that tells me that the majority of people want flight, so honestly the only thing up for discussion is when.
    When did this ever happen? Where did people get their 2 weeks number at? They literally announced no flight before or during beta testing, pretty sure when it was being discussed as just an expansion itself, and flight wasn't even discussed as coming until around the time BRF was out. Then it was pushed back because they didn't have all the bugs and issues worked out to enable it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    TL;DR. my point being, play another game for a few months that doesn't have flying & I'm sure you'll come to a similar conclusion.
    I'm playing SWTOR and TSW, I wish there were flying in them. But the former has free teleports to everywhere and the latter has no fall damage in addition to teleports (albeit a bit limited compared to SWTOR) so I can cope without flying. WoW has neither.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side