Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea but there's lots of ranged specs with no pet tank in WoW.

i just wish BM wasn't complete garbage and people would play that if they really need a pet.
    And I wish the devs hadn't completely screwed the pooch on the whole damn class by eliminating the ultimate WoW hunter meta-archetype: ranged hunter + one pet.

I really don't know what they were thinking. I have nothing against the spec redesign, as we were in desperate need of differentiation, but whoever's genius idea it was to eliminate that archetype in the process should have a word with themselves because as a result, MM and BM are both getting screwed with "bandaids" to try to fix that failure. (Although BM is, as you say, total garbage right now anyway, the Dire Frenzy "fix" is a joke.)

Unfortunately, it seems we're stuck with the cluster fuck now.

Deleted
    A lot of other classes have different threads about t19 and legendaries but there noone even talk about them.
    Hunter T19 Marksmanship 2P Bonus Trueshot also reduces the cost of all your Focus spenders by 1%.
    Hunter T19 Marksmanship 4P Bonus Every 20 Focus you spend reduces the cooldown of Trueshot by 1 sec.
    Equip: The cooldown of Trueshot is reduced by 1.0 sec each time you cast a damaging shot.
    Equip: Your Marked Shot always hits your currently selected target in addition to its normal targets, even if not affected by Hunter's Mark.
    Equip: Each enemy you hit with Multi-Shot increases the damage of your next Aimed Shot by 10%. This effect stacks up to 20 times.
    If i get the last legendary is it going to work with Sidewinders talent? Also if i want to spend max focus possible, because of the 4p bonus, why i would pick LnL as talent?

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe the 1% on 2P is placeholder that was fixed in some build
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=211322/
    says 50%

About 4P and LnL, the proc makes them not only free but instant as well. Which increases benefit from Marked shot effects (with or without Patient sniper, but probably more with it).

The legendaries seem somewhat underwhelming. The Marked shot one is only useful if really important add comes halfway in AoE situation (between mark procs).
    The one that reduces trueshot CD might be good enough when used with 2P bonus.
    And the Aimed shot bonus from Multishot, not sure. Since you probably want to use Marked ASAP and then follow by Aimed for the bonuses, it will be harly useful for Patient sniper build as you won't get many stacks.

Deleted
    With the exception of the Multi shot one (I wouldn't know how to use it properly right now) I like all of the above.

I guess you'd multishot a group of mobs like 5-10 times (or until you get your stuff up) and then marked shot + aimed shot (with trick shot?).

I see no reason to stack it up to 20x though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    With the exception of the Multi shot one (I wouldn't know how to use it properly right now) I like all of the above.

I guess you'd multishot a group of mobs like 5-10 times (or until you get your stuff up) and then marked shot + aimed shot (with trick shot?).

I see no reason to stack it up to 20x though.
    You will use multishot on 2 or more targets in legion.

Deleted
    Ya, but will you cast 20 multishots before you cast your first aimed? Obviously not, which is why I don't understand the stacking "feature"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Ya, but will you cast 20 multishots before you cast your first aimed? Obviously not, which is why I don't understand the stacking "feature"
    Marked shot deal more dmg then aimed. So you want to spam multi to proc marked. If you proc marked from multishot all mobs are marked. So your powerful aimshot will hit all mobs cause of the aim spread while doing alot of damage. So you might do Multi/marked/Multi/marked aimed or something like that. Depends on the situation and how many mobs your hitting. Doubt you will ever stack it higher that a few thou.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane shot deals 125% weapon damage.
    Multi-shot does 66% weapon damage.

This ends up pretty simple math.
    Say your normalized weapon damage is 10,000

It's 12,500 for arcane shot to one target.
    or 6,600 multi-shot to 2+ targets

6600 x 2 = 13,200. So, Oggy is completely correct. This makes our multi-shot much easier to know when to use.

The only factor is one of the bow talents is +5 focus for arcane shots. It doesn't look like it effects multi-shots.

Errrr. Except target armor affects Multi-Shot and not Arcane Shot.

Try again with your "simple math".

As for the multi-shot legendary... It gives a stack for each enemy hit. Not 1 stack per cast. You get an Xul-horac, Assault, Iskar style fight and you can multi shot 1-3 times and get a vast majority of the 20 stacks in 1-3 globals. Marked>Trick Shot>profit.

Probably won't get to 20 every time but you can definitely stack it up fairly high while your regenerating focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You will use multishot on 2 or more targets in legion.
    Yeah, no, you have no idea what you're talking about. You talk about how tuning will come eventually, yet you pull this off. If you think that Marked Shot will keep doing this damage that's pretty retarded. It's not even just because of the Deadeye change.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2016-04-04 at 12:38 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In order to nerf Marked Shot enough I expect during the numbers pass we will see the following change.

Wind Arrows do 15% aimed shot damage
    Marked shot does 300% of weapon damage.
    Lone Wolf is a 25% damage boost.

Deleted
    Marked shot doesn't need any direct nerf. Just take it out of Deadeye, problem solved. Is a small hit to ST damage and a huge nerf to AoE, but it is needed and for the greater good

Honestly, I would much prefer if they made the current rotation work with a reasonable level of damage, where Aimed Shot is only cast when Lock And Load is up. It is kind of similar to MM circa 4.3 where you would preferrably only use Aimed Shot when you got the instant cast proc.

Whatever makes us less of a stand-still turret spec. If MM becomes immobile, that leaves BM as the only mobile ranged spec in the game. And even then, you have to worry about pet pathing and stampede positioning. Oh, and the spec being complete and utter garbage because Celestalon has weird ideas on how focus works.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Oh, and the spec being complete and utter garbage because Celestalon has weird ideas on how focus works.
    This made me laugh far more than it should've.

I might be wrong but it seems that if more than one hunter is not using Patient Sniper, only one of them benefits from Vulnerable. Only one hunter can have Vulnerable on the target - but the other hunters' marked shots refresh the duration; yet they don't benefit from it.

Doesn't apply to Deadeye.

Not sure if people knew about this already. Can link logs if necessary.

(this is obviously a bug and not intended)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, good catch.. hopefully they will fix that... before it goes live

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Honestly, I would much prefer if they made the current rotation work with a reasonable level of damage, where Aimed Shot is only cast when Lock And Load is up. It is kind of similar to MM circa 4.3 where you would preferrably only use Aimed Shot when you got the instant cast proc.

Whatever makes us less of a stand-still turret spec. If MM becomes immobile, that leaves BM as the only mobile ranged spec in the game. And even then, you have to worry about pet pathing and stampede positioning. Oh, and the spec being complete and utter garbage because Celestalon has weird ideas on how focus works.
    Same feeling here. There are already a lot of ranged stand-still casters. No need to add a new one.

That leaves BM whose gameplay feels slow and simplistic. Blizzard does not seem to read the feedback in official forums. Guess it's time to switch to another class.

From what someone said in the hunter discord yesterday, it seems that the same bug happens with Marked for Death, an artifact trait - you have to compete with the other hunters for it, and whoever gets there first gets all the benefits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Same feeling here. There are already a lot of ranged stand-still casters. No need to add a new one.

That leaves BM whose gameplay feels slow and simplistic. Blizzard does not seem to read the feedback in official forums. Guess it's time to switch to another class.
    Leaving aside BM playstlye for the other topic.Now we need a stronk hitting spec because if we dint have it RLs will take some caster over hunters I will trade some of my mobility in favor to can do damage next to casters.About BM except weird gameplay atm what i saw first time is that pet react much beter to targetswap killcommand, instead to start running he just KC the target if its his range and still sits on my previous one lol.I dont know do this is a bug with blink strikes talent