Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, at least some people like it. I noticed that there have been some positive comments on the latest sets, although I'm not sure what makes them stand out - to me, they look very, very much like the majority of the sets Blizzard has been designing lately. And I really have to say: I have no idea what those designers are thinking. The WoW sets of late are easily the worst, most nonsensical, utterly ugliest examples of gear design in games period. It blows my mind. If you were an upcoming concept artist or designer and had stuff like that in your portfolio, you'd rightfully get ripped to shreds anywhere you applied. I just don't get it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    What a load of utter shite, it still takes time to farm any set because RNG is RNG. And people wouldnt go out of their way to farm stuff for no reason, AQ isnt exactly hard to clear yet I done it every week for 5 months just to get the gloves for my set.

Even if its lower quality it still somehow beats out newer sets on average, that alone tells you all you need to know.
    Would you mean it's not faster and easier to run a vanilla/BC raid for a few minutes than it is to run a raid that is from a recent expansion ? It's not a matter of RNG, it doesn't have much to do with the time it will take you to collect your transmog set, people would just rather one shot bosses than take the time to go through the Flame Leviathan event (for instance) or soloing Cataclysm raids
    And you might need a group if you want to farm MoP raids.

Best tier ever? No. And lol @ people saying it's a "fact" because they say so.

The only one I remotely like is mage, and I don't even play that class.

The druid one looks like it should be a priest set.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory WoW is dying who cares about armour sets post.

Sets are very nice and detailed and finally some new stuff on gloves and boots, it was long overdue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    DAMN...I spoke one post too soon. You did that on purpose, didn't you?
    Lately I had too many positive posts about WoW... disgusting. Just had to get that one off my system, being the common MMO-C shill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the warlock set is the worst I've ever seen

you'd think in the expansion called 'Legion' they'd come up with something that doesn't resemble a red clown
    If that looks like a red clown to you, then you need your eyes checked. Worst you've seen? T12, 13, and 16 say "hi".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all pretty good. You know for a fact the death knight tier is going to be the most transmoged gear later on though.

From a technical perspective there's no debating that it's the best tier they've ever made. How much you like how it looks is way too subjective though.

Deleted
    Hunter set is garbage, doesnt look like a proper raid set

I guess this thread shows you simply can't please EVERYONE. I think they all look absolutely incredible.

I absolutely love the Rogue set, but I also know/expect it'll look shitty on male trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mage set leaves ALOT to be desired, so no, not the best tier in my eyes.

I think T6 looks the best, even with lock and hunter helm a little goofy, overall good looking sets.

T19 is all over the place, while some sets look really good, others look like bargain bin left overs from previous expansions. Class fantasy, and quality gaps are huge, you can actually tell what classes are going to be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ok how about instead of saying you disagree with me (and I know it's subjective), I'd be interested to hear what tier you DO think is better than T19.

And just to extend the discussion... my worst tiers of all time:

T16
    T9
    For me the best overall was tier 7/3, other tiers I feel is better than t19 are t2, t5 and t6. I agree with your worst tiers though.

I like the white paladin colour variant, almost looks like Argent armour imo. Nearly as nice as Holy Warrior.

Am I missing something though? Is there a reason why there are six variants?

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Only sets I remotely like so far are the DK and hunter. Beyond that, meh. In some ways, the only reason I can see people liking the sets more than previous ones is due to the "flash". I.E. The particle effects, the new 3D elements, the callbacks to previous sets, etc. But chances are future tiers will continue to have new 3D elements so it won't be long before people start to go "meh" because they're used to it. It's no different than the new animations. People will go "ooh" and "ahhh" for like two months before forgetting Blizzard even did new animations. The Legion (and future) tier sets may cause people to look back at old sets and call those ugly, but chances are it will only be due to the new 3D elements which the old sets lack.

I certainly wouldn't say T19 is the best ever. It's just the first of the line of Blizzard trying to make armor more flashy. The effect will wear off and people will go back to judging the sets no differently than they did previously.

I'm still waiting to see what crap Blizzard pulls with the LFR sets. They're putting so many doodads on the normal-mythic and PVP gear that I can't help but think the LFR sets will look like plain t-shirts and pants (much like how plain the monk tier looked like in HFC). Might as well just give LFR players a cardboard box to wear with the amount of effort Blizzard puts in with that gear anymore.

(I'm 11/13 heroic and 1/13 mythic in HFC and am in a raiding guild as an FYI. I still don't much like Blizzard treating LFR like a redheaded bastard stepchild that gets locked in the closet 99% of the day.)
    Most looked good before the new 3D stuff, though. It just makes them better.
    And the "endgame" sets (which I assume are for LFR) look actually pretty good. Cloth and mail are nice, plate is decent. Leather is kind of strange, though.

Am I missing something though? Is there a reason why there are six variants?
    Alliance PvP
    Horde PvP
    Elite PvP
    Normal raids
    Heroic raids
    Mythic raids
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-04-03 at 10:32 PM.

Ah, thank you. Wasn't aware PVP tier would look identical. Now i'm hoping that Argent-like variant isn't alliance only.

Im just upset that Blizzard said they would make tier sets that showed off Demon hunter tattoos...I remember an original gear preview where the chest piece on the male was sorta like just covering the stomach with the chest and back exposed...now for the first tier of the expansion they went with a chest piece that covers the whole front of the torso...I dont get it, sorta upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

warrior set is awful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Kek, the true reasons why there are more transmogs from vanilla and BC is because that's way easier and faster to clean older raids, and because of nostalgia, vanilla and BC sets are utter garbage, the colors are absolutely hideous (The guy that designed the gear back then must have been colorblind, can't explain it otherwise) and the gear itself looks like it's made of papersheets
    BS. Today you can farm everything without effort (except current expansion content).
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ