Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    The countries surrounding Syria are far from being at maximum capacity. What exists is a lack of political/societal will to take care of them, that is not the same as being at maximum capacity. This lack of will exists in other countries too.
    Where's that exactly? Turkey and Lebanon?

Country Population Refugee population %
    Turkey 75,930,000 2,715,789 3.6%
    Lebanon 4,224,000 1,172,388 27.8%

vs.

Canada 35,985,751 149,163 0.4%
    United Kingdom 61,634,599 117,234 0.2%
    United States 323,178,000 267,222 0.1%
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population

Maybe they could flee to Iraq lol. Iraq is at 0.9% so it's about twice Canada's (which is high for a Western nation), and it's the kind of place people are refugees FROM.

Take a look at specifically Syrian refugees:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...rian_Civil_War

Who's bearing the brunt there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Show me evidence of this.
    That's harder to prove right now unfortunately, as the CIC website just got overhauled in January and no longer provides historical wait times at all processing facilities. It now only provides a consolidated average based on 80% of successful applications. However according to this the current wait time of 26 months for an in-country spousal application is well above the previous averages from all but a few locations, just a year ago. It is nice that they've raised the allowed applications to 10,000. But haven't really done anything in terms of staffing.

For the evidence you want, keep an eye on the wait times for the next few months. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Man ... the blowback the next election cycle is going to be amazing.
    He is currently one of the most popular Prime Ministers in recent history

Deleted
    What kind of retarded list is that? Something is very wrong with that list. Just the past 5 years we've gotten like, more than 400k refugees, with almost 200k coming last year. We have like close to a million people who got their residency permits by seeking asylum here.

edit:

Well

The numbers may be misleading. In some countries, refugees are often bringing in spouses and children, who may not be counted as refugees. Further after some years, refugees in some countries are given status as citizens or immigrants. In other countries all spouses and children and even children's children count as refugees.
    Suddenly they're not counted as refugees then? Grossly misleading list to link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    He is currently one of the most popular Prime Ministers in recent history
    Olof Palme was popular in Sweden too during his time but also very hated, and he's also among the most hated now. Being popular in the now isn't a failsafe for the future.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-04-04 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Olof Palme was popular in Sweden too during his time but also very hated, and he's also among the most hated now.
    Hardly the same. Mr Trudeau is on another level. Most people don't even know of Olof ...

Deleted
    Hardly the same. Mr Trudeau is on another level. Most people don't even know of Olof ...
    Fucking lol. He's not on "another level".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Yes. 10 chars.
    I'd shit a brick if someone taxed 25% of my income. And your okay with it?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    I'd shit a brick if someone taxed 25% of my income. And your okay with it?
    That's nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nothing.
    And people accept this????
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    And people accept this????
    Sure, if you have a government you can trust to handle it, it's not a problem. If you have a government who you can't trust to not go full retard with it, then that's another issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if you have a government you can trust to handle it, it's not a problem. If you have a government who you can't trust to not go full retard with it, then that's another issue.
    I do not care if your government can be trusted, 25% of your income is outrageous. that's 1/4th of your yearly income being taken. That income could be used on your children or something important.
    doh my god....

Deleted
    I do not care if your government can be trusted, 25% of your income is outrageous. that's 1/4th of your yearly income being taken. That income could be used on your children or something important.
    You mean something important like, daycare and school for children, healthcare, social welfare benefits and so forth?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. I rather tackle income inequality. This is the Canadian way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. I rather tackle income inequality. This is the Canadian way.
    Well here in the US I run my own business and Ill go to hell before I pay 25% of my income in taxes.
    doh my god....

Thats what they do. 25% of my income would never be able to pay for the hospital bills id get for my kids lol. Also school bills, public transportation bills. Actually with the current change Trudeau is doing to the parental support im gona be getting a decent amount of it back in a check.

- - - Updated - - -

Well here in the US I run my own business and Ill go to hell before I pay 25% of my income in taxes.
    The taxes on a person's income and a company's are not the same. Actually just googled it, corporate taxes is higher in the US lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-04-04 at 12:54 AM.

It is used on your children or something important, if the government is properly run. Its not like taxes just get thrown in an incinerator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats what they do. 25% of my income would never be able to pay for the hospital bills id get for my kids lol. Also school bills, public transportation bills. Actually with the current change Trudeau is doing to the parental support im gona be getting a decent amount of it back in a check.

- - - Updated - - -

The taxes on a person's income and a company's are not the same.
    I'm very much aware of that. My company makes far more income then I do. And is taxed differently.
    doh my god....

Deleted
    Here in Sweden the municipal income tax where I live is 32.68%, another 20-25% that's a state income tax can be added depending on how much you earn. So, boohoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your choice but income inequality is sky high in the U.S. It's a shame that you aren't more concerned with the less fortunate.

What kind of retarded list is that? Something is very wrong with that list. Just the past 5 years we've gotten like, more than 400k refugees, with almost 200k coming last year. We have like close to a million people who got their residency permits by seeking asylum here.

edit:

Well

You're talking about comparing statistics across countries (always challenging due to differing legal definitions, processes, etc) on a highly sensitive topic that's seen a lot of change in recent years. So obviously you always need to bear caveats in mind when interpreting them.

What is undeniable is that the countries proximate to Syria ARE taking in massive numbers of refugees, and already have much higher refugee populations than Western nations. I mean, they are right across the border from refugee-generating nations like Syria, so this should really be obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.