Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arcane Mage Going Crit viable?

Hello dear fellas! Been looking at some 2 top mages, they're going crit on enchants/gems, even on the weapon enchant

I can't link his armory, but I will link proraiders and you check the top mage there, been watching him for a long time, hes always been using Crit and been Top 10 on logs.

http://www.proraiders.com/ranks/myth...ec=Arcane_Mage Top 1 Mage russian, check him out

I want to know if anyone have tried crit in the dps sheet, cuz it seems to be good for some reason

Well may the force be with you guys!

You have to remember too that he is running with teams that do the 20-50 sec boss kills. His build supports the fact he is maxing his burst on crystal and that's it. If the boss doesn't die within lust, they went too slow and f***ed up.

^ what Piow said. So...sure, if you are rocking sub 1 min kill times, go for crit

Since top parses are all about get lucky with rng, stacking crit to modify that rng even more could provide more dps. For example, imagine all ABs critting, proccing UM during ring - that's some crazy dmg. Doesn't mean you should go for crit though, for reasons mentioned by posters above me.

Deleted
    The thing is that guy used crit before they had that awesome kill times, but he had only crit on his weapon then and like 2-3 gems, I don't know if its just pure luck back then when he did it, but he got rank 10-20 pretty early, when they had slow kill times.

Like here Tyrant Kill time 5minutes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=12 If you check his buff, hes still using the crit proc on his weapon, this was logged Nov 25th and if u check the other bosses aswell, hes doing quite decent DPS for using Crit, so dunno if its just pure luck few tries/kill tries or if its viable, but as u guys say its even better when u do it with fast kill times, but hes been using it since start as far as I can remember
    Last edited by mmoc3f44588661; 2016-03-23 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    The thing is that guy used crit before they had that awesome kill times, but he had only crit on his weapon then and like 2-3 gems, I don't know if its just pure luck back then when he did it, but he got rank 10-20 pretty early, when they had slow kill times.

Like here Tyrant Kill time 5minutes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=12 If you check his buff, hes still using the crit proc on his weapon, this was logged Nov 25th and if u check the other bosses aswell, hes doing quite decent DPS for using Crit, so dunno if its just pure luck few tries/kill tries or if its viable, but as u guys say its even better when u do it with fast kill times, but hes been using it since start as far as I can remember
    last time i checked my sims, there wasnt a very big difference between secondaries.
    besides that, secondaries wont make or break your dps, being a good player is much more important.

Deleted
    I believe you should recheck your log evaluation. This Velhari Kill was a rank run as well. Half of the raid wasn't even hitting the boss in p3 and they waited till nearly 5 minutes to burst her, when her dmg taken % is usually hitting the sky.

Also he was 744 ilvl at that point. With that ilvl you have around 3k mastery, enough haste so its all about crits in your burn rotation. Crit might be rng, but when it comes to ranking, and you kill the boss 30 times, you will eventually have the stars aline and make that N1 rank.

However if your guild can't support rank runs with 10+ mages, i'd suggest you stick with mastery for arcane, after you've reached the comfortable haste number for your likes.

Deleted
    I believe mastery was higher than crit on short fights last time I checked. But that was here. YMMV.

To be honest, theorycrafting shows that once your gear gets that high and you're executing ~1 min kills that Crit/Mastery and somewhat haste begin to become equal. Weve got two arcane mages that are building crit and haste sets to try this out on bosses like Zakuun and Reaver

Deleted
    Nah stick to mastery

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they have crit enchants is because they are MS fire and just happened to be in Arcane spec when logging off
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm pretty sure they have crit enchants is because they are MS fire and just happened to be in Arcane spec when logging off
    considering MS fire doesn't gem/enchant crit (unless under-geared), probably not

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, I'm missing two items from being full BIS and I'm only at 52% crit. Why would we not gear for more crit when it's our top stat by far?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, I'm missing two items from being full BIS and I'm only at 52% crit. Why would we not gear for more crit when it's our top stat by far?
    52% crit is more than enough; you're crit-capped against your PC with 47%.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    like I said x) mastery weapon enchant at the very least, or you will be having something close to 120%-130% crit during your opener
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-03-30 at 06:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    How so? /10chars

How so? /10chars
    Sandman's Pouch proc crit caps you at those values.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shi View Post
    last time i checked my sims, there wasnt a very big difference between secondaries.
    besides that, secondaries wont make or break your dps, being a good player is much more important.
    Yeah good players proc better...........

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Sandman's Pouch proc crit caps you at those values.
    Yes, but then you're at 47% crit for the other 1 minute and 50 seconds out of every 2 minutes. Doesn't seem logical at all to me

Yes, but then you're at 47% crit for the other 1 minute and 50 seconds out of every 2 minutes. Doesn't seem logical at all to me
    Your only meaningful damage is from the combustion you're getting during ring+crystal every 2 minutes which lines up with SMP. You're better off getting mastery from enchants and such in order to increase that damage.