Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see?

Funny how opposed people are to Illidan just doing what Illidan does; he's a flavour of the month abuser.

Arcane magic? Wow that's OP gimme.
    Fel magic? Wow that's OP gimme.
    Gul'dan's skull? Wow that's OP gimme.

Champion of the light? One would assume that's preeeeetty damn OP, and we all know Illidan wants that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Even if it is just a vision, story wise they've been putting the "Wat" into "Warcraft" in more places than this lately.

If players take down the Void Lords, it makes me wonder what would be left for a Warcraft 4, if they ever make one, besides "WoW was an alternate timeline".
    They would have to just retcon the whole thing. Or completely start from stratch.

Its kind of the hole they dug themselves into with StarCraft also. Where do you go with the story after you beat the biggest/baddest evil?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They would have to just retcon the whole thing. Or completely start from stratch.

Its kind of the hole they dug themselves into with StarCraft also. Where do you go with the story after you beat the biggest/baddest evil?
    StarCraft II just got new missions with new story. The universes and their conflicts don't disappear with the death of the big bad.

Damn it Metzen.

I mean Kosak.

I mean Burns.

I mean Brooks.

I mean Gregory.

I mean Neilson.

I mean Amai.

I mean Feasel.

I mean Tigole.

I mean Ghostcrawler.

I mean Hamlet.

I mean Stickney.

I mean SJW.

I mean Knaak.

Damn it, guys, I just can't seem to remember the name of the one individual person who is ubiquitous in their control over the story of this game that I have no say over because I am a consumer and not a creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    StarCraft II just got new missions with new story. The universes and their conflicts don't disappear with the death of the big bad.
    Yes, it got DLC.

Still remains to be seen if they can squeeze out enough new storyline to warrant a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Night elf paladins in coming?

Also yes the last part sounds like fanfic
    Unless there are many champions
    many champions sounds likely at this point. i dont hate the idea, i'd just need to see it before i judge. An illidan who isnt constantly tormented by the fel could be a pretty awesome and powerful ally
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    metzen hasnt worked on WoW in years.
    he is on the overwatch story team now
    He worked on the Chronicles book, too. He is still helping the lore team with input.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

>overwatch
    >story

kekking heartily

no one cares

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's a vision. Illidan is dead in Legion, we still don't know what will happen with his body.

Remember Rhonin's prophecy of Jaina as Kirin Tor leader? It ended with a purge and she being kicked by Khadgar.

Heck, I'm expecting that we will kick some Naaru chandelier asses in the near future if they keep going into "Vorlon Light fascism".
    While the vision, just like everything else, can always be changed if Blizzard want to, this seems to be something that will happen regardless. This elder Naaru is convinced that regardless what Illidan does, he will became a champion of the light. Some kind of fated thing, basically.
    "You will defy death," the naaru's voice said as the vision faded. "I have seen this. Whatever you were, whatever you are, a champion of Light is what you will be."
    And this is an elder Naaru, apparently one of the strongest being of the Light if not the so called Light Lord that people have been asking for since the release of Chronicle. One'd expect his / her / its vision to held more credence than anything else.

This vision is actually a good explanation of how Illidan is going to side with us. He already knew by doing so, he'd gain everything he wanted in the end - power and fame, being adored and admired by every others, no longer treated as a betrayer, neither would he be inferior to his big brother.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

You know the light redeemed illidan could just be a possible future, the naaru could have just been opening illidans mind up to the possibility of him earning redemption and allowing him to believe for a moment that its never too late to embrace the light.

And in this case, its more than possible for illidan to turn away from embracing fel magic and embrace holy, but whether he decides to is another topic, he values pragmatism far too highly to devote himself to a power that requires sacrifice and devotion.

Hell, hes probably more likely to embrace the void and use that to kill off the burning legion as thats what his character does, he uses whatever source of power at his disposal to achieve his goals, but he could always choose another path, but hes been very effective at using his own methods thus far, so he doesnt really have any need to change tactics that may come at the cost of valuable time. He isnt the most patient character, so short of eating a naaru heart i doubt he will devote time to embrace the light.

perhaps illidan will become the champion of light, but perhaps the possibility to become the 'champion of light' is within everyone, and all the naaru did was show illidan that it was within the realm of possibility for it to be him and always will be, hell maybe even kiljaedin could be the champion if he decides to change his course, but i doubt that would happen for him as hes more likely to become a loot pinata, and i doubt blizz want to make us feel bad for a loot pinata, they tend to ruin characters just before we kill them

As an illdian fan boy i am ok with this. Judging by how there is no story leading up to illidan becoming this angel thing, there is still a inbetween story we dont know yet if this is true.

I like my illidan being an anti hero. But sometimes even Anti Hero's have to be heroic every once in a while.

One thing i dont get is, did he get this vision and a mark of the naruu b4 we killed him in BT? im really confused as to why this glowing power never manifested. Im guessing he had to die to get it?

What ever the reason im sure we will find out in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I see?

Funny how opposed people are to Illidan just doing what Illidan does; he's a flavour of the month abuser.

Arcane magic? Wow that's OP gimme.
    Fel magic? Wow that's OP gimme.
    Gul'dan's skull? Wow that's OP gimme.

Champion of the light? One would assume that's preeeeetty damn OP, and we all know Illidan wants that shit
    Heh, yeah but as i said, short of taking a shortcut to power i doubt he has the patience of actually spending valuable time to respec, so short of doing something illidany and eating a friggin naaru heart i just dont see him earning that power. He holds no devotion to anything, he is simply single minded in his approach to destroy whatever he opposes, and from what we know of the light so far, it requires faith and patience1, 2 things Illidan lacks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Heh, yeah but as i said, short of taking a shortcut to power i doubt he has the patience of actually spending valuable time to respec, so short of doing something illidany and eating a friggin naaru heart i just dont see him earning that power. He holds no devotion to anything, he is simply single minded in his approach to destroy whatever he opposes, and from what we know of the light so far, it requires faith and patience1, 2 things Illidan lacks
    That is only true under assumption that this elder Naaru couldn't just gift Illidan with his power as it wills. From the spoiler, it seems that
    (1) It is an extremely old, and powerful, more than any other Naaru we've seen and
    (2) It (or its force / allies) seems to be working separately with other Naaru that sided with the Draenei.

So technically, Blizzard can give this elder Naaru any light-related power they want. He is the first of his type we've seen, after all. Oh and Illidan can be devoted. Devoted to the destruction of his enemy that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    One thing i dont get is, did he get this vision and a mark of the naruu b4 we killed him in BT? im really confused as to why this glowing power never manifested. Im guessing he had to die to get it?

What ever the reason im sure we will find out in legion.
    It might not always be visible, just like the mark of power Velen put on Yrel. As for his holy power, I'd guess that he will need to go through some trials first instead of just obtaining it there and then.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-05 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    >overwatch
    >story

kekking heartily

no one cares
    Greentexting and shitposting outside of your designated malyasian shitposting board is bad.

>overwatch
    >story

kekking heartily

no one cares
    Two Movie Shorts into Overwatcha with more on the way.

It's shaping up to look far better than What WoW has currently. (At least till that goes off the rails too)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Possibly, maybe it's more a case of him being a good template for this power because of the extent to which he's been altered by demon stuff.
    (like switching one for the other without damaging him, if that makes sense)

Since it is visions, it doesnt have to be literal. This could easily be Metzen's way of dipping his toe in to see how batshit the crowd goes at the idea of a holy Illidan. Once he realizes just how much the average joe likes to whine about literally everything he'll change it to mean something else.

Possible twists:

- Elder Naaru isnt a Naaru at all, Sargaras in disguise wasting Illidan's time.
    - Not literal vision of the future, but as idea of what the Naaru wants Illidan to represent metaphorically.
    - The potential peak of Illidan's goodness, not how he will be all the time. Maybe he absorbs a Naaru itself right before that point.
    - Not Illidan, just his body being used by someone else, like Anduin or the Elder Naaru.

Just because a 'Naaru' whispers in his ear something that it thinks is going to happen, doesnt mean its set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    - Not literal vision of the future, but as idea of what the Naaru wants Illidan to represent metaphorically.
    - The potential peak of Illidan's goodness, not how he will be all the time. Maybe he absorbs a Naaru itself right before that point.
    - Not Illidan, just his body being used by someone else, like Anduin or the Elder Naaru.

Just because a 'Naaru' whispers in his ear something that it thinks is going to happen, doesnt mean its set in stone.
    The other 3 options are realistic and good to me, but I sure hope the first isn't going to come true. The guy experienced enough shit, he deserve to get some kind of somewhat good ending.
    (Also, that'd require Sargeras to be able to mask Fel to make it appear as holy and acting against KJ indirectly for some reasons)

To be honest I like it. People wanted an Illidan redemption, and if this is true, oh boy does he get one.

Funny enough, I had thoughts a while back about light-infused Demon Hunters. Aside from Demon Hunters, Paladins and Light-wielders in general seem to be quite effective against demons.
    Not redemption, this biggest I told you so in Warcraft lore ever. A pimp slap 10,000 years in the making

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Since it is visions, it doesnt have to be literal. This could easily be Metzen's way of dipping his toe in to see how batshit the crowd goes at the idea of a holy Illidan. Once he realizes just how much the average joe likes to whine about literally everything he'll change it to mean something else.

Possible twists:

Funny thing here. The Sha'tar faction of Naaru were originally not hostile towards Illidan, and only became so for mysterious reasons. Why would they attack Illidan if he was going to be their great champion?

It doesn't make sense, unless the Elder Naaru isn't working with the others at all and their goals are actually at crosspurposes.