Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I sure as hell hope Natsu won't. August should be WAY out of his league.
    Natsu's the main (fighting) character, in the end nothing is out of his league. That's how shounen works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Natsu's the main (fighting) character, in the end nothing is out of his league. That's how shounen works.
    it will probably be like this:August stomps Natsu,Natsu does Nakama speech and one shots August.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly the one who gets bullshit nakama power ups in Fairy Tail is Erza. Natsu just gets powerups, with or without nakama power.
    yeah I know but since August is the King of Magic and he apparently knows every magic then there is no other choice but to do a Nakama power up.

Deleted
    I'd love it if Makarov could get a fight as well tbh.
    I'm still wondering how long till Acnologia attacks the other dragonslayers tbh.
    he probably will.

Acnologia???no worries,Natsu will get some huge power boost and he will one shot him.

Finally some interesting stuff going to happen. Not a simple "2 chapters before bad guy is defeated".

Some really powerfull people showed up, and i doubt Neinhart is weak himself. God knows what kind of transformations he can do with emotions or summon people from his own history.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

How many chapters do you think FT can spend on any one of the Spriggan 12 lol? If the arc takes too long people will get upset and say it's slow. This fast pace is somewhat good. It'd be better if there was a better build up to the villains though instead of walking up to them and power of friendshipping them until the next foe shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    How many chapters do you think FT can spend on any one of the Spriggan 12 lol? If the arc takes too long people will get upset and say it's slow. This fast pace is somewhat good. It'd be better if there was a better build up to the villains though instead of walking up to them and power of friendshipping them until the next foe shows up.
    But people want Namek! Three whole books of fighting Frieza!

For this arc to have 5+ long chapter fights for the Spriggan 12, there would have to be a good plot where everyone is journeying/discovering something new. Like if they were fighting in Zeref's country and tasting mango drink or whatever.

Defending their home country is boring. It's poor writing but there's nothing to show in this arc except battles. That's why the battles have to be quick.

And lol Namek was a game of chess avoiding Freezer and contending with the big bad henchman while collecting dragon balls and avoiding/joining with Vegeta while also befriending a new race and unlocking powers. This isn't as good as that. Again, poor writing.

And lol Namek was a game of chess avoiding Freezer and contending with the big bad henchman while collecting dragon balls and avoiding/joining with Vegeta while also befriending a new race and unlocking powers. This isn't as good as that. Again, poor writing.
    I didn't even count any of that. From the moment Frieza started directly fighting, the fight lasted for 2½ books atleast.

Deleted
    I wonder what kind of bullcrap will Erza pull out now.

The problem is indeed that you can't make fights that last for too long as it would get boring.

BUT! The first time we saw the Spriggan, they were as strong, if not stronger then God Serena.

Everybody was suprised about that kind of power, and were scared to do anything when they first met Brandish and noticed what she could do.

The Spriggan 12 were shown to be strong. To be monsters. And their powers did show that when we met the first two.

Shrink a island in a mere instant like it's nothing. Or a huge ass sand wave / storm that covers a wide area.

Wahl wanted to shoot, and would have hit FT's main building if not blocked, at atleast 400 KM (according to the time chick).
    From Amsterdam to Paris (following roads) is about 472 km. And he wanted to shoot that like it's nothing.

And that is the whole problem for me. The Spriggan 12 are shown and illustrated as impossible strong enemies for FT. Shown to be so much stronger then FT are.

Then the fight happens. And the Spriggan is defeated like they are nothing.
    Time lady God takeover got defeated simply because she was up against a God slayer and a time hacking "here is your future magic power" idea.
    Wahl never bothered to use weakness magic.
    Jacob lost cause he was worried about his allies...

The story being fast pased is nice. We all want to get to the more important and interesting stuff (August, Zeref, Acnologia). But for me personally, not like this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The problem is indeed that you can't make fights that last for too long as it would get boring.

BUT! The first time we saw the Spriggan, they were as strong, if not stronger then God Serena.

Everybody was suprised about that kind of power, and were scared to do anything when they first met Brandish and noticed what she could do.

The Spriggan 12 were shown to be strong. To be monsters. And their powers did show that when we met the first two.

Shrink a island in a mere instant like it's nothing. Or a huge ass sand wave / storm that covers a wide area.

Wahl wanted to shoot, and would have hit FT's main building if not blocked, at atleast 400 KM (according to the time chick).
    From Amsterdam to Paris (following roads) is about 472 km. And he wanted to shoot that like it's nothing.

And that is the whole problem for me. The Spriggan 12 are shown and illustrated as impossible strong enemies for FT. Shown to be so much stronger then FT are.

Then the fight happens. And the Spriggan is defeated like they are nothing.
    Time lady God takeover got defeated simply because she was up against a God slayer and a time hacking "here is your future magic power" idea.
    Wahl never bothered to use weakness magic.
    Jacob lost cause he was worried about his allies...

The story being fast pased is nice. We all want to get to the more important and interesting stuff (August, Zeref, Acnologia). But for me personally, not like this though.
    well,every enemy is defeated like that.first they are "WHOAAAAA WE CANNOT BE BEATEN" and then "OH IMPOSSIBLE!!!HOW AM I DEFEATED"".
    although Wahl and Dimaria were beaten legitimately imo.

The problem is FT characters are already overpowered and only because we're in their perspectives do they look weak. Literally since chapter 1 Natsu was one of the most famous magicians on the continent and he was featured in magazines. Not just Natsu, but Loki, Gray, they all were strong.

And the number of places they went and people they fought, they're the ones who are much scarier than the Spriggan 12. I would be more scared of FT than the Spriggan 12. All the Spriggan 12 have going for them is that they also have an army that people have to worry about. Magic to magic, FT is just, if not even more competent.

I also don't like that God Serena = Spriggan 12. He was just invited to go and he's somewhat on par with them. I still say beside August, God Serena was way stronger than the other Spriggans.

Deleted
    The problem is FT characters are already overpowered and only because we're in their perspectives do they look weak. Literally since chapter 1 Natsu was one of the most famous magicians on the continent and he was featured in magazines. Not just Natsu, but Loki, Gray, they all were strong.

And the number of places they went and people they fought, they're the ones who are much scarier than the Spriggan 12. I would be more scared of FT than the Spriggan 12. All the Spriggan 12 have going for them is that they also have an army that people have to worry about. Magic to magic, FT is just, if not even more competent.

I also don't like that God Serena = Spriggan 12. He was just invited to go and he's somewhat on par with them. I still say beside August, God Serena was way stronger than the other Spriggans.
    haha and he was one shotted.August,Dimaria,Jacob,Wahl and apparently Neinhart are the strongest Spriggans,with first two being ridiculously OP.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-12 at 08:54 PM.

Well she has Illusions and the three great magics. Ofc a Fairy Law or Fairy Glitter powered by Fairy Heart should obliterate the entire enemy army...
    And there is the immortal curse. The more that she wants to protect the guild, then te more lives that will be extinguished around her. Basically, she goes murderous and can wipe out the entire army by chain casting Fairy magic, but if she goes guardian (guild protector) then anyone near her will die. She is a double-edged sword, but, as the Fairy Tactician, I can see her working with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    haha and he was one shotted.August,Dimaria,Jacob,Wahl and apparently Neinhart are the strongest Spriggans,with first two being ridiculously OP.
    It's not really fair comparing Ack to God Serena. Ack also fucked up Gildarts and I'd put Gildarts even above God Serena.

forget friendship power,Erza defeats her opponents by striking fear into them!!!!!

I wonder why is Neinhart sweating when he found out that Erza is related to Lady Eileen.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-04-18 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Erza BDSM fan-service, prolly the best shit I've seen this arc.
    What?

BRB, reading the chapter.

The whole chapter was fanservice with Erza. Kinda dumb.

Seems like Jellal is gonna get a fight of his own. I'm really happy about that.

The whole chapter was fanservice with Erza. Kinda dumb.

Seems like Jellal is gonna get a fight of his own. I'm really happy about that.
    I would rather watch Erza than Natsu.