Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    if the 'anti protest' was in violation of the law then the law enforcement officials present would have arrested them. See how that works.
    Wait, armed and masked is extreme? Hmm, Will that be your position universally? or just for this particular case?

Exactly what kind of extremist are you suggesting I am sir?
    I've already answered your question pretty clearly.

No it doesnt work that way, obviously. Was the anti protest allowed by the local authority as are all protests that follow the legal procedure?
    Yes, presenting yourself armed and masked to a protest is extreme. That is pretty much the standard for most people I guess.
    Then there's people like you so stuck in your bipartisan way of thinking that can't even differentiate basic things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I've already answered your question pretty clearly.

No it doesnt work that way, obviously. Was the anti protest allowed by the local authority as are all protests that follow the legal procedure?
    Yes, presenting yourself armed and masked to a protest is extreme. That is pretty much the standard for most people I guess.
    Then there's people like you so stuck in your bipartisan way of thinking that can't even differentiate basic things like this.
    So, concealing one's identity and being armed is extreme... got it.
    Complying with the law is extreme, when it goes against your preconceived notions... got it.

Will there be anything else sir? maybe a few more insults or ad hominems you'd like to use?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    This is a very one sided article. The New Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam movement are just as bad as these masked men, it wasn't like they stood outside a random mosque.

Here is a typical picture of the one of the innocent groups being oppressed...

Thst doesn't make the other group better. That just makes both groups awful imo.

If I see you have a gun in public, I'm already going to be on edge most likely. If you also happen to be wearing a mask to hide your identity, it isn't crazy to assume you're up to no good and I should gtfo.

Lets see...
    the guns, its their right to carry them, so Nope, I see no problem.
    the masks, I see no law forbidding the wearing of masks, folks that want to avoid being identified do it all the time legally, so Nope, I see no problem.
    folks exercising their right to free speech, nope, I see no problem there either.

So, the answer to your question is, Nope, Nope, Nope, I see no problem at all.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are abiding by the law, then no problem at all.
    Do you agree that Muslim Americans can do the same?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Deleted
    Complying with the law is extreme, when it goes against your preconceived notions... got it.

Will there be anything else sir? maybe a few more insults or ad hominems you'd like to use?
    I find your vain attempts to make the atrocities you said in here sound somewhat reasonable between amusing and ridiculous.
    Let's be clear Seranthor, you just said you think this:

Is pretty normal.

There's no way you may sound reasonable or logic. This is extreme and you're part of it.
    Now go be a patriot! make your nation proud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Do you agree that Muslim Americans can do the same?
    I understand reading is hard... read what I responded to again, you'll have your answer...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I understand reading is hard... read what I responded to again, you'll have your answer...
    If its so hard, make it easy on me. I am simple. Do you agree that Muslim Americans can do the same? Yes or no?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

If its so hard, make it easy on me. I am simple. Do you agree that Muslim Americans can do the same? Yes or no?
    He said yes, but as his location says, he's not from the area, so he has no idea how wrong he is.

Edit: my bad, says langley. He's still wrong.

Malcolm X was a nation of Islam member.

It's not the same Muslims most of you are thinking about.

=================

A tense, armed, anti-Muslim protest concluded Saturday with no reports of violence.

Police officers spread out across Dallas streets, sanding watch over a Nation of Islam mosque on Martin Luther King Boulevard. Members of the New Black Panther Party and the Bureau of American Islamic Relations rallied some members of the community surrounding the mosque to join the counter protest.

Dallas Police were notified in advance of the demonstration and deployed "significant resources" in the area to provide for the safety of everyone involved, as well as bystanders and members of the community.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I find your vain attempts to make the atrocities you said in here sound somewhat reasonable between amusing and ridiculous.
    Let's be clear Seranthor, you just said you think this:

Is pretty normal.

There's no way you may sound reasonable or logic. This is extreme and you're part of it.
    Now go be a patriot! make your nation proud!
    Please show me where I said it was 'normal', also what atrocities are you referring to? Please, do regal us with this insight and knowledge....

What the counter protesters did was absolutely legal, otherwise they would have been arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are complying with the law, then yes, go for it. Which is exactly what I said in response to Sydänyö.

Those things are within the law (depending on your state / local laws) but that doesn't make them any less sketchy. Masks are used to hide one's identity, and I believe they are wearing them for their protest in case shit hits the fan with their guns. Easier to deny personal responsibility if no one sees your face.

It's a scare tatic basically. One wrong move or twitchy finger, and you have a national incident on your hands. I don't feel safe around most anyone wielding a gun, and the reasons for their need to actively have their guns on their person for this protest is questionable at best.

I think that's why people are calling you extreme. Not because you believe in the laws set forth by our government.

We must tolerate intolerance apparently. Traditionally, I would be against the masked men protesters if they were outside a harmless mosque, but there is a lot of hatred within that community of the New Black Panther Party and the Nation of Islam. Seems silly to order someone to tolerate intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We must tolerate intolerance apparently. Traditionally, I would be against the masked men protesters if they were outside a harmless mosque, but there is a lot of hatred within that community of the New Black Panther Party and the Nation of Islam. Seems silly to order someone to tolerate intolerance.
    I think the other group is just as bad honestly. I think the most likely outcome from this isna fight / shootout which should be avoided.

As much as I dislike this sort of thing, they should definitely be allowed to protest at a Mosque, the same way that WBC is allowed to protest funerals. It is shitty, but if you can't allow protests you don't agree with, then you have shot to pieces the idea that ones you do agree with should happen.

However, bringing guns, that isn't a cool move and is very worrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Those things are within the law (depending on your state / local laws) but that doesn't make them any less sketchy. Masks are used to hide one's identity, and I believe they are wearing them for their protest in case shit hits the fan with their guns. Easier to deny personal responsibility if no one sees your face.

It's a scare tatic basically. One wrong move or twitchy finger, and you have a national incident on your hands. I don't feel safe around most anyone wielding a gun, and the reasons for their need to actively have their guns on their person for this protest is questionable at best.

I think that's why people are calling you extreme. Not because you believe in the laws set forth by our government.
    Now, you touch on the difference... I wasn't commenting on the sketchy, I wasn't commenting on the asshattery, I wasn't commenting on the the possibility of violence...

Not all things legal are 'normal', nor are all things legal are good idea to do (this is one of those things), Would I do something like this? Nope. Do I support locking them up if they violate the law, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    False choice fallacy. You don't have to be ok with Nation of Islam, you also shouldn't go run off to intimidate them in masks.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

It is within the law, as it is currently written. That is true. The question is why is the law that way? Remember, George Zimmerman wasn't initially charged for murder because of ".. Florida's "stand-your-ground" law, which allows someone who believes they are in imminent danger to take whatever steps are necessary to protect themselves." (source:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...uilty/2514163/) It can be argued that he got off the charge because of this. Oh yes, and the prosecution's blundering.

Any of these protesters could have found themselves in the same situation and began to open fire. Would they not be guilty of second-degree murder in a similar way? I understand this isn't Florida, but if there is one state that has loose gun restrictions, it's Texas.

This is why escalation of arms and force is a slippery slope. If both sides had been supporting/protesting the Mosque while unarmed, it would go mostly unnoticed. Maybe a scuffle or two breaks out. Instead, what you had was basically two militia in a Mexican standoff. Dallas taxpayer dollars were wasted in police force that probably could have been half or less of what they did use.

The major issue here in Seranthor's logic is that some citizens decided to use their "rights" to infringe on others' "rights", which is clearly against what the Constitution is about to begin with.

Now, you touch on the difference... I wasn't commenting on the sketchy, I wasn't commenting on the asshattery, I wasn't commenting on the the possibility of violence...

Not all things legal are 'normal', nor are all things legal are good idea to do (this is one of those things), Would I do something like this? Nope. Do I support locking them up if they violate the law, absolutely.
    I think that's why people are just assuming you're extreme. A lot of people would rather the laws be different, that protests like these shouldn't be tolerated.

Honestly, I don't disagree that they shouldn't be tolerated but with how our Constitution / state laws are set up, this is something that would be pretty damn hard to change. For the record, I wasn't calling you extreme or anything like that, just wanted to touch on some of the stuff that wasn't being mentioned yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't just some random mosque The nation of Islam is a black Supremest and anti-Semitic hate group tracked by the southern poverty law center, I'm fairly certain the protests had little to do with the Muslim religion and more to do with that.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I think that's why people are just assuming you're extreme. A lot of people would rather the laws be different, that protests like these shouldn't be tolerated.

Honestly, I don't disagree that they shouldn't be tolerated but with how our Constitution / state laws are set up, this is something that would be pretty damn hard to change. For the record, I wasn't calling you extreme or anything like that, just wanted to touch on some of the stuff that wasn't being mentioned yet.
    Can I ask, is it the guns that make the protest intolerable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.