Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Accepting donations doesn't make something not free.
    That wasn't the issue. It was whether they're doing it for free, not if it was free for the players (well most of them anyway).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Disgusting move by Blizzard.
    To defend their property? Man, you guys are so delusional...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

RIP Nost AKA Rip over 1000 hours of my time
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Most people read what you wrote, though wow that was stupid as fuck and moved on. I tried to fix that stupid as fuck, which many people agreed with me(not you.) Then I realized after 2 interaction i can't fix it. I know you want me to, but i'm not going to, i can't. But keep replying, i'm just gonna keep telling you how what you said was stupid as fuck, so if that's what you want. I'm not gonna stop you. Im sitting here bored watching tv anyways.
    Only one or two people who can't comprehend text did that. I can only think of one other than you, and that guy typed in 50% caps. Not gonna comment on that further though. But you are still here and i'm still waiting for argumentation to why it's a stupid statement. Which is amusing I haven't gotten it, since I even explained the whole reasoning to why it's not stupid. .

And thanks for dropping the battlechest subject btw. Guess I can confidently say I was proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    To defend their property? Man, you guys are so delusional...
    Defend from what, what damages?

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.

Private servers are bad for the game. They take away from active subs, which means less money for Blizzard to fix the things you thing are bad in Wow. Before you say 'lots of players on private servers have active accounts too,' keep in mind that it's not just about money. If you're logged in on a private server, you probably aren't playing a live server at the same time. Less people playing the real game at any given time means longer queues for stuff, empty zones, and then it feels less like an MMO.

Private servers are not a good solution to these problems. They just exacerbate them. Which is why Blizzard actively seeks them out and shuts them down. Not to ruin your good time, but to protect their intellectual property rights so players can enjoy the real thing rather than some shitty old version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistz View Post
    What math? They refuse to even ask players if they want a vanilla server, and when it comes up, they say "you think you want it, but you dont". They have no clue how much interest a blizzard-run legacy server would generate.
    Oh... You think they dun look after private servers? They always do, and they always look for ways to make profit. They do maths like crazies

They definitely have an estimate number of potential customers, and that number might be not big enough to cover development/support/other costs and make profit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That wasn't the issue. It was whether they're doing it for free, not if it was free for the players (well most of them anyway).
    By that logic all charities aren't free, because they accept donations. They used those donations to pay for servers and other expenses that means they didn't do it for profit.

What math? They refuse to even ask players if they want a vanilla server, and when it comes up, they say "you think you want it, but you dont". They have no clue how much interest a blizzard-run legacy server would generate.
    I wonder how much we can put our faith in Blizzard to judge what the player-base really wants, considering the state of the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Only one or two people are stupid as fuck to comprehend and agree with me.
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    This game no longer exist, they can't "steal" it. You also can't steal an IP. The only thing i can think of that they can "steal" is "consumers", but this argument is so stretched, because none of players who went for semi-vanilla experience would want live version of it
    I know, I was being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    But you didn't pay for the game, that's the point. You paid for temporary access to Blizzards game. It doesn't matter if people think the business model is shit or not, that's the reality of it. Every online game works that way. It's not just Blizzard. When you purchased Vanilla, BC, anything, you purchased install discs (if you bought the physical) and the key to activate your rental property.
    That is correct. And that flawed business model on a game that has changed not only the subscription gaming industry, but the lives of those people that played from day one is what's horse shit.

I just finally beat "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link" a few months back on an 8bit Nintendo console that I bought myself last Christmas because I found the original Zelda II cartridge in my storage unit. Felt great to get some closure to a game I purchased in 1987.

Wow being rental property? Sure it is. But clearly the original fanbase feels otherwise or we wouldn't have this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Oh... You think they dun look after private servers? They always do, and they always look for ways to make profit. They do maths like crazies

They definitely have an estimate number of potential customers, and that number might be not big enough to cover development/support/other costs and make profit.
    that's the probelm now, only looking for way to make more money

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Considering the money had to go straight to the network guys and the guys running the show refused to touch it if someone did keep it it wasn't the guys that opened the original server.
    Proof? I mean... unless you were that 1 guy that sent it to the network then no, you can't prove shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    lol I provided all the proof you need. Servers continue to exist, and are more often than not maintained solely on donations. I don't need numbers of people on servers, it is irrelevant. You claimed that if they had to pay, they would leave, so where is your proof?
    Im still subbed but I dont log into retail, I have been playing vanilla and having a blast. If I had to choose to sub to one or the other, I would sub to vanilla and cancel retail.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Defend from it being stolen? Seriously?

I'm done with you because you don't seem to understand really basic concepts.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

It's not just players they have to consider. They have to consider their investors interests. Hey guys should we update graphics, fix bugs and maintain equipment for a game we made 20 years ago or should we expand the ip some more adding more value to it? Guess which one the investors pick? This should be an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Nah not agree with me, but possible the stupid part.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The law doesn't require them. Someone using your work in an illegal way is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by idonteven View Post
    that's the probelm now, only looking for way to make more money
    It's not a problem, cuz they are running business, blizzard entertainment is a company, ofc they want to make more money. If they didn't want any money, they'd make WoW opensource and let any dev team fork the shit out of it.