Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard just doesn't like being blatantly robbed. And then the people who robbed you, dressing up your content and taking donations for it.
    Robbed for what? Money? You think thhat all those players will suddenly start playing abomination as WoD? No they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    It's 150k.
    And it would be a lot more if it was an official Blizzard server.

And if it wouldn't be worth the effort. then I wonder why they had to try and take down Nostalrius. I mean people keep saying that all those people that played on Nostalrius were literally stealing from Blizzard, so now that Nostalrius is down, even if only temporarily, all those people will now play on retail (at least that's what blizzdrones think), so Blizzard will make money from all those people. But I thought it wasn't worth it? Certainly does seem like they are contradicting themselves.
    Any chance they are working on some Legacy Servers - and thus doing some pre-policing of their IP - and just haven't announced it yet?
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I understand it perfectly well. Some play it because they enjoy it, some because it's a free game. That last part never crosses your minds though. You think you are speaking for everyone who play on private servers. There are many reasons people play on them, and not just the ones you have.
    It does, it just still doesn't change the fact that a lof of people would at least re-sub (or be more prone to continue subbing) if at least the normal sub included access to legacy realms (an extra sub is unreasonable imo).

It's just not a very big factor to increase population that much, especially when there are many other factors loweringpopulation number on private servers.

Otherwise, if price was all that mattered, WoD free private servers would have the highest populations, not Vanilla -> MoP one, right? Since what people want is WoD, and if possible, free stuff. But not only there aren't many people interested in WoD free private servers (in big part because they're likely very very very buggy still, I know) instead of retail, despite them being free, but also the most popular p servers are between Vanilla and Cata.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-04-07 at 06:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm passionate about my job. I still make money from it though.

You are being had so bad. Are you one of those people who instantly hit the donate button when someone posts a false tearjerk video about some cause?
    I've never donated to Nostalrius, or to any private server for that matter.

In fact, I'm one of the least charitable people I know.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    Try doing at least 2 minutes of reading on the subject before you make your knee jerk claims about how they were making money off of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...anmade/d1tpbcs
    I think you don't understand the argument you're railing against, but keep fighting the good fight I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Aye. Something people clinging to the shit they're fed on retail will never, ever appreciate.
    AS opposed to people clinging to the past playing Vanilla on shitty subpar private servers.

Lmao gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I've never donated to Nostalrius, or to any private server for that matter.
    Good, you are atleast a small part of the reason they got shutdown, I commend you.

Deleted
    It's a shame that Blizzard not only says "no one wants old servers", but they actually go out of their way to remove old servers from the people who do want them. It's their legal right, but damn if I was someone in charge of Blizzard, I wouldn't give a shit about several thousand people playing a very old version of the game.

I'm also a little confused at how so many people here see this as a huge victory? Did it ever effect the retail version of the game in a major way?

Anyway, old servers disappear, new servers appear, Blizzard will still hunt them down whilst saying "no one actually wants to play old versions of the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    I agree with him 100%. The people who play Nostalrius know that it is illegal. But Blizzard and the people who are against Nostalrius don't understand why we play it. Blizzard has every right to close the server down, but do they understand why so many people are going there? Those of you who are against Nostalrius, please try to understand why we are playing there before you bash us.
    I doubt people argue with WHY people go there, and I haven't seen anyone chastising people for playing there.

Its more people who are laughing at those who are claiming they have some 'right' to play there, and then verbally defending that 'right'.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    if at least the normal sub included access to legacy realms (an extra sub is unreasonable imo).
    And here we go. Ermm.... no it's not. It would require an extra team. I wonder how long it would take until people would start demanding it completely free from Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaurgen View Post
    The world was alive, we had to talk to other players to even be able to beat the content.
    And the people who prefer the live versino don't want to have to talk to other players to beat the content. (Why they signed up to an MMO I'm not entirely sure, but thats the truth of it) The game has been tailored to this crowd for the last 4 expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we go. Ermm.... not it's not. It would require an extra team. I wonder how long it would take until people would start demanding it completely free from Blizz.
    Out of interest what are you opinions on the suggestion of a (e.g.) $40 buy-in fee, alongside your normal subscription, to access legacy servers. Blizzard would make money from the people with rose tinted glasses who get bored after a few weeks; and the ones who play for longer are still paying a subscription fee...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You think you do, but you don't! O'rly?

click here

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    AS opposed to people clinging to the past playing Vanilla on shitty subpar private servers.

Lmao gg.
    To you it was "shitty" but to us it wasn't that at all. If I want to cling onto the past and play on this so-called "shitty" subpar private server, what is it to you? Why must you care how I play games?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Any chance they are working on some Legacy Servers - and thus doing some pre-policing of their IP - and just haven't announced it yet?
    Yes, there is always a Chance...

I think their reason for not (yet) releasing legacy Servers is that it doesn't fit their current business model. If they'd just release legacy Servers, theoretically you'd just have to pay your Sub fess and maybe buy the the base game. If a new Expansion Comes, you technically wouldn't Need to buy the new xpac in order to Play on the legacy Servers...

Programming wise it's not a problem at all to release legacy Servers. There's no way that they don't make backups of all their versions

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post

Lmao gg.
    I think we've covered this already but the vanilla servers > WoD servers. It's not so much clinging to the past, rather them being more fun then WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I doubt people argue with WHY people go there, and I haven't seen anyone chastising people for playing there.
    Are we even reading the same thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Out of interest what are you opinions on the suggestion of a (e.g.) $40 buy-in fee, alongside your normal subscription, to access legacy servers. Blizzard would make money from the people with rose tinted glasses who get bored after a few weeks; and the ones who play for longer are still paying a subscription fee...
    Sure, if them making Legacy servers that would only be used for a month or two was worth the investment and dev time they could be using actually progressing the game instead of sating peoples need for nostalgia.

Watch, at Blizzcon the big announcement for WoW will be Legacy servers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm against legacy servers 100%. That's your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think we've covered this already but the vanilla servers > WoD servers. It's not so much clinging to the past, rather them being more fun then WoD.
    By "we've" you mean you and the few others of the nostalgia brigade desperately clinging to the past? Yeah sure ok.

Lmao gg.