Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I appreciate your ideas , however I am not seeking advice, nor would I consider any on this board. I am in the care of a host of medical pros.
    Thank you for your "concern" however....
    My apologies then, didn't mean to be patronizing or anything, take care and good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Whenever I overeat which is rarely since I'm always at work is when I'm happy and treating myself. I never eat when I'm sad, I'm usually too drained to eat anything.
    Binge eating due to depression or emotional upset is a documented phenomenon. That doesn't mean everyone does it, but a lot of people do. Making someone emotionally overwrought or destroying what little sense of self-esteem they have normally doesn't encourage them to do anything but want to die.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Well, if you don't work clearly you must be a degenerate right ?
    Can't tell if serious

Any self-love teaching should involve teaching them enough self-worth to get to a healthy body weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow
    Well that depends on whether your unhealthy life affects others or the community such as NHS.
    Unhealthy behaviors will always increase the costs of a public healthcare system. It is not exclusive to obesity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Unhealthy behaviors will always increase the costs of a public healthcare system. It is not exclusive to obesity.
    Never claimed it was o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't know about that. It would depend on the person and their signs. If you are a Virgo, Leo, Aquarius or Sagittarius you are probably more likely to respond well to positive enforcement of a physical trait or state while say a Cancer or Capricorn would take it personally and fail to improve.

- - - Updated - - -

You also have to take their Ascendant and Midheaven into account since those also have an effect on social pressure.
    Not sure if serious. If serious, consider seeking help. If not serious, consider adding a /sarcasm tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never claimed it was o.O
    You claimed that "[it] depends on whether your unhealthy life affects others or the community such as NHS."

There's no "whether" here. Any unhealthy habit affects others if you live in a society with a public healthcare system. Unless you're claiming to be as healthiest as possible, you trade health for convenience/pleasure just like everyone else in the world. I don't see the reason to pick on overweight people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Not sure if serious. If serious, consider seeking help. If not serious, consider adding a /sarcasm tag.
    I would just right them off as a fruitloop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They should love themselves enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    Thus it's entirely logical to put them down and into a state of self-worthlessness where they ultimately don't care about the long term impacts of their lifestyle, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    You claimed that "[it] depends on whether your unhealthy life affects others or the community such as NHS."

There's no "whether" here. Any unhealthy habit affects others if you live in a society with a public healthcare system. Unless you're claiming to be as healthiest as possible, you trade health for convenience/pleasure just like everyone else in the world. I don't see the reason to pick on overweight people.
    Not every country has public healthcare
    I never mentioned obesity I said unhealthy lifestyle

Reading comprehension?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No it's not. People overplay the role of exercise. Now now, im not saying you shouldn't do it, but if you eat less, you will lose weight. Let's not dramatize this here and think that we meaning people should starve themselves. If your daily kcal limit is 2500 and you eat 2000-2200, you're eating less, thus losing weight.
    It is hardly a healthy way to lose weight, in my opinion. I disagree about overplaying the role of exercise, since I've seen countless examples of people solving the problem radically by just exercising regularly for months; of course, exercise should be intense, not that lazy style some people in gyms demonstrate.

If you eat healthy food only, then, pretty much no matter how much you eat, you won't gain useless weight. Try eating 2 kilos of apples every day; you won't feel well, probably, and your stomach will hurt from all the excessive acids - but you won't get a belly. I eat quite a lot, but most foods I eat include such things as apples, bananas, tomatoes, pears, rice, miso... Not even a hint on me being even slightly overweight. Whilst if I ate, say, 30% less, but only fast food - I would look quite different. Many Japanese eat quite a lot, but overweight people there are VERY rare; healthy food is very popular in that culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

As much as it is with every other health problem. Like saying "I know that pregnancy is tough, it's perfectly fine to smoke to relieve some of that stress!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It depends on the person. Self-love can be make you be comfortable with being fat, but Self-hate can also make you feel comfortable with being fat as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is wrong.

Self-esteem is destructive when it is unwarranted.
    No it is the first and only step to them thinking their obesity is a positive or neutral trait in the eyes of others.
    I don't know about that. It would depend on the person and their signs. If you are a Virgo, Leo, Aquarius or Sagittarius you are probably more likely to respond well to positive enforcement of a physical trait or state while say a Cancer or Capricorn would take it personally and fail to improve.

- - - Updated - - -

You also have to take their Ascendant and Midheaven into account since those also have an effect on social pressure.
    Again, it largely depends on their sign.
    Like... What? Where do you get this crap from? The back pages of the National Enquirer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well that depends on whether your unhealthy life affects others or the community such as NHS.
    It really doesn't. NHS or not, it's no one else's business how you live your life as long you're not harming others. There's no scenario in which paying into a NHS gives someone the right to call out someone else on their lifestyle.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-04-08 at 03:13 AM.

Only seeing a partial title on the front page, via mobile, made me think this thread was gonna be a whole different topic...

Nothing wrong with self-love when it comes to things that don't involve weight or appearance for heavy people. Complimenting them on their talents or personality or whatever is fine, don't teach them to love unhealthy things about themselves though.

Deleted
    Losing weight is self love.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You don't have to tell people to love them, accepting goes a long way.
    What is it to you or anyone else if Joe around the corner is a fatty?
    It doesn't hurt you in one way at all, so why do we need to tell him hes fat and disgusting and needs to go to the gym?

I have been fat, at the moment I'm still in the chubby region but in a few months ill be on my perfect weight.
    I been fat since I was 16 and ate nothing but junk food.
    Since last year I been working hard to get rid of it but all the fat "shaming, whatever you want to call it" in the world isn't helping these people.
    Its making them eat more because they are unhappy already and others are making them feel worse so they reach for a bag of crisps as fast as you can say "fatty".

Another example, I went to the gym in my first week and of course I got stared at and even got a comment from some idiot "what the fuck is that fat fuck doing here, doesn't he need to go home and munch on a bag of crisps or something"?
    I never went back there and bought a home trainer instead.

What I am trying to say to you and most of the posters above you is that this constant hate is having the opposite effect as you all hope it would have.
    You might have good intentions your taking the wrong approach.

That being said, the media isn't doing fatty's any good either.
    The weight is bad for you and telling them its all good and its others people's fault isn't the best thing either, but at least they are not bullied, laughed at and treated disgustingly just because they are fat.
    So I like how you immediately start with the "you don't know what it's like" argument. I was obese most of my life. Nobody really told me I was fat except my family (which is the worst I guess) and they'd remind me daily. I was 265 last november and I'm now 195 and muscular. The point is, I was fat and I did something about it. I didn't play woe is me and force people to find me attractive because it would be discrimination not to. I'm a realistic person and I knew being fat detracted from my image because people just don't find us attractive and I'm not going to bitch about it, it's life, so I did something about it and now I'm much happier. I just want people to feel good about themselves, and trust me, you won't until YOU find yourself attractive. If you're fat and find yourself attractive then hey that's all that matters, I don't judge people for their weight or appearance

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every country has public healthcare
    Never claimed the opposite.

I never mentioned obesity I said unhealthy lifestyle
    And that's completely irrelevant. My argument still stands. It is not a "whether" issue.