Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    Nope, Legion sounds like it's going to be the worst WoW expansion ever. The whole thing sounds like it's made for braindead people. Everything about it sounds casual and boring.
    "Everything"...? Because I checked some keystone dungeon progress today and it looked pretty damned fun. Had seasoned PVE veterans wiping left and right. The artifact system feels like you can really lose yourself in it and those playing more will always be a step ahead in it, and the overhauled professions feel like they're a step in the right direction, not to mention the new PVP system and ofc raiding that'll be offered (and hopefully remain high standard).

What does this "everything" really stand for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    It could, but the game is bleeding out, they have the money and resources to turn it around. If nothing else long enough to keep money flowing while they work on the next mmo (Diablo) since Titan didn't work as expected...one can hope.
    Diablo is becoming an mmorpg...?

1) No intention to make dungeons challenging again.
    2) No intention to make leveling difficult again.
    3) LFR
    4) Free legendaries.

Blizzard addressed none of the issues with current wow in Legion.
    Those are hardly the main issues of current WoW.

Let me list just a few:
    - garrisons
    - trashran
    - lack of content outside raiding

These are some of the reasons I quit in 6.1, none of the ones you mentioned didn't even cross my mind when I hit unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'd like to see how long a classic server would last before blowing up in hot smoke due to lack of proper maintenance. 36 hours?
    Between the potential splitting of the development team, splitting of the playerbase (players become two factions, classic players and live players), lack of maintenance, or just the server dying due to players getting burned out by doing the same thing over and over. Legacy servers don't work in other games, WoW would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Diablo is becoming an mmorpg...?
    Probably not, though I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

I'll be honest, since everyone else is making shit up, I figured I'd jump in and dream a bit too.

Deleted
    Have fun starting from scratch again then. And again and again and again.
    like alot of people do now cos theres nothing to do on live servers

3) LFR
    4) Free legendaries.

I don't know, the new challenge mode system seems to be plenty of a challenge. And leveling being "difficult" again...what would that even entail? LFR isn't a challenge, so that would mean leveling would need more complex mob mechanics than LFR bosses and be tuned around 20+ people? Yeah no...not going to happen.

Probably not, though I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

I'll be honest, since everyone else is making shit up, I figured I'd jump in and dream a bit too.
    Can I dream of a Starcraft MMO then?

Have fun starting from scratch again then. And again and again and again.
    Many Wotlk private servers nowadays offer free character transfers from one private server to theirs, so this may not be that bad.

Also other private servers don't get so easily scared off by Blizzard. Some private servers exist since like 2010 and have a far bigger playerbase than Nostalrius (and make profit; at least one server based in the EU made a couple of Million euros profit since it's start)

10+ Year Old Account
    This video sums up my general feelings about this issue pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Would explain why they dropped the ball so hard after MoP, but then again...this could all be wishful thinking, Legion could still end up just like WoD. 4 leveling zones has me worried for one.
    I haven't kept up with Leg development, but there's really only going to be 4 leveling zones? When has WoW's scope ever been so... limited? I hope the amount of quests is comparable to MoP, but only four leveling zones seems like so small of a world to be spending the next two years in.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    This going to sound harsh, but that is delusional if that were really the case then Nost would not have already be on its last legs from the cost of managing it. As stated by the server's caretakers they were going to lose it anyway.
    Not so much harsh as superlative and not based in a strong argument. It's your opinion that my view is delusional, yes, but that doesn't make it so. We have different opinions on the elasticity of demand for vanilla WoW but we lack any significant data to support either side. I'm going to suggest we avoid any pointless further argument and agree to disagree? Appreciate your input.

I would point out thought that itt wasn't on their last legs because of a lack of interest. They had issues with maintain the cost due to increased player growth. What they were struggling with is how to maintain something illegal, without violating more laws than they already did. My opinion is that donation models simply do not work. I've seen a number of local coffee shops try these out and fail quickly.

People are (generally) greedy bastards and will only pay if they have to. Give them content for free and they'll take it. Make them pay for content they can't get elsewhere and they will probably still buy it. You played on Nost over the other servers because it was authentic, stable and with a good community. That clearly has value (free server v. free server) and that value will likely not dip off after a $5 monthly fee. I mean we're talking $60 a year... thats less than most new games I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can I dream of a Starcraft MMO then?
    Fuck yeah you can!! I bet it would at least have 800k registered users and 150k active players too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    like alot of people do now cos theres nothing to do on live servers
    5 million people quit, they're not in game creating alts or playing on private servers, they just quit. You do know the only two options aren't play live wow or private wow?

3) LFR
    4) Free legendaries.

1. Challenge mode
    2. Why does leveling need to be hard with 110 levels?
    3. What about it?
    4. Which one?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Fuck yeah you can!! I bet it would at least have 800k registered users and 150k active players too!!!!
    You savage....

Deleted
    3) LFR
    4) Free legendaries.

Dungeons were never that hard. They were time consuming on Vanilla (4 hours BRD if things go well?), but hardly... hard. As soon people knew the mechanics and had some blues, bosses got easy. Same on heroics. Sure, it took some time to get used to the new difficulty, but i do remember aoeing heroic dungeons after a couple of months.

Same for leveling. Sure, i do miss the elite zones like Andorhal, but the rest of the leveling process was pretty basic. Fetch this, kill that, bring that... What make it hard was, again, because it was time consuming. If you died, you 'de need to corpse run from far far far way. Each death was like a 15 minutes run. Plus, it took loads more xp to level.

As for LFR, if you are a raider (heroic or Mythic) why the hell do you care about LFR? And if you are not a raider, again, why the hell do you care about LFR? No one is forcing you to use it, it bothers you so much what other do with the game?

As for Legendaries, my problem with them is not that they are going to be World Drops, my problem with them is that they could be mandatory for raids and then we will have to spend hours and hours and hours farming them without certainty of success.

3) LFR
    4) Free legendaries.

1. Mythic provides a challenge upto a certain extent that it isn't harder than raids. Also Challenge Modes.
    2. Why the hell should it be difficult? Levelling should be calm and relaxing.
    3. Why is this an issue? Don't do it if you don't want to as you are in no way forced.
    4. Only gripe I have is that certain elitists will probably make them mandatory but I'd be returning as a casual-midcore player anyway so meh.

Those are hardly the main issues of current WoW.

Let me list just a few:
    - garrisons
    - trashran
    - lack of content outside raiding

These are some of the reasons I quit in 6.1, none of the ones you mentioned didn't even cross my mind when I hit unsub.
    Yeah, none of the problems I have with the game right now comes down to leveling not being a challenge or 5-mans not being on par with Mythic Gorefiend...besides, when was "challenging leveling" ever an actual mechanically complex hurdle and not just a result of new players, shit tuning and class design/time restraints?

Same with Legion, the things I'm worried about are not down to challenge since it'll be there just fine...my worries are that problems from WoD will carry over, such as lack of meaningful world content and shit amounts of content in patches...

Lmao so many kool-aid drinkers on this forum. People honestly think that the majority of people playing on Nostalrius were playing there because they didn't want/couldn't pay for a retail sub? Lmaooooooo i was like lmao. How about cause they wanted to play a version of the game that wasn't absolute dog shit?

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    This video sums up my general feelings about this issue pretty well.

All these youtube personalities, even though I like their content most of the time, this is just appeasing both sides on a hot topic that will get views. They pretty much say yeah legacy, yeah illegal, maybe, maybe, maybe, whatever.