Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So what if Blizzard made Legion levelling take nearly a month to hit max level. What would happen? People wouldn't be happy.
    That's funny, I'd suggest evidence points the other way. WoDs levelling was massively slowed down compared to MoP or Cata and it's the one part of the expansion *most* people can agree was done really bloody well... (??)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Eh true to an extent, I mean even with LFR the raid participation isn't mega high, not that many people were particularly into raiding at all (I thought, if I'm wrong fair cop).

There wasn't horrendous gating on any non raid content, and whilst you could argue that the content was only "greater" because it took much more time (think you mentioned killing 10000000 turtles to afford your mount) there at least *was* a lot of stuff to do; not to mention the end-game questing that was available in the highest lvl zones. I mean sure you get your garrison missions to go join a raid group and clear out a location of Draenor every day, but I dunno, feels like you'd completeed every iteration of those quests in less time it took to finish off questing in EPL.

I do get that a large part of that is "artificial" dragging out of content by making it take longer. And that a lot of people with less time to play wouldn't appreciate a return to that style of game either.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...tweets-dlc-439

50% of 7.3 million characters completed garrosh on LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Next time Luke Lafreniere tries to call the Nost community good I'll just link him to this thread. So many toxic wastes that played on Nost, it's insane...
    and the sheeple that play retail are any better? Have you been to the official forums lately?

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Good thing you like to support them all the way even when they lie to your face

"COntent more faster"
    *shrugs* Shit happens. They wanted to release expansions faster but failed to make it happen. I don't feel they LIED to me. And even if that was the case I'm willing to forgive them because they've given me so many good experiences over the past 10+ years. I am not pissed off at Blizzard and never to the point where I'd foolishly go to Private Servers trying to recreate the old magic of nostalgia. Most private servers couldn't get close to the REAL experience when it was current content if they tried.

I've already seen/heard enough about Nost to know things were not like real vanilla, look at the class break down, changes made to AV, fixes on mob respawns, etc.

Deleted
    I mean look at it this way. Back in original Vanilla (not this bastardization Private Server shit) most of the 'content' was people just levelling to max level. That process has been streamlined. So what if Blizzard made Legion levelling take nearly a month to hit max level. What would happen? People wouldn't be happy.

Just a slow grind of levelling isn't exactly 'content' we just didn't know any better in Vanilla. There is far more to do in later expansions such as daily quests, pet battling, arenas, etc. I will admit that dungeons were more of a challenge/fun in vanilla~WotLK but maybe Legion will give us that back at least.
    The current retail players wouldn't be happy. Yes. Which is why we need to make legacy servers for people who want that type of game.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3035b6ae; 2016-04-10 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Oh it is. VERY TRUE.
    *holds his fingers in his ear* NO NO NO NO!

As if this Nostalrius news isn't saddening enough

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    MPQs dont exist and haven't existed since the launch of WoD.

Are you sure you actually know the data structure of WoW?

Also what is the point of transmitting data from a file structure that is loaded into ram and then modified? That would call for constant disk read/writes which are very unessecary as this data is constantly changing and is no longer needed once the game is shut down, as you probably know, MPQs are a passive container for storing any kind of application data to be loaded into ram.

However the most simple way to get positional data is definatly not by attempting to look for any kind of data within the passive file system, because you will find nothing. The most simple way is to either use lua which is completely accessable serverside and locally, and contains data such as player position, or use something like a vtable slot call for the local player.

But i am certain you already know this, provided your experience with client to server architecture.
    MPQ's are a new file structure. They didn't fundamentally change the way client server architecture works

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Good point, they should release content that never will be updated, that will show us!
    I think he's referring to the 292 days we've gone so far without any new content. There was an average of 3 months in between raid releases, and now we're almost at 300 days of nothing.

Yeah that might be imagination, to my surprise (maybe its due to the average knowledge of a Nos player about Vanilla being much greater than the average Vanilla player during Vanilla) it seems like people were pretty easy-going about specs in raiding on Nos. I guess a symptom of raiding when Vanilla was current was because most people would be pretty clueless, it lead to a "must bring most efficient classes for the role" mentality, but considering most of the Nos players have done all these boss fights loads and solofarmed the instances, there's a bit more lee-way.
    Not really a good argument for legacy servers. Clearing content at lightning pace even with shitty specs that is. What happens when people have exhausted it much faster than its original lifecycle was meant to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...tweets-dlc-439

50% of 7.3 million characters completed garrosh on LFR.
    Fair cop. I thought it was only about 35%
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Oh theres more! Don't think this won't come back on Blizz. Legion is gonna flop so hard.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    Except that technically it's not stealing , and its copyright infringement. It is still illegal, but you are still 100% wrong :P

And shutting down a pserver that wasn't making any profit, and providing a service that blizzard no longer provides, IS a dick move, considering there are many many pservers, almost all of them actually make money.
    copyright infringement is theft of intellectual property, I dont get your point.

Its not a dick move. Its what any, and pretty much every, sensible company does when people steal their product.

Not really a good argument for legacy servers. Clearing content at lightning pace even with shitty specs that is. What happens when people have exhausted it much faster than it's original lifecycle was meant to be?
    I dunno, takes a looong while to get raiding though. We could both make toons tonight and I guarantee you I could get fully raid decked weeks before you could get into a raid. So if you decide "Hey, Boomkin'ing MC was pretty jolly, maybe I'll try Shadow Priesting it" its gonna take you longer to switch :P

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Apparently there is still time for it to be written out (it was originally intended to be Anduin ??) so I'd voice a complaint somewhere Blizzar dmight notice because I never liked Illidan *anyway* but this would be a fucking travesty :P

Read: The first time you do anything is better than the 1087326487326498273623876234th time you do it.

Edit: Except Blowjobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh theres more! Don't think this won't come back on Blizz. Legion is gonna flop so hard.
    Can you give me some stock recommendations? I've been looking for an oracle to do this shit for me.
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2016-04-10 at 06:12 PM.

I mean look at it this way. Back in original Vanilla (not this bastardization Private Server shit) most of the 'content' was people just levelling to max level. That process has been streamlined. So what if Blizzard made Legion levelling take nearly a month to hit max level. What would happen? People wouldn't be happy.

Just a slow grind of levelling isn't exactly 'content' we just didn't know any better in Vanilla. There is far more to do in later expansions such as daily quests, pet battling, arenas, etc. I will admit that dungeons were more of a challenge/fun in vanilla~WotLK but maybe Legion will give us that back at least.
    Because they've been spoonfed for the last 6 fucking years dude. Of course arcade players wouldn't be happy. You can buy a geared lvl 90 char with gear even(?)!!! Ffs, Ffs if that's not blasphemy in terms of mmorpg game play, then I don't know what is. If that were happening during vanilla or tbc, there would've been massive outrage. Now people are used to this kind of stuff, hence the term arcade players.

Trust me, I am a wrath baby. My wow "carrer" is defined by stuff like LFD and flying mounts. I loved it back then. But when I tried vanilla I instantly knew that I was playing a real mmo, not a milked stitched up behemoth.

I dunno, takes a looong while to get raiding though. We could both make toons tonight and I guarantee you I could get fully raid decked weeks before you could get into a raid. So if you decide "Hey, Boomkin'ing MC was pretty jolly, maybe I'll try Shadow Priesting it" its gonna take you longer to switch :P
    And play the same thing over again and over again, the same thing we already played over and over again?

Holy shit that sounds unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    The current retail players wouldn't be happy. Yes. Which is why we need to make legacy servers for people who want that type of game.
    The thing is I don't give a damn about people that want that type of game. I think it is a waste of resources and would flop. Not only that it would open a MASSIVE can of worms with people demanding TBC servers or WotLK servers or patch 1.4 of vanilla instead of 1.7 etc. Blizzard seems to agree because they have said NO multiple times and as recent as at Blizzcon 2015 in November. We don't "NEED" legacy servers.

Deleted
    Speak for yourself.
    And as Pwellzor said, WoW will never be the same when you first played it. No matter how many Vanilla servers got created and crushed.