Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So we are down to a content patch every 2 years now?

Siege of Orgrimmar (Patch 5.4) was released in Oktober 2013, Hellfire Citadell (6.2) was released in July 2015 and after 14 months of no new content and the release of Legion in September, the next content patch could follow in 2017. (No, 6.1 was no Content patch, even Blizzard had to admit that)

So not only do we get less content, we even get it less often for the last 3 years now and the trend will pretty much continue like that. So 7.2, if there even is one, will be released end of 2018 or early 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingelf View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar (Patch 5.4) was released in Oktober 2013, Hellfire Citadell (6.2) was released in July 2015 and after 14 months of no new content and the release of Legion in September, the next content patch could follow in 2017. (No, 6.1 was no Content patch, even Blizzard had to admit that)

So not only do we get less content, we even get it less often for the last 3 years now and the trend will pretty much continue like that. So 7.2, if there even is one, will be released end of 2018 or early 2019.
    First of all, Legion is not said to be released in september. The september date is the last possibility. Not a given. Second: Technically 6.0, aswell as 7.0 are big content patches.

Yes, it's one patch every 2 years now. It's official. Tom Chilton said it yesterday on his mom's Twitter. Thanks for filling everybody in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So a new expansion, dungeons, raids, world bosses etc aren't considered content by you? Cause they are, in actuality

Yes, right now we are, Cpt. Obvious.

If you will, vote with your wallet. Otherwise it's kinda pointless to discuss this, as it's been done to death.

I rathely have them spend more time on good expansion then nother WoD.

Rushing things aint good and they proofed it with idea of faster expansion. WoD was terrible unless you raid day and night everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    First of all, Legion is not said to be released in september. The september date is the last possibility. Not a given. Second: Technically 6.0, aswell as 7.0 are big content patches.
    Theyre going to try to release it during the movie or the fall since those dates are when this game will sell the most.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Deleted
    Looks like it. But tbh I do enjoy wod, but I'm also looking forward to Legion. I got alpha acces, but I still spend more time in WOD. I really like the changes coming, and can't wait for it to go live
    It is true that we didn't get any real content patches beside tanaan, which annoyed me a bit. But not enough to make me angry about it

First of all, Legion is not said to be released in september. The september date is expected possibility.
    fixed that for you - expected means it can as well land in december and you can do nothing to blizzard

It's definitely not a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I personally liked the vanilla model the best where we had content patches every 1-3 months over the course of roughly 2 years. Not all content patches brought raids though, some brought new dungeons and some brought new battlegrounds. 12 content patches where some were major and some minor made the game feel more alive as there was always something new being added.

I had my fun moments in WoD, I do like the content and stuff that's available. But I do think it was way too less and that we are somehow "conned" by Blizzard. They promised way more (of course I understand that they can cut things), but not this much. Many things in WoD feel like we're still playing WoD's beta (Gorgrond anyone).

Besides that, they asked more money and they said expansions will launch faster after eachother (cliché indeed). Now I can't really care about the money, but I do care about that there isn't any content and that they lied. For such a big company which such a great reputation this is major letdown I find. How can you deliver such a flaw and why they can't be honest about it? Just an excuse, or an explanation why it is as it is now from their side would be greatly appreciated if you ask me. God damn Blizz, why/how you ruined an expansion with so many possibilities and great ideas?

To end positive: I still love you guys (Blizz) and I will continue with playing WoW (I'm still a sub). Highmaul and BRF were great, I really loved those, thanks for that. The future also seems to be bright; Legion looks impressive, really sick. I can't wait to play it, I really love everything I already saw from it. One last pray to you guys: please.... please bring back 3 raid tiers. I don't care about an expansion every year; if an expansion is good (like Legion seems to be) and there's content, it easily can last for 2 years without whining.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Raptar; 2016-04-11 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they actually expect you to unsub and then come back when there's content again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Expansions are not content patches, because you have to pay extra for them.

The point the OP is trying to make, it seems like Blizzard wants to charge money for each content update now, and they're working on ways to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    fixed that for you - expected means it can as well land in december and you can do nothing to blizzard
    It actually says "Game will be released on or before September 21, 2016.". And even though they can release later (no one can put a gun to their head and make them release it), they will have to refund everyone that pre-ordered (if they want to be refunded) and their shareholders will go berserk.

It's not a promise, it's not an expectation, it's a hard deadline.

Deleted

And yet Blizzard promised us more content and faster patches since what, Cataclysm? Guess they did the opposite of what they promised. And they accomplished this with a much bigger team? Come on, somewhere the management is f*cking up bigtime.

I don't have a problem with 2 years or 3 years one expansion IF (and that's important) we get content patches with new stuff to do during that time at regular intervalls. I'm NOT ok with having no new content for a full year. If the had released a new raid content patch in April, I would have had no problem with the WoD situation. But 12-14 months the same raid and pvp tier is bullshit.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Mmm I feast on your hyperbole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    I'm pretty sure they actually expect you to unsub and then come back when there's content again.
    I'm sure plenty of folks did just that,wonder how many will actually come back though

With the beta still to even start, September or just before is looking extremely likely.

Just because they don't add end-game content, does not mean a patch was content-less. It just means YOU didn't like what was in it. HUGE difference.