Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You must have been really good, care to share with us what your raid experience was in BC and Wrath? I'm just curious.
    Yeah I mean I don't remember WotLK with perfect clarity but I do remember being one of the first on my server to clear those dungeons on heroic and they weren't that cakewalk early on.

Of course TBC heroics were far more of a challenge so it was disappointing to see the dropoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Sorry I was getting hungry at that time, now I am full.

Agreed it was rash of me to say exact.
    No worries, I've been guilty of the same at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/medias/infographic.jpg

This is a really well done infographic. Blizzard should hire that guy. I'm not being sarcastic here. That is oatmeal quality graphic design.
    Its the same design they used for WoW's "Azeroth by the Numbers" infograph or whatever

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/123...bers-1-28-2014

It is impressive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    And that's just the people that know it's up there and not everyone who is that passionate about it.
    Although considering the noise reverberating through WoW related corners of the internet for the last week, I'd be suprised if anyone who was passionate about it didn't know it existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Blizz says a lot of things. "Reducing huge droughts in content is really a number one priority for us." They've been saying that since ICC, where has that gotten us?

3.3-4.0 12/8/09-10/12/2010 (308 days, though there was at least a forgettable filler 1 boss raid in between)
    4.3-5.0 11/29/11-9/25/12 (301 days)
    5.4-6.0 9/10/13- 11/13/2014 (429 days)
    6.2-“7.0” 6/22/15-??? (Currently at 294 days)

Just because Blizzard says something, doesn't mean it's true or will ever happen.

"Just stop talking about server economics. You don't have clue one about it."
    -You last night when the rage began.
    Whatever, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I mean I don't remember WotLK with perfect clarity but I do remember being one of the first on my server to clear those dungeons on heroic and they weren't that cakewalk early on.

Of course TBC heroics were far more of a challenge so it was disappointing to see the dropoff.
    I remember pinnacle being somewhat difficult, and gundrak wiping quite a few groups early on. Other than that it was pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Just ignore him. He's never posted a constructive post and is just hot air. Don't feed trolls.

You couldn't ignore me if you tried. And you don't know why, which is why it's hilarious to keep stringing you along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Although considering the noise reverberating through WoW related corners of the internet for the last week, I'd be suprised if anyone who was passionate about it didn't know it existed.
    You'd be surprised.

I have several Facebook friends that are excited about it as I just shared it today.

There are a lot of people out there that have given up on Blizzard and don't pay attention anymore simply because they don't want to get pushed into a borderline fit of rage over what Blizzard is doing to the game they used to love.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    Thanks for finding this!
    They had full on social media accounts for a private server on twitter facebook and twitch ?! why are we surprised it got taken down?.

I remember pinnacle being somewhat difficult, and gundrak wiping quite a few groups early on. Other than that it was pretty disappointing.
    It was the Glory achievement early on that really gave people trouble. I remember running Azjol'nerub with an Ele Shaman healing us so we could beat Anub'arak in the original pre-nerf timer (2mins, changed to 5 later iirc?).

Some of those achieves were pretty damned challenging for more at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah, the wow community is pretty self aware from what I've experienced.

I was actually talking about this while playing the division the other day. My friend was talking about how we should exploit a bug to get high end gear before everyone found out. I pointed out based on server chatter and reddit, it looked like everyone fucking knew in the amount of time it took to exploit it.

MMO-ish games have become pretty info rich thanks to social media.

yeah compared to TBC heroics WotLK was a letdown in dungeon challenge. The 3 frozen throne ones were closer to the right sweet spot but fell just a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Maybe you're right (honestly, I just hated everything in W8, so I just skipped it ).
    The other big point I made, though, was about how Blizzard integrated in B.net old games barely sold anymore, even older than WoW Vanilla and not bringing in sub money, and as such giving a good argument about how it's not that hard to integrate such old code. I find the coincidence you skipped over this part, which is the most significant, telling.
    You see, I don't think that adding Battle.Net to pre-D2 games was something made with the intention of selling more of those games, but more in the intention of connecting those games through a single game platform and allow players to talk to each other cross-game. I mean, while playing WoW, you can with your friend playing Starcraft, and another playing Hearthstone.

The argument is not necessarily that they willingly lose money because of ego (though I admit, I think it does play a role), but just that their analysis might be wrong, just like MS analysis that people would love W8 was a debacle.
    Exactly. Their analysis of no-flight for WoD turned out to be wrong, and they corrected it, thanks to player feedback. We have proof of Blizzard changing their stance on numerous things. The fact they haven't, so far, changed their tune about vanilla servers, should tell us a little about its complexity and how expensive it may be, or, in other words, its feasibility, in the business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You must have been really good, care to share with us what your raid experience was in BC and Wrath? I'm just curious.
    If I had been supa-dupa good, I would have chalked it up as "I'm a fucking God at this game so it's normal I can faceroll Wrath Heroics, /flex". The point is precisely that I was a middle-of-the-road raider in a middle-of-the-road (but awesome !!!) guild.
    We were barely able to reach BWL in Vanilla, and we barely managed to clear SSC and reach Kael'Thas (not downing him) before patch 2.4 which removed attunements. Afterward we cleared MH up to Archimonde and BT up to Gorefiend (1 % on this fucking guy T_T) before the End of WoW (patch 3.0) hit. After which, nothing counts, 'cause that was really ridiculous to have nerfed boss vs overpowered talents.

As you can see, nothing groundbreaking. Pretty average guild with pretty average players.

On WotLK, we basically facerolled the 5-man (I still laugh hearing Loken was "challenging", considering we just brute-forced him with quest and TBC raid gear), and facerolled Naxx (very first raid evening, we went in with 18 guys, ended up with 21 as three more finished their leveling while we were raiding - which must give you an idea of their gear... - and cleared two wings). Ulduar started nice, and we went up to Yoggy, but then the news of 3.2 patch with raid gear available through 5-man just broke the little interest I had for WoW (yeah I HATE shortcuts allowing to bypass content, I like PROGRESSION), and since then I've been basically on-off with the game, went back for ICC a few monthes, then went back for early Cata until they nerfed the heroics and it was back to WotLK faceroll, then skipped MoP entirely and came back for WoD (wrong call there, I should have done the opposite, as I loved MoP leveling and hated every single thing in WoD, but well).

Here, story of my WoW life. I'm not an exceptionnal player, but I like to break my teeth on something before being able to overcome it, and WotLK heroics were absolutely not something you could break your teeth on, with AoE zerging from day 1. I remember several anecdote from these runs about how boringly easy they were even with low gear.
    Pinnacle is the only single one we had some difficulty with (the gauntlet with the blue drake). Until we stopped derping and correctly avoided the breath.
    After getting to know the instances, it was even more comical. We two-manned normal Pinnacle at lvl 78 until Ymiron with a friend (and had to ask for a third to give us a hand, 'cause Ymiron, well, that was a bit much for two guys in quest gear).
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-04-11 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I don't even mind that, it's that the entire group stacks on his ass and dies to his swirl of death that I mind.
    ...The cycle is complete....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    It was the Glory achievement early on that really gave people trouble. I remember running Azjol'nerub with an Ele Shaman healing us so we could beat Anub'arak in the original pre-nerf timer (2mins, changed to 5 later iirc?).

Some of those achieves were pretty damned challenging for more at the time.
    That is probably what I remember then.

Deleted
    If anyone who had a hand in setting up Nostralius is reading this, I suggest you prove to Blizzard that you didn't profit from this server, personally. There are ways to do this.

Also, releasing your code will kill all credibility you might have had, because this is someone's livelihood at stake. Blizzard will just keep shutting down servers. That will alienate many people, but they will do it.

Blizzard can simply invest their money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I dunno. I mean this would also assume I would bludgeon them with a heavy object for saying something so corny. But as far back as I can remember no I've not bludgeoned any of my friends in the past X years.

But besides the comedy, I mean I guess 'journey matters' but it is really just the slow exp grind of Vanilla more than 'the journey'. But I don't get people that have 25 max level alts either. To each their own.
    Unbeaten content makes the world feel never-ending, remember?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.nostalrius.org/medias/infographic.jpg

This is a really well done infographic. Blizzard should hire that guy. I'm not being sarcastic here. That is oatmeal quality graphic design.
    I really like the France 1835 population useless statistic that is completely irrelevant to the reader and content, and 'Administation' typo.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is probably what I remember then.
    Well that was the original idea of the achievements. The hardcore got the uber mounts and achieves and the casuals just got the gear. It didn't work out and we got an amazing use of the system in Uld, then saw the perversion starting with ToC with the heroic/normal split starting us down the path that just got horrid with the introduction of LFR.

I still think that if people could have gotten over the gear piece of their e-peen the Wrath launch system would have worked. There just wasn't any reason to do it any more than once for the achieve. It was hard to get, but irrelevant after you got it.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Also, releasing your code will kill all credibility you might have had
    Yeah, I think this is the one thing I've heard that really kind of disgusts me. Nost dudes, I advise against actively trying to stick it to the people you're trying to convince to work with you.