Quote Originally Posted by Reah View Post
    Well I'm glad that they shut down the server. All it was comprised of was a bunch of self entitled pirates who thought they had the right to use someone else's property without paying for it. If you don't like WoW anymore then you simply do without. This is and should be the case with any private server. If you are unwilling to play WoW in it's current iteration then you simply don't play it, period.
    If it would be that easy, for the company and for us, then we wouldnt need any feedback on any products ever, a group of unknown size currently tells Blizzard that they want these servers, be it their own or from another licensed company, and the majority of them would pay for it. (implying that from what ive seen and heard here and on these servers)

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    If it would be that easy, for the company and for us, then we wouldnt need any feedback on any products ever, a group of unknown size currently tells Blizzard that they want these servers, be it their own or from another licensed company, and the majority of them would pay for it. (implying that from what ive seen and heard here and on these servers)
    The problem then comes back to if that majority is enough to bring profit for them doing it. Which is something only Blizzard knows since we don't have access to cost/time estimates for a project like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reah View Post
    Well I'm glad that they shut down the server. All it was comprised of was a bunch of self entitled pirates who thought they had the right to use someone else's property without paying for it. If you don't like WoW anymore then you simply do without. This is and should be the case with any private server. If you are unwilling to play WoW in it's current iteration then you simply don't play it, period.
    Which is what the majority of players have already done. WoW has declined from its position as a social phenomena and currently resides at somewhere between 2-5 million subscribers. Yes, that might still be more than most MMORPG's, but considering the decline in the last 12-18 months alone the game could be literally dead by the time Legion is finished as an expansion.

There's a reason why Legion is branded as the "fan-service expansion", and it's not Class Order Halls or pruning. It reeks of desperation in many ways, by putting the standard weapon system aside for upgradable legendary weapons in lore and by bringing Illidan back from the dead. Not to mention demon hunters and the appearance of Turalyon and Alleria.

Piracy, by its very nature, exist to cover a demand IP holders do not support. Netflix is a very recent thing, you know? Such implementations actively combat piracy with great effect. Provide a service that covers the demand, and reap the rewards for doing so. Why are Vanilla servers so popular? Popular enough that a single server alone could stand as a relatively successfull f2p MMO if it was a legal implementation of a product, if the numbers are trustworthy? Guess what? There's a demand that isn't being met by Blizzard and it has been a demand for well over half a decade. Private servers are NOT a NEW thing. It's been around for many, many years. Many have been quite large as well. This specific server merely got more attention. It's a first time for Youtubers to get involved in the subject. It might actually lead to a discussion other than "you think you do, but you don't"-comments.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2016-04-12 at 06:43 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, sure, ask paladins how threat wasn't irrelevant. It was "difficult" to manage only because blizzard fucked it up with paladins being "aoe tanks" and warriors being "boss tanks". The "difficulty" was artificial. It was literally "warriors will not manage aoe tanking better than paladins, and paladins won't have any trouble with it".

I'm not trying to argue that threat wasn't a game mechanic, i'm saying that it was irrelevant mechanic to the point that players simply ignored it and it as well couldn't be mechanic at all (for funsies - many new-somewhat-experienced players had no clue that threat even existed and had no clue why they have to wait for 10 seconds after a pull. If you want a proof - look at amount of hunters with howl on their pets on auto-cast). Just like healers ignored mana management with BiS gear in late WotLK. Just like mages ignore mana management (outside of arcane spec). There are plenty outdated and irrelevant mechanics that should be removed and replaced with better ones (which is finally after 5 fucking years addressed by blizzard).

My point is - threat was non-existent mechanic back then, and it haven't changed much over 10 years. I have no hopes that it will ever be fixed, and i don't think that it needs to be fixed, it only adds unnecessary inconvenience to players. But mobs fixated to *tank role* would be boring as fuck. So. I don't now. As long as tank does his "rotation" right he shouldn't drop any aggro, DPS should be "immune" to aggro (because you want to do max DPS at all time, taking aggro because of your high DPS while tank is doing fine is fucking dumb idea), healers - they can't generate threat that much anymore (since early vanilla iirc when 1:1 heal/threat ration was changed and overheal healing threat was removed too)
    Paladin tanks did not make threat an irrelevant mechanic like your suggesting. They were utilized more often for AOE situations, yes, but they did not trivialize threat to the extent your suggesting. They also had troubles holding threat themselves without a hunters MD. I encourage you to really take a look at tanking in BC and educate yourself.
    I do believe that they should work to improve on already existing mechanics, instead of removing them outright.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    In vanilla, most zones had a Elite quests. The rewards for those quests were better than the rewards for normal quests. So most people wanted to do them, but they required help as you could not solo them.
    Sorry thats your tainted glass again. Ofc you could solo them if you knew how to use your cc....

Thats my druid doing a level 39 quest at 33 but hey, go on to claim vanilla was soooooo hard....

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Thanks, but having no luck. Did you know mouse over macro's don't work in Vanilla? I did not know that.
    Classic Mouseover is an addon developed by a player on another private server that allows you to do mouseover stuff.

Not much use now, sure, but now you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry thats your tainted glass again. Ofc you could solo them if you knew how to use your cc....

Thats my druid doing a level 39 quest at 33 but hey, go on to claim vanilla was soooooo hard....
    ROFL...
    That is a collection quest. You could do it at level 1.
    Elite quests required a group at level. Unless there was an exploit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    You're high - two classes could solo elites with relative ease in close quarters: Hunters/Warlocks. And even hunters had a hard time with elites that would hit your pet for 25% of it's HP...the game was harder then, the rewards weren't epics for 5min of your time and you had to actually try.
    Classes that could solo alites are everyone with cc aka hunters, locks, druids, etc....but go on vanilla was hard just because you where unskilled....

TROLOLOLOLOLOL.
    Thats what you use when you run out of arguments....
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-12 at 06:54 AM.

Druids were probably the single best class at completing difficult quests, such as elite quests, on your own. Paladins and hunters came a close second. That was a well-known fact for any druid while leveling. Druids were famous for that one thing: while leveling, it was an insanely strong class. At end-game druids (especially feral druids) became healbots or hybrid-spec PvP'ers with instant healing touches.

One could argue that a skilled hunter perfecting his kiting could be even more effective, and that is true in the case of kiting certain mobs to a city like Stormwind.

Druids were at their strongest between level 30-49.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2016-04-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aituul View Post
    Paladin tanks did not make threat an irrelevant mechanic like your suggesting. They were utilized more often for AOE situations, yes, but they did not trivialize threat to the extent your suggesting. They also had troubles holding threat themselves without a hunters MD. I encourage you to really take a look at tanking in BC and educate yourself.
    I do believe that they should work to improve on already existing mechanics, instead of removing them outright.
    Had to save Muru wipes many a time with a well placed holy wrath because one of our dumb Warlocks put up seed of corruption up to early and would pull aggro on all the little void bastards that spawned after killing a big one. Stupid Warlocks always pulling aggro.

I never had too many issues holding single target threat, especially when it came to a boss with a fast attack speed. We were infinitely better at threat on someone like Prince Malchezaar because during the axe phase he would smash through a warriors shield block instantly and start to crush their faces off while holy shield with it's 8 block charges usually held up until the CD was done and all those charges generated soooo much threat.

Slow attacking boss mobs holy shield didn't do a whole bunch of threat so Warriors were much better for them, but it's not like a Paladin couldn't do it. I will say that the better your gear got the harder it was to keep threat up as a Paladin.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2016-04-12 at 06:52 AM.

Deleted
    Ways to improve wow:
    Take away faction/race transfers
    That improves wow, how?
    Server X-fers put a 6month cooldown on your character to transfer again
    Amg dont let Blizzard make any money cause they are in it for the love right?
    Merge servers to make mega servers (20,000ppl/server) with balanced factions
    No thank you we dont need lagalooza again.
    Remove LFR
    So you dont wanna any raid - aka your a special snowflake with a others dont desreve what I have syndrom, ok.
    Re-introduce rare patterns that are BiS
    Re-introduce some thing that never existed....
    Enforce gear-checks on bosses
    So you want a simpleton fight like Patchwerk instead of something for peoples with Skill aka Mythic Archimonde?

Clkearly your stuck in the past with the "but I want this"-syndrom.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    Do it with a warrior. When people say Vanilla was hard they meant rolling a warrior.
    No, if that's what you think you will be in for a rough reality check at how much powercreep has rendered your regular mob less lethal than a sponge, that is if you compare how dangerous mobs were in Vanilla. Druids were exceptional because they could reset combat, heal, fight relatively effectively with both spells and melee while leveling, take a beating in bear form and had decent CC. Not many classes could do that as effectively in the level range 30-49. Moonfire spam was a legitimate thing... even if the video was meant as a joke.

How to moonfire: Apply high rank moonfire to apply a dot, spam a lower rank moonfire ability so as to not reset the dot.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2016-04-12 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You do realize that the point of Vanilla\Legacy Servers is to not receive updates, correct?
    So you dont want a Nost with staggered release of content? make up your mind...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Played for over 10 years. Game is better now than it was then. Get over it.
    Sure you did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    Blizzard will sanction one like Nostalrius and nurture it under their wing.
    On the day our savior rises again...aka never.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I had forgotten to quite using the obsolete word 'difficulty' and replace with 'tedium/tedious' also. As I understand Forum Logic here, if the mob does more damage, it isn't more difficult, just more tedious. This is a fascinating discovery because it means that in many cases blizzard has been lying about multiple difficulty levels, where in fact there were only mulitple Tedium levels.

Say want to run instance xyz on Heroic Tedium?
    I don't like tedium which is why I like vanilla. Ain't none if that in there, now garrisons and shipyards on the other hand.

Deleted
    That is 5% retention rate for retail over the time of 12 years for a sub based game.
    Nost had 18.75% over the time of 12 month for a free game
    fixed it so a 5 year could see which make more profit for blizzard.

That improves wow, how?
    I dunno man, Hide of the Wild was pretty damn awesome and nothing definitively better appeared until Patchwerk. Flamegor did have one comparable though but it was a toss up.

Deleted
    Lionheart Helm comes to mind first, as a Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is 5% retention rate for retail over the time of 12 years for a sub based game.
    fixed it so a 5 year could see which make more profit for blizzard.
    Ouch. 95% of the people that have ever played WoW have stopped.
    Thanks for pointing that out. That does make it look much worse.