10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Give them extra work when they're working to fix it, flawless logic.
    I mean the people who handle refunds and the people who work on the game aren't the same...

Although why you would waste time getting a refund just to rebuy it in a few weeks is beyond me.

Well i haven't encountered any problems myself. Decided to take a break from braving the unknown and help some players out and ran into a couple bugs.

The Crystal Sage has a nasty bug that sometimes the copies of him won't despawn so you can just attack them endlessly, regardless if the real one is already gone. Only expereinced this bug once, death fixed it.

Also regarding the Warrior Covenant aka Praise the Sun:
    In the Undead Keep if you go from the bonfire, sprint past everything down the stairs, through the archway, fall through the hole in the floor. You can find the covenant symbol there and begin wracking up them sunbro points. You won't be able to visit the altar until much later in the game unfortunately.

Thoughts so far:
    First area was awesome, figured i missed some stuff since i saw some people with the Uchigatana running around already. I'll probably go back and get it. First boss i faced, real push over as a night. Just stay in his asshole and it's an easy win. Now the boss i absolutely hated, the big tree dude. That guy was annoying as hell. Thankfully i thought up a good strat. His attacks almost always 1 shot the mobs, so if you're getting overwhelmed kite to the otherside of the room and double/triple roll out of the way when he lumbers over to you so you don't get hit. Get a few quick hits in (took about 3-4 with the Ice Weapon) and rinse and repeat as necessary. When you enter phase 2 (downstairs buttsmash) i started in the front and gave it some good damage before the boss rotated so i had free access to his back. I focused all my effort on killing that part of him and as soon as it was done sprinted to the front and gave it 1-2 hits finishing it off. I was able to let stam recharge a bit and was easily able to finish the boss before he ever "recovered". As i've progressed through the areas, i like the random NPC's thrown throughout that feel like you're in PvP. I had a bit of fun with the Wolf Covenant for a bit, but for me that area is a bit too big to constantly PvP in as it's easy to hide. For the next area it's where i stopped for the night, but just a word of advice, sprint through the dudes coming up from the ground. If you see a dude with a fire sword, either kill him quickly or run like hell as he'll charge you and explode.

Love it so far

Dont be a pussy and kill the weeb the right way, aka parry souls

http://i.imgur.com/rgUK7J6.jpg

As someone who hates controllers with a passion I was pleasantly surprised that keyboard and mouse was actually properly usable in a dark souls game without a 3rd party program.

I noticed one problem though, I'm not sure if this is a keyboard and mouse issue but it seems that the game put your inputs in a queue and then executes them in the same order later.

For example, the first boss knocked me down and if I pressed my estus button twice while I was on the ground he would slowly stand up and then drink his estus twice, but if I wanted to dodge while I just got back up because the boss was about to attack again then I had a problem because the game already locked in multiple actions in a row. It's the same when you want to hit a mob twice and you press the attack button multiple times while the animation of the first attack is underway, the game will then without further input attack like 3-4 times.

I'm not sure how to properly describe it but it's sort of like it saves your inputs while you are in another animation and it's very very very annoying.

Deleted
    Anyone knows how to parry and backstep with keyboard and mouse? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    I'm not sure how to properly describe it but it's sort of like it saves your inputs while you are in another animation and it's very very very annoying.
    Dark Souls always saves your inputs as far as I know, it made me unlearn button mashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Anyone knows how to parry and backstep with keyboard and mouse? :s
    According to the options, default is LCTRL/shift+right click, didnt test it as I spent last two weeks learning to use controller in preparation.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2016-04-12 at 12:33 PM.

Anyone have a semi decent keybind for kick on a controller? 80% of the time the current keybind doesn't go off for me. Might just rebind it over triangle, hardly used 2 handing on my pyromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dark Souls always saves your inputs as far as I know, it made me unlearn button mashing.
    Mmmm didn't notice this at all in Dark Souls 2 but I was using Autohotkey because the standard controls were god awful, that might have stopped the annoying action queuing somehow :/

Deleted
    Bet you all wish you lived in South America.

"And if ya'll missed it, South Americans were able to get the deluxe version (season pass) on price glitch for 14 pesos ($0.75). So anyone in those regions that's interested in a copy should definitely trade for it. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of parrying, has anyone figured out how it like...works? In the tutorial area it said L2, which I thought was obvious, but L2 did like...a shield bash thingy instead. I couldn't seem to get the timing right to make it parry. The shields I've picked up since don't even have an L2 animation, as instead my right-hand weapon goes into its secondary mode when L2 is held down. I feel dumb for asking but I really couldn't figure it out and I'm not going to Google anything in fear of spoiling something.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-04-12 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like in previous games only certain shields and weapons can parry. But if your shield or weapon can parry then it would be L2.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually nvm. Since l2 is your weapon art. I don't actually know how to parry.

Parrying works on all shields that aren't greatshields. As for the secondary mode, tap triangle as you're 2h'ing it preventing yourself from using your shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's odd is that with the shield I'm using now (a basic kite shield), even when I'm definitely one handing my right-hand weapon L2 still goes into the weapon art mode. When I equip the wooden shield from the tutorial area L2 does a shield bash. The shield bash doesn't seem to be able to parry or I just don't have the timing down?

Thinking about getting this game (never touched a dark souls) was wondering if people could answer a couple dumb questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to.

Do you have any real control over how you look or are you kinda just stuck using whatever you find because it has +2 butt padding and you'll be *significantly* worse off if you don't use it? Know this isn't exactly a fashion game but it kinda takes the fun away when my char looks like an asshole.

Are the weapons really just up to preference or does the game kind of push you into using certain weapons for certain encounters or? Almost everything I looked up had people using sword and board, which isn't something I'm crazy about in most games. I tend to prefer the more aggressive dual wield types which I see exist in this game, but I'm having a hard time finding the up sides to dual wielding when looking it up. Usually you get that trade off of defense for more damage / mobility but I can't tell if that exists here.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Thinking about getting this game (never touched a dark souls) was wondering if people could answer a couple dumb questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to.

Do you have any real control over how you look or are you kinda just stuck using whatever you find because it has +2 butt padding and you'll be *significantly* worse off if you don't use it? Know this isn't exactly a fashion game but it kinda takes the fun away when my char looks like an asshole.

Are the weapons really just up to preference or does the game kind of push you into using certain weapons for certain encounters or? Almost everything I looked up had people using sword and board, which isn't something I'm crazy about in most games. I tend to prefer the more aggressive dual wield types which I see exist in this game, but I'm having a hard time finding the up sides to dual wielding when looking it up. Usually you get that trade off of defense for more damage / mobility but I can't tell if that exists here.
    There is the term Fashionsouls for a reason you arent forced to use anything you dont want to.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

@-aiko- @Poppincaps @Djriff Only small shields can parry, medium shields no longer can, IIRC.

@Baconeggcheese dual wielding is more risk for more damage.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2016-04-12 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough, people actually refer to the games as "Fashion Souls" because you can pretty much wear/use whatever you want. Pretty much every piece of equipment is viable.
    Pretty much every weapon is viable. Sword and board is the most commonly used setup because it's more forgiving but I fully intend on doing a build where I either two hand or dual wield weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What's odd is that with the shield I'm using now (a basic kite shield), even when I'm definitely one handing my right-hand weapon L2 still goes into the weapon art mode. When I equip the wooden shield from the tutorial area L2 does a shield bash. The shield bash doesn't seem to be able to parry or I just don't have the timing down?
    Probably just timing. That's weird about the kite shield. Does it say piercing as the damage type? Try using a knight's shield (that's what I use).

Traditionally the souls games have been fondly called fashion souls. While during most boss fights you'll want to equip w/e is best for the encounter regardless of looks, once you get enough skill under your belt you can wear w/e looks best to you.

Weapons are almost entirely up to preference, but you'll find that some weapons are better vs certain enemies. For example if you're facing a fully armored knight, you'll do more damage with a mace than a sword of equivalent damage due to the damage type it produces. Personally I prefer a long sword type weapon, the ice weapon you can get early on works prefect for me as it's a mix of slash and stabs. As for DW, you can do it, there's even some weapons that when you tap Y/Triangle to 2h, you end up dual wielding. This gives you a couple of advantages over regular dual wielding. The move set is much more fluid to the weapon. You don't have to carry more equipment than you want to. You can quickly swap to a shield if you need to hunker down for a bit. As for mobility as long as you below the 70% threshold of equipment weight you'll be able to roll quite fast. Go above it and you'll do what's called a fat roll where you literally roll like a severely obese person and lose a lot of speed doing so. When DW'ing you'll rely a lot on rolls and it's a rough playstyle to get use to if you're new to the game.

Just did a pvp fight, the lag was awful, the other player was taking damage after 1 - 1.5 sec. :|

Other than that the game is awesome. Fallen Knight armor!

I had an encounter yesterday where the guy's model was just sliding around and randomly doing damage to me. Hit my black crystal real quick.