10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    A reply to what you said, not a reply to what you said 13k posts ago.
    It was more like 10 after that. I assume life isn't being easy on you. Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "I didn't play it"
    "It wasn't that great"
    ok
    Yea his comment made little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Nos was supposedly failing to meet its hardware costs in donations and was closing because of that. At least that is what people claimed in the first few dozen pages, I don't have the interest to verify those claims.

Yeah I don't think there is the interest to build a solid business case for it. I think it's a lot of hassle for not a lot of reward.
    Here the truth
    Hardware should not be paid for more than 3 months ahead of the current date.
    Hardware #1 - 275€ / month - 19th June 2016
    Hardware #2 - 125€ / month - 18th May 2016
    Hardware #3 - 14€ / month - 7th June 2016
    Hardware #4 - 10€ / month - 16th June 2017

So yes, the hardware was paid for a good 3 months ahead, the limit they made incase of Blizzard closing it. But go ahead, keep believing lie if you prefer, that what most people do anyway.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Holy shit you jumped to some conclusions there. I was having an honest discussion with the guy. You'd have seen that if you had bothered to read his reply and mine after that.

And I am not miserable, but hey what's another assumption.
    Yeah I think Tuesdays got the wrong message from your posts. You've been quite civil Ratatosk and the discussion has been quite good.

How on earth people who deliberately bait post in order to be able to report people can expect others to believe a word they say about legion alpha, or anything else for that matter, is risible to say the least

Seriously?

Anyway, back to the thread

Never played a private server, sorry to see so many people who obviously enjoyed one lose it and the community it obviously built

And for the fanboys, no I do not approve of IP offences
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    "I didn't play it"
    "It wasn't that great"
    ok
    ive seen gameplay of vanilla it looked very bad. and i know its 2004 and its not 2016 but it just was

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    You absolute little snitch haha. You go ahead and report me, makes me believe more you never played vanilla, anyone this childish must have made you about 2 years old to be acting like this now ffs.

How exactly did i attack you anyway?
    Well maybe the line above "How exactly did I attack you anyway?" is a start. As for me I have no reason to doubt they played Vanilla. I mean some did and some didn't, I'll take someone's word for it because it isn't important enough to question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonssown View Post
    Completly agree, everyone I know who wishes to play on Legacy servers have no probs at all paying full for it.
    That's still hoping people are being completely honest and we are still not sure about amount.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well it was fine till the dungeons became a 1 button Aoe fest. Then it became a little boring doing the 5 mans.
    Yup if Legion brings back fun and challenging dungeons again I will be quite happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonssown View Post
    Completly agree, everyone I know who wishes to play on Legacy servers have no probs at all paying full for it.
    That is just one of those statements that is easy to call BS on though. Yes there are people who would have no problem paying for it but not EVERYONE will do it. And some of them might just outright lie about it because they don't want to admit that they just couldn't do it financially for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mannen1338 View Post
    ive seen gameplay of vanilla it looked very bad. and i know its 2004 and its not 2016 but it just was
    Together with TBC and the beginning of wotlk it was the best state the game has ever been in, so you're talking poop now.

'it just was' is not an argument, nor is it relevant to any of the things people loved about vanilla.

Why are you even in this thread? It seems you do not even know what this is about.

Deleted
    "I didn't play it"
    "It wasn't that great"
    ok
    i mean if i was the same age as i am now in 2004 i would probably enjoy vanilla, but i dont now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *whistles* Well I dunno about that one. Everquest was pretty damn well done but the difficulty curve + the elitist mentality (followed by having to get keyed to go into zones) made it very damn difficult to feel included for new players. WoW came around and shattered that by letting people have far more freedom. Also the gameplay compared to EQ was quite impressive and was far more fluid.
    Oh I am sorry, did I say EQ, or mmorpg's?

EQ was a husk compared to wow, hell a fucking cobweb in a dungeon added more atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen gameplay of Ocarina of Time and it doesn't look that great and the graphics are terrible. Obviously this game must be bad!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Each to there own Eleccy, as ive said before i prefer the slow paced grindy kind of game.
    Game does need more grind and I'm not talking just a legendary quest or some rep only.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay was good, fair enough it would be better with the current ui and ease of macros. But its a fine line to making it to "convenient" with certain addons and unsociable group finders.

Deleted
    oh im sorry, am i triggering vanilla people for saying vanilla didnt look great as people say. Im pretty sure i would enjoy vanilla if i ever played it

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Game does need more grind and I'm not talking just a legendary quest or some rep only.
    Tbh I would say remove welfare legendaries. Wrath had a perfect balance of hard and easy content like I said and no instant gratification bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Oh I am sorry, did I say EQ, or mmorpg's?

EQ was a husk compared to wow, hell a fucking cobweb in a dungeon added more atmosphere.
    Fair enough there were SOME other options but it wasn't like it is today where you can chunk a rock out a window and hit 2 mmo's and land next to a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    It was more like 10 after that. I assume life isn't being easy on you. Bless.
    Doesn't change what you said in your post, ya'know, the one I replied too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup if Legion brings back fun and challenging dungeons again I will be quite happy.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just one of those statements that is easy to call BS on though. Yes there are people who would have no problem paying for it but not EVERYONE will do it. And some of them might just outright lie about it because they don't want to admit that they just couldn't do it financially for whatever reason.
    Aye, but think about this: What if.. the cost was set to 50% of the full retail price? Which in EU would be 6,49£/Month.
    I don't think the price would be an issue though.