Quote Originally Posted by Kleft01 View Post
    What? he posted a pic of an email he sent too blizzard.

You can contradict my opinion all you want, he didnt.

It was clearly only posted to bait and troll people...
    Sent it to them via Facebook and Twitter as well.

You can call it whatever you want.

You like Classic, whoopdedoo. A great many people do not. (The masses that weren't getting their boots licked by others and had to lick others boots to get anywhere, for example.)

There's nothing to refute in any of your posts. You don't like my opinion, want a cookie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Blizzard has 100s of millions of accounts made yet only 2million (if that now) active. What does that say?
    thats still better then 9k people playin daily on nost (see i can make numbers too....) plus retaild still has way more players then nost had the HUGE difference is that they are split by region.

https://i.imgur.com/VBFK2qY.jpg

Was Fun while it was around thats for sure! In the 6 months i played it i had alot more fun than i have had on retail in the last 3 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    This is what it really boils down to. There's a fear from these entitled players that certain Vanilla ideals appealed to people and upon seeing the popularity of a Vanilla server some of the things that made the game great might spill over into retail and it would ruin their lobby game.
    I think its more of the worry that people will spill out of retail into vanilla, then they'll have to follow suit and actually have to work or sink time into it.

They say they wont, but they will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude View Post

Was Fun while it was around thats for sure! In the 6 months i played it i had alot more fun than i have had on retail in the last 3 years
    How the fuck blizzard can turn their back on this version is beyond me.

Kazzak in Ironforge? Doesn't look like fun at all. You don't realize you really don't want to play Nostalrius. You just think you do. Back to your garrison, please. /s

Quote Originally Posted by atychiphobia View Post
    Sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think Blizzard would say yes to that. Also hard for people to donate money for a kickstarter that is only "if Blizzard says yes when we have the money to purchase the license."
    Sidenote to that, Nostalrius actually tried to contact Blizzard multiple times (as they stated on reddit and on their own forums), probably not on the "right" way to approach a license purchase tho, but who knows.

Deleted
    Oh come on, are we still crying over this? Let me tell you a few secrets:

1. Private servers suck. The reason why there are vanilla server is that private servers can't even make the death knight starting area to function properly. All they can do sort of right is vanilla. And maybe TBC. But that's a big maybe.

2. Vanilla wasn't that good. It looked worse, there was no central story, you had less class choices, less profession, less endgame content, well you kinda had less everything. It was also riddled with bugs.
    Sure it didn't hand you things on a silver plate (which is good) but always running back to class trainers, havingt to train weapon skills, having to waste bag space on ammo, and going to the battle master every time you wanted to que for the (very limited number of) battlegrounds was challenging in the way houswork is. If I want to do chores I'll go an mow the lawn. That doesn't require a subscription fee.
    You might thinkthat at least group content was more challening but that's just your memories playing with you. Blizz was still pretty new to boss fight designs. What really WAS difficult was getting a party together with no matchmaking, 40 man raid sizes and the need to travel to the entrance (no flying by the way). If you don't think that's a problem, think about where your Vanilla friends are now. The game came out ten years ago. Chances are everyone already has a family and job. Or at the very least attends college. Try to coordinate when they all have free time and you'll soon realize that it just won't work. And no there won't be a lot more players. WoW is behind on current MMO trends as it is. No need to set them back ten more years.
    Also numbers don't lie a lot. Subscription steadily increased all the way till Icecrown Citadel. So it isn't worth it to host a whole bunch of servers for a handful of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    What with killing off a non-profit fan-made project of their old game they're no longer providing, don't intend on providing, and on top of that have "lost the code" to.
    How about for starter we stop with this LIE? the hosting company in france made a profit of Blizzards IP thanks to the nost crew and thats a given fact.
    Let's hope The Warcraft Movie buys them some good will, they need all the help they can get.
    As said its just another tuesday for blizzard..... the murican generation sadly tends to make elephants out of flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats still better then 9k people playin daily on nost (see i can make numbers too....) plus retaild still has way more players then nost had the HUGE difference is that they are split by region.
    Okay, so argue one way, then jump to something else when proven wrong. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Here's what you're saying:

WoD:
    Queue up for Dungeon, LFR, PvP, Questing, Dailies
    Join RANDOM group of people from all over the world to do whatever.
    Do Activity without talking, probably takes 10-15 min tops and you log out for the day.

Vanilla:
    Find Dungeon group in Chat channel
    Travel to instance
    Coordinate during dungeon (CC/CD's/etc.)
    Dungeon takes 1-2hrs,
    Shoot the shit
    Maybe you make a friend.

PvP only takes place with people on your realm - you are bound to run into them again
    You can only raid with people on your realm - you HAVE to make friends
    People more than you think actually grouped to quest...especially what I saw on people's streams of nost.

You obviously never played back then because your lack of knowledge on the subject is telling. Which is fine - Cata/Pana/Wod Babies will never understand it and will continue to have everything and more handed to them on a silver platter.
    Lol bro you can even check my post history & you'll see me mentioning some of the grindy shit I've done for random mounts, achievements, or old random pieces of gear even. Think you're hot stuff then link your achievemnts & FoS & really see which one of us only does said content via a silver platter

Your little explanation of current WoW is underwhelming to say the least. Joining a "random group to do whatever" for 10-15 minutes is not every player & you're assuming that players are only doing minuscale immediate gratification activities. You obviously never were part of the 14+ hour long Poundfist camps where players waited for the rare & just talked with other players while passing the time, and before you say only hardcore 1% players did that there were plenty of undergeared players in many of those groups. I honestly feel like you're purposefully ignoring much of hte activities I've already mentioned that people do that do require the communication that you're saying only Nost/retail Vanilla accomplished, or you write it off as obviously only being the tope 1%. I can provide commonplace activities that involve rare farming, world exploration, rp, large scale pve, large scale pvp, small scall pve/pvp, or even solo activities that often end in players talking while doing them for a couple of hours (e.g. Brawler's Guild). You're not going to win this argument bro.

Also your description of what Vanilla typically is like in a day still doesn't help your case that Vanilla wasn't a single player game that could mostly be accomplished without talking much to other players. Listing some arbitrary time limit for an activity doesn't automatically equal into socialization. You think I don't know much about Vanilla yet you're giving me a lot of hte information on it based from a player who played on Nost & not one who actually played on retail vanilla. In retail most players did not reach level cap & did not raid so you bringing up the need to socialize in order to raid is moot as it just gets chalked up as the type of activity you try to use with me by calling it a 1% top player activity. Most players did not group up for the vast majority of their leveling quests. Elite areas of zones were more plentiful before the cata world rehash, but even then a lot of players simply avoided the areas & moved on to other quests and/or left the quests that did require them to go to the elite areas in Hillsbrad/Un'Goro/w/e in their quest logs until they were gray & vastly outleveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude View Post

https://i.imgur.com/VBFK2qY.jpg

Feed your turtle, damnit!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    So your logic is if people pressure keeps up then the Nost gang will win?
    it might if it reaches public media as a community outbreak, I wouldn't be surprised if (in the past) blizzard changed the game to stop being so addictive thanks to crazy asian guys killing themselves or their children because they got so addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Or.. or, bear with me now..

They could not do that, and call it something like the World of WoWcraft instead.

Change some stuff around here and there, call orcs the "green warrior guys", Molten Core the "Scary Lava Demon Place" and so on.. They built the engine themselves anyway so I dont think Blizzard could do anything. Basically the same stuff Blizzard did when they copied their stuff from Warhammer.
    Warhammer had a chance for Wow to become part of their stuff but ended up letting it go because Warhammer wanted to control the story.

Nos used blizzards client to work and then a bunch of artwork. They would have to make a lot of changes that would end up making it not vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Sent it to them via Facebook and Twitter as well.

You can call it whatever you want.

You like Classic, whoopdedoo. A great many people do not. (The masses that weren't getting their boots licked by others and had to lick others boots to get anywhere, for example.)

There's nothing to refute in any of your posts. You don't like my opinion, want a cookie?
    Why are you saying i dont like your opinion? I even suggested you make a counter petition.

If you say theres nothing to refute in any of my posts you are conceeding most of the elements of this argument (by claiming the pro vanilla arguments are irrefutable), vanilla wins hooray! Yet i dont think this is actually the case, so i assume you actually havent read my posts, so...great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    So your logic is if people pressure keeps up then the Nost gang will win?
    Nope Im still waiting for them to release all their source codes so people can look up how many daily active accounts they really had

I dont see what the big deal is about this server, they stole from blizzard and should be reprimanded for it. Other private servers have been shit down and no one has ever complained this hard about them

Deleted
    Yea, when it rains it pours, I'm sure they're super happy with all this negative publicity

- What with killing off a fan-based project of their old game they're no longer providing, don't intend on providing, and on top of that have "lost the code" to.
    - Their irrational fear of female butts
    - The garrison v2.0 shit blowing up on their faces

Let's hope The Warcart Movie buys them some good will, they need all the help they can get.
    No. Its negative for you, not for me or Blizz.
    If they closed its because its better for the business, after all we are talking about Blizz, they are the money making machine

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    That was bugging me for a good minute before I realised what it was a picture of

(Resizing images was something I never managed either )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    haha, as a long time main hunter - yes! So yes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nope Im still waiting for them to release all their source codes so people can look up how many daily active accounts they really had
    Same here, and until that day i'll stick to me guns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    it might if it reaches public media as a community outbreak, I wouldn't be surprised if (in the past) blizzard changed the game to stop being so addictive thanks to crazy asian guys killing themselves or their children because they got so addicted.
    We may as well close the internet down then