Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Blizzard still seem pretty happy about it. They even recently raised the sub price in UK. So it would seem price is still right.
    I think wow is still on the right track when it comes to active players. I don't think the game itself is the problem. It is Blizzard who is the problem. They have had 4 fcking droughts now and when do the majority of the playerbase leave? In those droughts. MoP had a patch almost every few months, remember what happened? WoW was stable for a whole year in subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It's too much for me, bit the token is fine. I don't want F2P and I doubt the community does either, not when they lose their shit over the shop already.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Not at all I have friends who pay for ps4/xbox networks and buy a $60-$70 game every other month or so they never touch again after one playthrough. When looking at what they are paying WoW is a bargan.

I spent $15 yesterday on coffee and lunch. Unless you're 12 years old or something, ~50 cents a day isn't exactly a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I think wow is still on the right track when it comes to active players. I don't think the game itself is the problem. It is Blizzard who is the problem. They have had 4 fcking droughts now and when do the majority of the playerbase leave? In those droughts. MoP had a patch almost every few months, remember what happened? WoW was stable for a whole year in subs.
    WoD bled a ton of subs during the first 3 months, so it was not due to drought.

Deleted
    Yeah, I do remember. I miss MoP - great expac.
    But nevertheless, Blizzard controls the WoW pricing and as long as they're happy with the market revenue WoW generates, I can't really see the price changing.
    But if enough of us unsub... maybe they will change it. (Though knowing Blizzard, they're probably double it...)

Edit: Oh and need to clarify. MoP was awesome, minus the horrible horrible SoO grind. That was not awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month
    As an aside, I remember looking into Origin Access when I first heard about it back in... January I believe?. As far as I can tell, the selection of free games has not changed. Keep that in mind before you decide on what kind of value there is.

which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    There's no universal answer to that. For me, I currently consider it good value for the price, which is why I am still a subscriber. Should that change, I'll unsub. Neither of those things answers the question for anybody but me.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    12.99= toiletpaper per month
    12.99= 4 cans of soup
    12.99= half a movie ticket
    12.99= 10min cab ride where i live
    12.99= 2 beers out on a friday night
    12.99= 2 lightbulbs
    12.99= hairproduct for 3 months

i could go on but yeah.
    Should this be read in the argument style of "just don't use toilet paper and you can afford wow!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Should this be read in the argument style of "just don't use toilet paper and you can afford wow!"?
    I see it more as "Play WoW and you'll never go out on a Friday Night again"

Who still pays for subs anyways?

In all fairness, due to inflation, WOW costs less than 10 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    So, while i was searching which game i should get next, i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month, which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    At this point I think that if you are paying for the game with a real money subscription, even an insignificant / negligible one like Wow's £8.99 a month, then you probably don't play the game enough to justify paying a subscription.

There are a myriad of fast, efficient ways to gather the 80k or so gold required for a months game time. Paying for Wow with real money isn't needed for anyone other than the most casual of players that logs in for an hour or less a week to play the garrison, and even they can probably afford to use gold to buy a game time token.

Deleted
    Actually, WoW is one of the most expensive MMORPGs around.

You just dont need to buy the game and the expacs, you also have to pay a monthly sub and they have microstransactions. The whole portefeuille of money making where other MMORPGs just would stick to one of them.

Deleted
    If you can't afford 13 euro's a month, then you either a hobo, or a child. It's just, is WoW still worth that much? Let's be honest. Blizzard has dissapointed their player base over and over again.
    Like I said, for me personally - yes it's worth it. Definitely. Obviously, it will vary from person to person and I can't speak for anyone but myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    At this point I think that if you are paying for the game with a real money subscription, even an insignificant / negligible one like Wow's £8.99 a month, then you probably don't play the game enough to justify paying a subscription.

There are a myriad of fast, efficient ways to gather the 80k or so gold required for a months game time. Paying for Wow with real money isn't needed for anyone other than the most casual of players that logs in for an hour or less a week to play the garrison, and even they can probably afford to use gold to buy a game time token.
    If both take insignificant / negligible effort, why is one better then the other? oO?

no i easily get my moneys worth in hours played per month and i buy fewer games when i am invested in an mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I see it more as "Play WoW and you'll never go out on a Friday Night again"
    Sums it up lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's not too much, especially since there are payment options that can reduce the average monthly cost as well the option to pay your sub with WoW Tokens.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Who needs toilet paper pff lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Sums it up lol
    I was gonnna apply that line of reasoning to the toilet paper reference but luckily i stopped myself.

Quote Originally Posted by leyst View Post
    Just take a shower immediately after!

Quote Originally Posted by leyst View Post
    Ikr, eat the poop, its just recycled food!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.