Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I'm sorry but I agree with Granyala. Party Finder is there, use it. A lot of people who are doing fates/hunts will put up PFs. Makes use of it. In regards to fates, you usually don't need a healer if someone else's group can worry about tanking, and if you need healing, in my experience healers outside of my party will heal me if they see that I'm low and can get to me.
    Players fighting Mirka would like a word with you. I swear that bastard takes the effort to avoid targetting the tank with it's nigh one shot AOE ...

An automatic world party finder thing is just...you're fucking lazy. And this is coming from someone who hates having to rely on others for pretty much anything!
    I prefer the term "efficient".

- - - Updated - - -

Except we basically already have that with party finder. Open PF -> see a group -> click join! If you don't see any PFs, make your own. Typically in a pretty populated area, you'll find people quickly. And if you're not then you're not in any worry about dealing with not getting credit (Gold is typically pretty easy to get for most fates, if you're there from start to finish or even for 50%).
    You should never design UIs. -_-
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Actually, not that ridiculous seeing as other games have implemented systems close to this one. I agree, some of what SC says is dumb, but this is not. It seems like you are disagreeing with SC just to disagree with SC at this point.
    Nothing of the sort. I don't have a "vendetta" or anything against SC.

I just think that 2 mouse clicks to join a party is comfortable enough.

Best solution would be to redesign AoE healing, so it heals all people around you, not just your groups members so grouping isn't required at all.
    But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Best solution would be to redesign AoE healing, so it heals all people around you, not just your groups members so grouping isn't required at all.
    AoE heals won't be enough. Not everyone will be able to dodge AoEs 100% of the time, never mind DoTs that can kill you 3 times overs.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Players fighting Mirka would like a word with you. I swear that bastard takes the effort to avoid targetting the tank with it's nigh one shot AOE ...
    I'm glad you know how to read and understand what the word "usually" means.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, some of you guys are so conservative - selectively too; technically healers DPSings is an abomination if you are a Holy Trinity purist.

I swear if FFXIV didn't have Level Sync and I were to suggest it, some of you will fight me on it to the end of time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you know how to read and understand what the word "usually" means.
    So no Mirka type Hunts anymore?

Edit: Mark my words. I won't be surprise if we don't see Mirka type mobs going forward. SE watches us. If the Hunt mob has too low a clear rate, SE will avoid such mobs in the future. CT -> Void Ark is proof.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-12 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On another note, I didn't get in on the cutting room floor for things like Thordan EX and Sephirot EX. So I've been looking for one of those Newcomers Welcome groups for about a week now. No luck. How long until they're in the duty finder?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    On another note, I didn't get in on the cutting room floor for things like Thordan EX and Sephirot EX. So I've been looking for one of those Newcomers Welcome groups for about a week now. No luck. How long until they're in the duty finder?
    Should be with the next patch.

So reducing it to 1 click, and having there be a person to join even if no one put anything up in PF is worse how?

I do have to agree with @Lathais on the Rift party system being easier to use than the current PF system in many ways. Would be great if it could fit in both. Set-up the party in PF, those outside the zone could look and find it and join just like it currently works, those in the zone/ near your party could join by clicking a pop up button...or if a FFXI-esque LFP button were to be implemented, players would flag themselves as LFP and auto join any group in the zone that fit their criteria.

None of this is going to happen though, IMO. PF is functional enough and works just fine, so I don't think SE would spend the amount of time it would be necessary to implement any of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    None of this is going to happen though, IMO. PF is functional enough and works just fine, so I don't think SE would spend the amount of time it would be necessary to implement any of these things.
    They have other issues I'd rather see solved first as well. Another thing from Rift that I really liked was that joining a party did not remove you from any ques you were in. So you could start a group with a friend, que up for a dungeon, then leave the group and go do whatever. When the que popped, you and your friend would be placed back in a party in the dungeon. This meant while waiting for dungeon que I could easily go out and join a group that was completing Rifts. Was really nice and definitely something that should be looked at before improving other aspects of the group system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    I'd rather have people moving into action ASAP than waiting. But, I see that as more personal preference (and tons of tanking experience) than a skill thing. If a tank wants to body pull, I always respect that choice.
    Well as I said: Body pulls only work when the mobs are grouped up.
    I run/jump in and hit Unleash instead of throwing a shield, running in and have 3/4 mobs run past me because the healer did his thing during my long ass GCD, then having to turn around and play "collect them all".

It's a non issue if people know to hold their horses (esp them healers) till the tank made his firs AE move.

- - - Updated - - -

AoE heals won't be enough. Not everyone will be able to dodge AoEs 100% of the time, never mind DoTs that can kill you 3 times overs.
    I don't need to be in a group to heal with single target spells.
    FFs nameplates, filtered, so they only pop up when HP is missing, Pets don't get nameplates for visibility reasons (Sorry, Egis), work like a charm and I do it all the time.

People are often so happy when doing FATES because I take care of them, despite not being in any rigid group setup.

- - - Updated - - -

So reducing it to 1 click, and having there be a person to join even if no one put anything up in PF is worse how?
    If it were up to me, I would reduce it to 0 clicks.

Forming rigid groups in open world content is such antiquated design.

Esp since I immediately get moaned at because I dare to have my Chocobo out. >.<

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to be in a group to heal with single target spells.
    FFs nameplates, filtered, so they only pop up when HP is missing, Pets don't get nameplates for visibility reasons (Sorry, Egis), work like a charm and I do it all the time.

People are often so happy when doing FATES because I take care of them, despite not being in any rigid group setup.
    Not everyone is that good though. Frequently, no group = no heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing from Rift that I really liked was that joining a party did not remove you from any ques you were in. So you could start a group with a friend, que up for a dungeon, then leave the group and go do whatever. When the que popped, you and your friend would be placed back in a party in the dungeon. This meant while waiting for dungeon que I could easily go out and join a group that was completing Rifts. Was really nice and definitely something that should be looked at before improving other aspects of the group system.
    We can't even queue with Chocobos out in FFXIV. LOL

I just want to know if we're ever going to get any other companions.

I have a menu for my mounts, it contains all my mounts.
    I have a menu for my minions, it contains all my minions.
    I have a menu for my companions... It has a chocobo...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I just want to know if we're ever going to get any other companions.

I have a menu for my mounts, it contains all my mounts.
    I have a menu for my minions, it contains all my minions.
    I have a menu for my companions... It has a chocobo...
    I actually prefer chocobo being a unique and special thing, though. This isn't World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, Rift, or any other world. It's Final Fantasy. I'd be sad to see chocobos practically never seen because people are using a dozen other monstrosity companions. It's already getting less and less common for me to see chocobos being ridden in Eorzea. That said, I'll openly admit I'm guilty of it as well. I keep forgetting I stabled mine to be leveled at the FC house and wind up using my pegasus rather than go get him. T__T

I wouldn't, however, be too shocked if the retainers become some form of companion. Yoshida hinted at them evaluating the gambit system from XII for some use in XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I actually prefer chocobo being a unique and special thing, though. This isn't World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, Rift, or any other world. It's Final Fantasy. I'd be sad to see chocobos practically never seen because people are using a dozen other monstrosity companions. It's already getting less and less common for me to see chocobos being ridden in Eorzea. That said, I'll openly admit I'm guilty of it as well. I keep forgetting I stabled mine to be leveled at the FC house and wind up using my pegasus rather than go get him. T__T
    And they could keep the chocobos a unique and special thing. Make them work differently from other companions.
    I wouldn't, however, be too shocked if the retainers become some form of companion. Yoshida hinted at them evaluating the gambit system from XII for some use in XIV.
    Yeeeeeeessssssss... Let me deploy the waifu brigade!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yeeeeeeessssssss... Let me deploy the waifu brigade!
    Oh...oh dear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Birdie blocking everything, even normal group invites really sucks. ._.

They have other issues I'd rather see solved first as well. Another thing from Rift that I really liked was that joining a party did not remove you from any ques you were in. So you could start a group with a friend, que up for a dungeon, then leave the group and go do whatever. When the que popped, you and your friend would be placed back in a party in the dungeon. This meant while waiting for dungeon que I could easily go out and join a group that was completing Rifts. Was really nice and definitely something that should be looked at before improving other aspects of the group system.
    Yeah... I hate that I have to decide whether I want to do FATE groups for leveling or queue for dungeons and then try to tag along FATE groups and see if I get enough credit for soloing to make it worthwhile. Not being able to queue with your choco out is also just retarded.

One of the funnest concepts in Rift that I wish other games would implement in some way was the adventuring groups...or whatever they're called. Basically you just click a button to automatically be put into a group with people of a certain level, you get synced down to the appropriate level if the party is lower and then you just migrate through a zone demolishing mobs via repeatable quests that pop up for what you're doing.... though as I'm typing this, it sound exactly like FATE parties so...yeah...lol, nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah... I hate that I have to decide whether I want to do FATE groups for leveling or queue for dungeons and then try to tag along FATE groups and see if I get enough credit for soloing to make it worthwhile. Not being able to queue with your choco out is also just retarded.

One of the funnest concepts in Rift that I wish other games would implement in some way was the adventuring groups...or whatever they're called. Basically you just click a button to automatically be put into a group with people of a certain level, you get synced down to the appropriate level if the party is lower and then you just migrate through a zone demolishing mobs via repeatable quests that pop up for what you're doing.... though as I'm typing this, it sound exactly like FATE parties so...yeah...lol, nvm.
    Instant Adventures. Yeah, they were kinda fun at first, but the novelty wore off real quick. They are still the fastest way to level though, even though it is basically the same thing as a FATE farming party. I think they could have achieved similar results just making Rifts reward more XP or something similar, to incentivize that style of play more, rather than inventing a whole new system that is basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wait...furreals? Don't lie to me, I don't want my heart broken. Because if I can totally have a bikini-clad catgirl fighting alongside me I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING THIS GAME.

Also, yay for gambit systems!