It took me 8 days of played to get to 59 with a Paladin on Nost, then the next day the server shutdown announcement was made so I didn't do the last level but it probably wouldn't of taken too long since it was a full rested XP level.

Then I bought a WoW token for retail (well I stole 45k gold from my GF's 1 million because making gold on retail is absurd now and basically makes the game free if you put in a minute effort) and I leveled a hunter 1-70 in 24 hours of played time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Francis summarizes the issue very nicely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzgPSjSFGgU

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    It took me 8 days of played to get to 59 with a Paladin on Nost, then the next day the server shutdown announcement was made so I didn't do the last level but it probably wouldn't of taken too long since it was a full rested XP level.

Then I bought a WoW token for retail (well I stole 45k gold from my GF's 1 million because making gold on retail is absurd now and basically makes the game free if you put in a minute effort) and I leveled a hunter 1-70 in 24 hours of played time.
    Did you see the one guy go from 1-85 in 30 minutes? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Ayyyy! lmao, you going Horde or Alliance? C: PS: They're on GMT time, so it's likely they'll open the "doors" around 1-4 pm your time/my time if you're in US CST. c:
    14th. Just 14th. We won't give any precise time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Ayyyy! lmao, you going Horde or Alliance? C: PS: They're on GMT time, so it's likely they'll open the "doors" around 1-4 pm your time/my time if you're in US CST. c:
    Alliance on the PvP server. Yeah It'll be around that time for me, hopefully there won't be any delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Average citizen reading paper: Blizzard shuts down illegal server.

"Mon chien est fromage, I don't give a shit" /turns page
    No, shutting it down brought private servers to the front page of game sites, wow forums, and a lot of places young adults frequent like Vice and YouTube. Even worse it created a scenario that legitimized them. Who plays PC games? Who's seeing this and how is it being portrayed? It's over.

The French part was just laughing about the idea Blizz would pursue this in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    What I am saying is you're here because you want to be here on some level in spite of the obvious rift between you and Blizzard.

Nevermind.
    I'm a subscriber. I don't agree with what Blizzard has done with the game since Wrath, but it's getting better. Hoping they kill the 86 difficulty settings. rename normal LFR, kill the LFR level. Get people out in the world doing shit again.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    14th. Just 14th. We won't give any precise time.
    They said they'd open the "doors" the evening of the 14th c: So that likely means 1-3pm my time (6-8pm GMT time) :>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Alliance on the PvP server. Yeah It'll be around that time for me, hopefully there won't be any delays.
    I don't suspect any kind of crashing, considering they have a strict 3500 cap on both realms! Log in early! ^_^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread gonna be dead after 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This thread gonna be dead after 14th.
    I don't get it? What's happening on the 14th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The first rule of fight club...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    snip, dont name private servers here
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-04-13 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    The first rule of fight club...
    Ohhhhhh. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    No, shutting it down brought private servers to the front page of game sites, wow forums, and a lot of places young adults frequent like Vice and YouTube. Even worse it created a scenario that legitimized them. Who plays PC games? Who's seeing this and how is it being portrayed? It's over.

The French part was just laughing about the idea Blizz would pursue this in court.
    Yeah, they're quaking in their baby seal made boots.... OoOooooOoooo. Also pretty sure France has more to worry about (terrorism, high unemployment, etc.)

No one will give a shit in a week.

Yeah, they're quaking in their baby seal made boots.... OoOooooOoooo. Also pretty sure France has more to worry about (terrorism, high unemployment, etc.)

Yep, because they'll continue playing vanilla\tbc on other private realms. There's a fresh one starting tomorrow, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yep, because they'll continue playing vanilla\tbc on other private realms. There's a fresh one starting tomorrow, go figure.
    Exactly. People whining about this one may as well go play that one. Just a small hint to the folks that do... don't freaking advertise it as much as you did Nost and you'll be ok!

Another thing, Nost showed a path to getting celebrity and a high pop server. It would've been harder to mess with them in France than Arizona but they weren't going to fight. That's the easy part though cause there's lots of places much harder than Western Europe.

That lots of gamers now see it as legitimate, that's what changed. Ive seen several posts about how they wish they knew about Nost. Getting called out on shutting down a legacy server and not offering it. Nah, if they're smart they need to find a way delegitimize private servers. This is a mess.

Not sure what your obsessing over the French for. Just telling you they have a history of being unhelpful to American lawyers. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiqd View Post
    To make the server all you have to do is write a process that accepts and responds to the calls the client makes. That's called reverse engineering and is custom code
    To make a server, you need to steal spawn points, loot tables, spell descriptions, item names and flavor text, books, quest journal, NPC speech, quest texts, quest targets, map data, spell data... all those cannot be "reverse engineered", only stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Are the same people from nost dumb enough to enough to try this again? After the c&d letter no less?
    Probably some other group, but considering people have been *wink winking* about it for a couple pages and even listed the name I expect that'll get this thread shut down at some point. This thread has devolved into not discussing a former PS but an up and coming PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Good point, mods can we shit this down now since the discussion is over and people are talking about a new illegal PS?
    Oh crap, I shouldn't have mentioned it was a private server
    Oh crap! I shouldn't have mentioned it was launching on the 14th
    Oh crap! I certainly shouldn't have said it was illegal!