Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    It's Fire Elemental and Stormkeeper. Lava Burst reduces the cd of Fire Ele and Stormkeeper is a 1min cd. Stormkeeper and Power of the Maelstrom when coupled together are very strong.

Then I'll say that Fire Elemental is our cooldown, since Stormkeeper is from the artifact and not baseline.

Last i saw, fire ele was doing shit dmg still in alpha after they removed sons of flames. Unless its changed in recent builds, still wouldn't call it a "dps cooldown", but i would assume its intended to be a 2 min cd with that elementalist artifact trait.

it wont be 2 mins unless you take ascendance, gonna be more like 3 mins. but yes the ele is our "dps cd" and Spirit wolves are for enh. damage tuning will determine how strong these "dps cd's" are.

Wait for tuning for the fire elemental thing.

One question though, since currently ele uses both the shield and fist weapon to cast, it looks a bit silly with the shield (and I do plan on transmogging over that shield unless it gets a bit bigger) so do they plan to only have the fist weapon used when casting, or is the shield staying in there too?

I dont know why you guys think tuning will be our lord and savior, fire ele even live is hardly a dps cooldown. It needs some sort of interaction back since it doesn't help MS generation anymore.

The shield stays out when you cast, hence the actual size reduction. In earlier builds it would clip on most races because they were so large. I'm not sure if the shield shows when casting if you t mog over it, i would assume not since clipping would still occur with older shield models.

Because fire ele's problem right now lies solely in the damage aspect of it, it's pretty fluid with our other spells so mechanically it works well in the rotation, the only problem with it right now is its damage, which is where tuning comes in. It's up to us to give them this feedback when tuning rolls around, that's the only way it'll help.

Thanks, that's what I was worried about, don't want the shield out while casting if I Tmog it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-12 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    Personally, I'm just afraid that Blizzard will, once again, try to cram us into this shitty niche of being great at sustained AOE and sucking at everything else. For that reason I'm keeping a warlock and mage handy in the event of an emergency.
    Even if we get back to where we were in MoP in terms of numbers, I would be pleased. The new mastery is going to help a ton I think.

New Mastery only affects casted spells so it remains to be seen. Shocks do not Overload.

New Mastery only affects casted spells so it remains to be seen. Shocks do not Overload.
    Sounds reasonable for me

Deleted
    It's something expected by developers?

What a crummy mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    What a crummy mastery.
    It's a hell of a lot better than when we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

One question though, since currently ele uses both the shield and fist weapon to cast, it looks a bit silly with the shield (and I do plan on transmogging over that shield unless it gets a bit bigger) so do they plan to only have the fist weapon used when casting, or is the shield staying in there too?
    Tuning won't be able to resolve underlying mechanic issues with Fire Elemental, which is basically a) it's a long duration/long cooldown ability which means its overall power will be comparatively lower than other cooldowns, b) no interaction with mastery and c) no interaction with the rest of the rotation (ie: you could be doing nothing and it still does damage).

In short, it has the same basic issues as Molten Earth does but in cooldown form.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Tuning won't be able to resolve underlying mechanic issues with Fire Elemental, which is basically a) it's a long duration/long cooldown ability which means its overall power will be comparatively lower than other cooldowns, b) no interaction with mastery and c) no interaction with the rest of the rotation (ie: you could be doing nothing and it still does damage).

In short, it has the same basic issues as Molten Earth does but in cooldown form.
    I agree on that.

It's the same issue that FET & SET have on live, duration is far too long to be actually a decent CD, the damage is spread over a whole minute, you don't really notice if it's up.

The original version on Alpha was a step in the right direction, with the 100% Maelstrom increase for 15 seconds, not saying it was without issues but some short duration effect was really decent for FET.

The duration needs to be cut and damage adjusted accordingly, especially with Elementalist the uptime of FET will be too high to be actually considered a serious damage cooldown.

this this a 100x this

Ah I see that makes sense, should post that on the feedback forum for ele, for some reason I haven't seen that posted yet.

Looks like Crit will be a big deal for Elemental in Legion?

Tier set: 2P Bonus: Increases the critical strike chance of your Lightning Bolt by 15%.
    Artifact traits: Molten Blast: Increases critical damage of Lava Burst by 10% in rank 3/3.
    Spec: Elemental Fury: Your damaging critical strikes deal 250% damage instead of the usual 200%.
    Elemental Focus: Your direct damage spell critical strikes increase the damage of your next 2 spells by 10%.

New Ascendance: Transform into a Flame Ascedant for 15 sec, replacing Chain Lightning with Lava Beam, removing the cooldown on Lava Burst, and increasing the damage of Lava Burst by an amount equal to your critical strike chance.

So Mastery > Crit? Or Crit > Mastery.

I personally like more Haste, but

For people in Alpha, which buff does a feast give you?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-04-14 at 09:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

"We decided to take a look at the Fire as a dps cd and it seemed like it needed some tuning so we buffed the dmg by 2%. Enjoy."

Just read your post there. Kudos to your assessment for this lovely spec like usual. And regarding your post:

1. I agree that mastery should affect more spells. Shocks would be a great additional.

2. Chaos Bolt/Crit trait should be also given to Lava Burst to make crit considerable. Hell, I'd even trade Elemental Fury with that Chaos Bolt/Crit trait. (Just so they can tune LvB and all of our spells base number better)

3. I also agree that Elemental Pet as our only big baseline cd is kinda lame. But if only they revert back SET as another single Elemental like today we have (not replacing FET), it could've been better for this so-called "Elementalist" build imo. And ofc make the artifact trait also affect SET. It would make us to have higher uptime for the Elementals by switching them, that you can almost say we have permanent Pet (isn't that what Elementalist suppose to be anyway? to always have Elementals by your side), but not as literally. I also think it would make up the shitty damage the Elementals done, well consider FET and SET damage is separated and up almost permanently.

4. Regarding Ascendance, I agree it should give something to a spender while we're spamming our generator mindlessly. Maybe by changing Earth Shock into Lava Shock while Ascendance, that deal higher damage than a regular Earthshock (like maybe to 1000% SP instead of 600% on cap). It would make our overwhelming Maelstrom resources and GCD spend for the Shock worthwhile on Ascendance.

Regarding the updated Ascendance, this may lead to a cookie cutter for Elementalist + Haste/Crit build I think. Might be great for single target burst type and work well with t19 4p bonus as well. I wonder why they're still hesitant to give LvB the Chaos Bolt trait as baseline...

I also read in alpha forum about PoTM charges has been nerfed to 2 instead of 3. It was a great perk with the insane proc at first as the Artifact passive effect. Then it's nerfed to be a gold artifact trait with 2 RPPM. And now they nerf the charges. I don't know where's this going tbh. Is PoTM really that OP? I mean the fact that it's essentially our only mini cd proc (to couple it with SK that only up every 1.5 min). Why are they keep nerfing good things? Are we supposedly not allowed to have meaningful dps cd at all?
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-04-14 at 10:20 AM.