Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You know the exact time of the attack? Can you prove the time and show the tweet with the time-stamp?
    Well no honestly I don't know the exact time of the attack, but I do know when i got kicked from the servers and luck would have it my computer can tell me the time so I glanced at that (handy little thing windows) then friends were talking about them attacking again so I checked their twitter and i was able to figure out after ALOT of mathematical calculations (windows calculator) that it was posted before I got kicked off servers.

But tinfoil hat this beast up we are in for a rocky ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Check @lizardlands and @blizzardcs, you will see it's true.
    You can't possible be serious?

Blizzard didn't report it the EXACT moment it happened. That would be crazy.

In fact there are reports of Ddos as long as 3 hours ago. Whereas the Lizard assholes only posted that "get ready" message 52 minutes ago. So, you're fucking wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    my problem is that this, if not mistaken (I haven't played in years), is not something that Blizzard was offering or had in the plans to offer.

Maybe Blizzard could have just taken it over, charged something like $5 a month or something like that to help cover the upkeep cost, etc... of the server, and it's all good. But shutting it down is just bad form.

Granted, just my opinion, but there it is.
    A problem with not shutting it down though is then you have these private servers that are more or less pseudo WoW communities, unless those same players are also currently subbed to retail. What I mean by "pseudo WoW communities" is you have a pool of players playing WoW that is nothing like what the game is anymore & does not serve to encourage more players to start playing retail, but serve simply to recruit more players for their own private/legacy servers. The existence of private servers does not benefit retail WoW in any significant way, or retail community, because those on the private servers are more or less content with what they're playing & will not push the live game in any new direction that is not simply returning it back to <insert old expansion here>. The game needs new ideas, not old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    Well no honestly I don't know the exact time of the attack, but I do know when i got kicked from the servers and luck would have it my computer can tell me the time so I glanced at that (handy little thing windows) then friends were talking about them attacking again so I checked their twitter and i was able to figure out after ALOT of mathematical calculations (windows calculator) that it was posted before I got kicked off servers.

But tinfoil hat this beast up we are in for a rocky ride.
    I just proved you wrong.

Blizzard's first tweet on connectivity issues was 3 hours ago.

Lizarddicks only tweeted that shit 53 minutes ago. I guess you're fucking wrong, right? Right.

In fact there are reports of Ddos as long as 3 hours ago. Whereas the Lizard assholes only posted that "get ready" message 52 minutes ago. So, you're fucking wrong.
    How naive are you?
    They prepared, told "get ready" and couple minutes later the server went offline for good.
    So a collective, known for that shit, reporting in for games from Blizzard being offline? What more is needed?

I just proved you wrong.

Blizzard's first tweet on connectivity issues was 3 hours ago, and they're first acknowledgement of the DDos was an hour ago.

Lizarddicks only tweeted that shit 53 minutes ago. I guess you're fucking wrong, right? Right.
    It was about the servers being completely offline and not about the small attacks.
    Last edited by Roccatex; 2016-04-14 at 02:44 AM.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/13/bl...ng-battle-net/

Uhhuh.

I don't think there is much reasoning with this person Ghier, he seems absolutely convinced that there is some angry ex nost player holed up in a basement planning world domination via ddosing blizzards servers.

In other news it does suck i can't even play Hots

Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post
    How naive are you?
    They prepared, told "get ready" and couple minutes later the server went offline for good.
    Not for good. And they've been getting attacked in the same way, just to a lesser extent, for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    I don't think there is much reasoning with this person Ghier, he seems absolutely convinced that there is some angry ex nost player holed up in a basement planning world domination via ddosing blizzards servers.

In other news it does suck i can't even play Hots
    I NEVER said it was a Nost guy. You need to learn to read.

Oh noes!! I've been called childish! You've really hurt my feels! /s

Keep it up. You're making me laugh so fucking hard right now.

I'm getting "excitement" from a bunch of scumbags that got what was coming to them, yes.
    It's really unfortunate, then. Hopefully one day you'll mature and see how sad this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    They host their servers in russia. Blizzard could simply drop some lunch money on any random russion thug and he would likely quite happily go break the knees of whoever is hosting the server, and literally nobody would know, or care.
    It doesn't work like that here just fyi. Our local ICP used to host a private server, when blizzard started shelling it they replied with, basically, "we provide local network for our customers - what they do inside it it's their business and we give 0 fucks about it as long as it isn't connected to internet"
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-14 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I love how urasim would rather believe in a conspiracy theory about Nost players than believe Lizard Squad's claim on the attack.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-04-14 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I love when people try to argue that Blizzard doesn't listen to their fans when there's overwhelming evidence that they do listen to their fans... flight in Draenor being the biggest evidence for that.
    Uh.. the infrastructure for flight was already THERE. They had planned to implement it the whole time >.> They didn't give a shit what we wanted, it was pre-planned, man.
    "Nobody wants legacy servers"
    800K registered accounts
    Thats a lot of nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I love how urasim would rather believe in a conspiracy theory about Nost players, rather than believe Lizard Squad's claim on the attack.
    Where did I say I believe Nost did it with 100% certainty? Jesus, learn to fucking read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Check @lizardlands and @blizzardcs, you will see it's true.
    "Something is technically wrong.
    Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon."

For both accounts. LOL. Poor little script kiddies, they lost their Baby Hackerz Twitter accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I love how urasim would rather believe in a conspiracy theory about Nost players, than believe Lizard Squad's claim on the attack.
    I think if they would reveal, that some members of the lizard squad played Nost, he would totally freak out in his basement.

Where did I say I believe Nost did it with 100% certainty? Jesus, learn to fucking read.
    You're an angry little kiddie aren't ya? Go have your little nap and come back when you feel better dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrytauren View Post
    Uh.. the infrastructure for flight was already THERE. They had planned to implement it the whole time >.> They didn't give a shit what we wanted, it was pre-planned, man.
    "Nobody wants legacy servers"
    800K registered accounts
    Thats a lot of nobodies.
    800k isn't that special when you taken into consideration that the game is free. Any price server that charge a fee and do well?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Take your own advice, and calm down dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will make one last appeal to everyone to stick to the topic of the closing down of the original Nostalrius. Discussion of other private servers (or future private servers) is still against the rules, still will be infracted and will possibly get you banned.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    800k isn't that special when you taken into consideration that the game is free. Any price server that charge a fee and do well?
    As if Nost was/is the only Classic/Vanilla Server.