Thread: Godzilla

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Godzilla

So, if there are any people here who have seen the Godzilla movies, just thought I leave the trailer of the upcoming Toho version of Godzilla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw

And yeesh, what is with the tail?

Saw more Godzilla on that trailer than I did on the other movie's length.

So I approve!

Looks weird (that tail ) but I'm going to watch this anyway.

That looks like a Godzilla that has seen some shit.

the idea is this is the "original" Godzilla way back from the 1950's film that's regenerating. so he's supposed to look all fucked up for most of it I feel. I don't have as much a problem with the tail as I do those flimsy looking arms...

the most unrealistic thing in that trailer was the japanese military. more tanks than the entirety of the US military.

but anyway, i like it kinda. really old school. kinda makes me want to play that old gamecube godzilla game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the idea is this is the "original" Godzilla way back from the 1950's film that's regenerating. so he's supposed to look all fucked up for most of it I feel. I don't have as much a problem with the tail as I do those flimsy looking arms...
    A lot of the arms is just skin and bone, as if it was regenerated hastily without giving time to rebuild the muscle tissue. Might be the reason why his arms seem to be stuck in one position.

Can't wait til it gets localized here.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the most unrealistic thing in that trailer was the japanese military. more tanks than the entirety of the US military.
    Out of the entire trailer, the most unrealistic thing was the tanks? What about the giant lizard destroying the buildings? :P

Deleted
    Wooah the Godzilla looks exactly like the old toy sold in the 90's! Like woooooaahh!

From the fact that he looks demonic and the trailer, it seems like it's back to Godzilla being the sole destructive monster in the movie and no other monster is in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Out of the entire trailer, the most unrealistic thing was the tanks? What about the giant lizard destroying the buildings? :P
    I'm afraid you have missed the joke, right over your head :c

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm afraid you have missed the joke, right over your head :c
    I'm afraid you also missed that mine was very jesty itself I thought the smiley face would help, but alas, did not.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    So, if there are any people here who have seen the Godzilla movies, just thought I leave the trailer of the upcoming Toho version of Godzilla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw

And yeesh, what is with the tail?
    Yeah that "monkey tail" bothered me I don't remember Godzillas tail flailing along like that in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    From the fact that he looks demonic and the trailer, it seems like it's back to Godzilla being the sole destructive monster in the movie and no other monster is in sight.
    That's what I'm a bit confused about. In the most recent version of Godzilla, he was seen as the "good guy" in a sense. Was a really badass movie, not going to lie, but they helped Godzilla kill the other monster, and had no problem when Godzilla was leaving, and they even cheered him on.

Then we have the Matthew Broderick version (the one before the most recent one) where Godzilla was portrayed as a "she", and was only trying to protect her eggs that were under the city.

Then we have the other 19th century versions. I'm getting confused.

Keyboard Turner Krusnik Bloodstrider's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have mix feelings about this Godzilla mostly because in Gojira, the Oxygen Destroyer completely destroyed any and all organic material that could of potentially allowed him to regenerate entirely again 60 years later. If this is 54's Gojira, I do hope they explain how it's possible in the movie. Cause I am very confused now on how this was possible x_X;

Granted there have beenseveral other different godzillas though threw out the ages still if this is 54's then *confused*, i should of clarified that better in my post, but I didn't wanna Godzilla nerd out D=
    Last edited by Krusnik Bloodstrider; 2016-04-14 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added stuff

even godzilla's more realistic than japan having a huge military.

just look at how people flipped when trump suggested they should be able to defend their selves.

Happens every other month in Japan irl, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    even godzilla's more realistic than japan having a huge military.

just look at how people flipped when trump suggested they should be able to defend their selves.
    Well, Japan's got around 700 tanks. Not even half of that is suggested in the line-up shot.

Regardless, the lined-up tanks visual is a staple of Hideaki Anno's at this point in time, which is why it doesn't surprise me that the trailer plays out like a Godzilla version of Evangelion's military vs an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's what I'm a bit confused about. In the most recent version of Godzilla, he was seen as the "good guy" in a sense. Was a really badass movie, not going to lie, but they helped Godzilla kill the other monster, and had no problem when Godzilla was leaving, and they even cheered him on.

Then we have the Matthew Broderick version (the one before the most recent one) where Godzilla was portrayed as a "she", and was only trying to protect her eggs that were under the city.

Then we have the other 19th century versions. I'm getting confused.
    You have the original Godzilla(1955) then the next actual storylined one would be Godzilla Returns(Godzilla 1985 in US). All the "Godzilla vs x" ones were legends or folk tale type movies. The Matthew Broderick one was pure crap, not a bad monster movie mind you but putting the name Godzilla on it is blasphemy, they even make fun of it in Godzilla Final Wars calling it Zilla and it gets one shotted. I believe Godzilla vs Destroyah and maybe Botanica were supposed to be to the original "canon" as well but Im not sure on the premise of this new one. And the Legendary pictures from '14 is the US' reboot of the series, this is Toho's reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    [...]The Matthew Broderick one was pure crap, not a bad monster movie mind you but putting the name Godzilla on it is blasphemy [...]
    As a 9 year old, nerdy kid at the time - and coming from a country where older versions of Godzilla weren't that famous, so my nerd-lore around it being rather small then - I actually enjoyed that movie and it helped solidify my geekiness around the franchise and similar themes.