It's beyond me how people still are upset about this. We've known for well over a year now that Blizzard don't want flying during the beginning of newly released content.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    It's beyond me how people still are upset about this. We've known for well over a year now that Blizzard don't want flying during the beginning of newly released content.
    The problem is that they want to remove flying completely from the game IMVHO. You still can't test flying in the alpha, no achievement, or loose parameters of said achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem is that they want to remove flying completely from the game IMVHO. You still can't test flying in the alpha, no achievement, or loose parameters of said achievement.
    Have they said this? Genuinely curious here, since I haven't heard anything like that.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    With the exception of Cataclysm most of the leveling content in WoW has been done without flying mounts which requires you to approach it differently.
    95% or more of the quests in the game are "approached" the the exact same way: You need to dismount, be it from a ground or flying mount, and interact with the quest objectives, so your point is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Instead of looking around and making your way to the most efficient/enjoyable spots to complete the objective you'd simply drop down from the sky; that's if Blizzard bothered making content like that instead of just giving you a shopping list of things to snipe.
    For me, and most pro-fliers, "looking around and making your way to the most efficient/enjoyable spots" *IS* done form the sky.

You are free do enjoy the game in whatever way strikes your fancy. You are NOT free to restrict others from doing the same.

So yeah, I do not think this argument is valid, either.

- - - Updated - - -

... well... Damn.

Good thing I have a LOT of good games to play this year. Xcom 2, Elite: dangerous, Stellaris in 3 weeks, Total War Warhammer a few weeks later...

Those companies should send Blizzard a gift for stimulating their business, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Have they said this? Genuinely curious here, since I haven't heard anything like that.
    This is my opinion based on there is nothing related to flying to test on the alpha currently. We are at a point where Pepe is being tested more properly than flying mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    95% or more of the quests in the game are "approached" the the exact same way: You need to dismount, be it from a ground or flying mount, and interact with the quest objectives, so your point is not valid.

For me, and most pro-fliers, "looking around and making your way to the most efficient/enjoyable spots" *IS* done form the sky.

You are free do enjoy the game in whatever way strikes your fancy. You are NOT free to restrict others from doing the same.

So yeah, I do not think this argument is valid, either.

- - - Updated - - -

... well... Damn.

Good thing I have a LOT of good games to play this year. Xcom 2, Elite: dangerous, Stellaris in 3 weeks, Total War Warhammer a few weeks later...

Those companies should send Blizzard a gift for stimulating their business, you know?
    We've got plenty of more story to be told after this," Hazzikostas says when asked whether patch 6.2 would be the last big content update for Warlords of Draenor. But Blizzard is also working hard to make sure players aren't left waiting for new content in general.

"One place where we all agree — players certainly agree — that we fell a bit short was the number of months between our last content patch and the next expansion," says Hazzikostas. "As great of a launch as Warlords of Draenor was, it also came about 13 months after patch 5.4, which was a pretty rough drought of content. We're really focused on balancing that patch cadence with also making sure that we're working on the next big thing."
    And people want us to trust Blizzard in regards to the future of flying? LMAO?

This is technically why Blizzard doesn't make promises or talk about features they are definitely doing anymore. They've said flight will probably be included in Legion and players can start working towards it day 1. They did not say how long before it is released. This allows them to freely design the game with how they want content to be released without the backlash of players declaring "You lied to us!" There was a lot of things they wanted to do in WoD, such as the new cap cities they promised or that flight would be in for 6.1. They changed it and made the new cities as questing areas stating they didn't like the feel of them or the constant travel between the city and your garrison all the time; and, while most players would agree with that, they are still upset because it was a broken promise. As the game moved forward, Blizzard also decided they really liked the feel of the game without flight and decided it wouldn't be back for the xpac, quickly reverting after the feedback and seeing how many it upset. Anyone remember the underwater raid that was promised? Yeah, that didn't work out because with the tech at the time and other reasons, such as not being able to get the feel of a raid like that to feel good, it was scrapped. Again, how many people would have hated it or talked about "worst raid ever?" Yet, it's still a broken promise people use to throw back at Blizzard for reasons of a bad company or shady dealings.
    So far, all they've done is state flying will be in Legion with no official release date for it to be added, trying to find a common ground, yet people are now trying to point out it won't ever be in the game because of Alpha content. Take a step back, really think about what you are saying, then post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This is technically why Blizzard doesn't make promises or talk about features they are definitely doing anymore. They've said flight will probably be included in Legion and players can start working towards it day 1. They did not say how long before it is released. This allows them to freely design the game with how they want content to be released without the backlash of players declaring "You lied to us!" There was a lot of things they wanted to do in WoD, such as the new cap cities they promised or that flight would be in for 6.1. They changed it and made the new cities as questing areas stating they didn't like the feel of them or the constant travel between the city and your garrison all the time; and, while most players would agree with that, they are still upset because it was a broken promise. As the game moved forward, Blizzard also decided they really liked the feel of the game without flight and decided it wouldn't be back for the xpac, quickly reverting after the feedback and seeing how many it upset. Anyone remember the underwater raid that was promised? Yeah, that didn't work out because with the tech at the time and other reasons, such as not being able to get the feel of a raid like that to feel good, it was scrapped. Again, how many people would have hated it or talked about "worst raid ever?" Yet, it's still a broken promise people use to throw back at Blizzard for reasons of a bad company or shady dealings.
    So far, all they've done is state flying will be in Legion with no official release date for it to be added, trying to find a common ground, yet people are now trying to point out it won't ever be in the game because of Alpha content. Take a step back, really think about what you are saying, then post.
    Being able to test flight on the alpha is not the same thing as making a promise as to when it will be released. Don't conflate the two arguments.

Good thing I have a LOT of good games to play this year. Xcom 2, Elite: dangerous
    How's Elite: Dangerous these days? I stopped playing it when they turned it even more into Korean-like grinder (around the time expansion was released), did it get better since?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    1000g at Legion's level cap?. 1000g is nothing I make that daily for free doing a facebook game. Flying should be like 100k at lv 110 or get pathfinder.
    Wrong. Flying should be available at level 1, speed should be increased to 1000% and it should never be disabled for any reason.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    How's Elite: Dangerous these days? I stopped playing it when they turned it even more into Korean-like grinder (around the time expansion was released), did it get better since?
    Depends on what you are looking for: If your aim is to get credits, or to the Elite Rank in the fastest, most efficient way possible, then it IS a soul-crushing grind. Seriously.

HOWEVER, if you intend on doing things differently, it is basically the widest sandbox ever. For instance, me and several other players in my country are doing missions and wars in order to expand the territory of the BloP (Brazilian League of Pilots) a player-made minor faction. Its is *NOT* profitable (at all) compared to making trade runs in my Cutter, but is very varied and less grindy. (Ambush-prone, too: We got some traitors in our midst some time ago, and have no idea why)

Edit: However, I think I do understand your concerns. At its core, Elite: Dangerous *is* a grindfest. I fact, I don´t think it can ever *not* be grindy, as a major part of the reason this game even exists is nostalgia about the original game from decades ago, where there was no other way of advancement other than to grind away (and that for the games that *did* have an advancement system: experience points and gear customization only got trendy in the 90s...)
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-04-14 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wrong. Flying should be available at level 1, speed should be increased to 1000% and it should never be disabled for any reason.
    While that wouldn't be something I'd personally argue for.... I can't help but to find the thought, of said being real, hilarious.

Being able to test flight on the alpha is not the same thing as making a promise as to when it will be released. Don't conflate the two arguments.
    Conflate the arguement? Nay. People are stating that because you can not test it on Alpha means that Blizzard has no intention of involving it in Legion of stating that they are, once again, being shady.
    Flight is also not needed to test in Alpha as how they have even stated that they are planning on involving flight and taking steps to have it ready when they (Devs/Blizz) are ready to put it in game and thereby having it have no clipping or random DC problems with wall clipping. As it is not a new mechanic in the game itself, overall, there is no need to have it available in Alpha testing.
    My previous post was aimed at the people stating this as well as the new arguements popping up lately about broken promises and things Blizzard has failed to deliver on. Only need to read the last couple of pages to see who I was addressing to understand where I was coming from and not jump to the idea that I was only addressing the apparent issue of no flight test in Alpha.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-04-14 at 07:14 PM.

Conflate the arguement? Nay. People are stating that because you can not test it on Alpha means that Blizzard has no intention of involving it in Legion of stating that they are, once again, being shady.
    It didn't work out in WoD when we couldn't test flying in the WoD beta and months later they did pull the rug out from many people. So we have every right to argue they are repeating shady and elusive behaviors.

Flight is also not needed to test in Alpha as how they have even stated that they are planning on involving flight and taking steps to have it ready when they (Devs/Blizz) are ready to put it in game and thereby having it have no clipping or random DC problems with wall clipping. As it is not a new mechanic in the game itself, overall, there is no need to have it available in Alpha testing.
    You mean like what happened with WoD? "Just a flip of the swtich"? Right? How did that work out as it took them literally months to put in and test flight into WoD. Thanks for trying to use an old debunked argument from last year though.

My previous post was aimed at the people stating this as well as the new arguements popping up lately about broken promises and things Blizzard has failed to deliver on. Only need to read the last couple of pages to see who I was addressing to understand where I was coming from and not jump to the idea that I was only addressing the apparent issue of no flight test in Alpha.
    Blizzard "promised" you can start to work on the flying achievement at launch. IF it can be worked on at launch we should be able to see it on the alpha/beta at some point as an achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And we should one-hit every mob and blizzard should mail us mythic gear when we log in which would be at level cap because we don't need to level anymore! YAY!!!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Depends on what you are looking for: If your aim is to get credits, or to the Elite Rank in the fastest, most efficient way possible, then it IS a soul-crushing grind. Seriously.
    Basically, my aim was credits to gear up an Asp Explorer for well, exploring (if I recall correctly, I already have the ship, but wasn't able to afford the gear, at the time I quit) and then leaving for some months long trip across half the galaxy (or more).

So, credits, but in order to be able to do what I actually wanted to do, not just the sake of themselves.

Oh, and I played the original one (well, Frontier: Elite 2 and First Encounters, not the original Elite) but none of them felt as annoyingly, soul-crushingly grindy as Dangerous to me.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2016-04-14 at 09:54 PM.

It didn't work out in WoD when we couldn't test flying in the WoD beta and months later they did pull the rug out from many people. So we have every right to argue they are repeating shady and elusive behaviors.

You mean like what happened with WoD? "Just a flip of the swtich"? Right? How did that work out as it took them literally months to put in and test flight into WoD. Thanks for trying to use an old debunked argument from last year though.

Blizzard "promised" you can start to work on the flying achievement at launch. IF it can be worked on at launch we should be able to see it on the alpha/beta at some point as an achievement.
    Again, no you can't argue shady behavior as again, Blizzard by rights changed the development of the game. That's not shady, it's their product and they can make design choices any time they want, but arguements such as your is why they now have adopted the stance of not making promises. If McD's changes the Big Mac by promising a new recipe and then reverts to the old, or even stating a new menu item they will introduce then not doing it because it doesn't fit with the McD's brand, that's not shady, that's a company trying something they want on their vision of a product.
    As for 6.1, the decision for flight was announced at BlizzCon (I believe) which they had not worked on and obviously felt no need to work on because they decided to not have it because of how they felt it made the game work. They reverted it because of the backlash and were not ready for it to be in the game, hence all the bugs they had with it. Their coding was not made for flight to be taken into account.
    With Legion, this is not the case as they have stated it will be in the game and players can start working for it day 1, while also allowing them to have it ready and bug free for when it's introduced. Per Dev words in an interview. So in a manner, yes, Legion will be able to flip a switch and be ready for flight with minimal or no bugs vs. WoD having multitudes because their was no code written for it.

Basically, my aim was credits to gear up an Asp Explorer for well, exploring (if I recall correctly, I already have the ship, but wasn't able to afford the gear, at the time I quit) and then leaving for some months long trip across half the galaxy (or more).

So, credits, but in order to be able to do what I actually wanted to do, not just the sake of themselves.

Oh, and I played the original one (well, Frontier: Elite 2 and First Encounters, not the original Elite) but none of them felt as annoyingly, soul-crushingly grindy as Dangerous to me.
    Community Goals offer some pretty nice rewards if you get into a higher tier, I started with a type-6 and just enough spare to fill my hold with metal (I think platinum) and by the end I could afford a fully kitted Asp Explorer. It was a very repetitive week but I picked up courier jobs to get some changes of scenery, usually I'd do 3 or 4 odd-jobs before getting back to shipping metal for the CG

I assume you left relatively early after the launch? Nowadays, getting 10-11 million to fully outfit an ASP isn´t considered difficult.

Anyway, here are my suggestions.

You said you have an ASP already. Go to the system Robigo and grab yourself some Smuggling missions. Frontier has nerfed the system a bit, but payouts of 2,2 million for a secret delivery of 12 or so Slaves aren´t unheard of.

Or you could do Community goals. Those renew each week, and the (bonus) payout can be very high, dependent on your personal contribution AND the community´s;

Or, if even those are too grindy for you, You could get yourself a DiamondBack Explorer. It is more affordable than the ASP, and still has a respectable jump range and fuel capacity;

Or, you could team up with other players Bounty Hunting or trading, for participation in the bounties or Trade dividends;

Or you can also pledge yourself to a Power, and act as a courier, warrior, or privateer. Getting 10K Merits (warning: it IS a painful grind) in a week will result in a salary of 50 million credits for the next one. 1,5K Merits result in a 5 million salary in the next week.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention: If you have the Horizons expansion, you can outfit your ship for Planetary landing and exploring. It is a bit bare bones (only airless moons can be landed at) but the system (planetary missions, synthesis, etc) is being slowly expanded.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-04-14 at 10:24 PM.

Again, no you can't argue shady behavior as again, Blizzard by rights changed the development of the game. That's not shady, it's their product and they can make design choices any time they want, but arguements such as your is why they now have adopted the stance of not making promises. If McD's changes the Big Mac by promising a new recipe and then reverts to the old, or even stating a new menu item they will introduce then not doing it because it doesn't fit with the McD's brand, that's not shady, that's a company trying something they want on their vision of a product.
    No one has mentioned about Blizzard changing the direction of development of the game the past ten pages...at this point it seems you are talking to yourself. To addrees your next argument they promised that there would be the ability to start to work on the achievement at launch for Legion. You are saying they adopted a stance of not making promises? Too late they already did.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-7-0-confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Watching the VT and they have confirmed that there will be no flying at launch but you can work on the Achievement to get it
    First post of this thread...you know the thread you are posting in? LOL?

As for 6.1, the decision for flight was announced at BlizzCon (I believe) which they had not worked on and obviously felt no need to work on because they decided to not have it because of how they felt it made the game work. They reverted it because of the backlash and were not ready for it to be in the game, hence all the bugs they had with it. Their coding was not made for flight to be taken into account.
    No WoD was flight compatible the problem was they didn't do enough testing during alpha/beta like in previous betas.

You are seriously confused and the reason why is Blizz never posted a sticky on their official forums when flight would return or when it was even delayed. Only made an official post when they dropped the bomb on an website interview not affiliated with Blizzard that flight was gone for good.

Blizz said there would be an epic quest line for flight in 6.1 at Blizzcon

Blizz says no flight for 6.1 on reddit of all places.

Blizz then says that 6.2 which is due later in the year is possible.

Blizz then says no flight not only in 6.2 but ever in future content.

With Legion, this is not the case as they have stated it will be in the game and players can start working for it day 1, while also allowing them to have it ready and bug free for when it's introduced. Per Dev words in an interview. So in a manner, yes, Legion will be able to flip a switch and be ready for flight with minimal or no bugs vs. WoD having multitudes because their was no code written for it.
    Day 1 of Legion means it needs to be testable in the alpha or beta like in previous alphas/betas. Current trajectory is the same as how it was handled in WoD. This is unacceptable and I find it surprising people support mediocrity.

You said you have an ASP already. Go to the system Robigo and grab yourself some Smuggling missions. Frontier has nerfed the system a bit, but payouts of 2,2 million for a secret delivery of 12 or so Slaves aren´t unheard of.
    Tried that. Between the nerf to it, and teleporting NPC pirates in Anacondas (I wish I was exaggerating) I gave up and quit.

I could go exploring already, since I have an exploring-outfitted Adder if I recall (well, without autorepair stuff, as there was no space for it), but I wanted to have a repair module (or best two, so they can repair each other if needed) before going for any really long trip (with Adder, I only made relatively short ones, like 1000 something ly away from the starting point, maybe circa 2k tops), and (if I'd buy the expansion) the landing gear and that exploring vehicle (I don't remember the exact names of things anymore) to collect the materials for repair modules.
    I doubt I'd care to return though, seeing as I'd rather just launch the game and go do what I want to do, without all the crazy grind just to be able to play how I'd like to. (perhaps funny enough, that can also apply to any sort of Pathfinder-like achievement in Legion, come to think of it :P ... if it ever happens, as I'll only believe it, if I see it)